Route Suggestion: Csx Sand Patch Grade (cumberland To Pittsburgh)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Daniel Gibbs, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

The CSX Sand Patch Grade (formerly Baltimore & Ohio) is available in Train Sim World, but I think it would be nice to see it in Train Simulator as well, only difference would be for it to run approximately 150 miles from Cumberland, MD to the big city of Pittsburgh, PA! It's a very beautiful and scenic route, especially during the spring and autumn! The Sand Patch Grade is one of the steepest grades in the Eastern United States. It's very famous for the Sand Patch Tunnel, the Horseshoe Curve near Mance, PA, and its 2% grades! Today, it sees a variety of freight traffic, such as autoracks, intermodal, grain, coal, and mixed freight! Additionally, it also sees the Amtrak Capitol Limited, which runs daily between Chicago and Washington, DC. Along the Sand Patch Grade, it makes station stops at Pittsburgh, Connellsville, and Cumberland. Theute shall include the CSX AC4400CW and the CSX GP40-2, plus a variety of freight equipment. Some of which would include CSX lettering. Boxcars, autoracks, tank cars, lumber and pipe cars, woodchip hoppers, you name it! I think separate DLC locomotives should be made for it, too! Such as the SD40-2's and yard slugs, a CSX GEVO expansion pack, and a CSX SD70 pack. Who's up for it?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

No thanks. We don't need a "Train Simulator 2018" version of it from Dovetail Games. Having to have Train Simulator 2018 versions and Train Sim World versions of the same route only holds up production for all-new, original routes for either game. Besides, Sand Patch Grade has been made for Train Simulator 2018 as a freeware route from another developer. I don't have the link to it, but I did see screenshots of it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Being from Pittsburgh, I would like this. There are no places to drive the Capitol Limited currently.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Daniel Gibbs

Excellent! And also, IF this route was ever done, what locos do you think shall be included? I personally think the AC4400 and GP40-2 should, plus other CSX locomotives as separate DLC packs. Matter of fact, I think this route would also fit perfectly for VRC's Chessie U30C and DTM's TS Marketplace Chessie GP30!

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Everything CSX!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Honestly what’s the point? Why waist DTG’s time with transferring this route to TS when they can be making a whole new route? I could understand wanting to move this route to TSW if it started off in TS just to get the extra nice detail and graphics but this is more of a downgrade then an upgrade.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Daniel Gibbs

Or, if not DTG, why not JL or even G-Trax?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

True. We never said DTG had to do it. I’d prefer a third party route anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daniel Gibbs

Any 3rd Party Dev, except T&D. They're slackers with the locomotive lighting. And JL would be a good one, but they tend to add the advanced brakes. G-Trax, probably a good one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

G-TRAX is very good!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daniel Gibbs

And I would also hope they'd make better textures, plus add the Alerter display on the HUD.

• Like Like x 1