PlayStation East Coastway: Platforms Too Short (or Train Too Long?)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by voy_tech, Nov 10, 2020.

1. voy_tech

voy_tech Member

Hi everyone,
    I just encountered some issues while running the 2G07 service from Hastings to Brighton (it is like 16th or 17th journey chapter on ECW).
    You are given 8 car train which apparently does not fit all the stations you are supposed to stop at.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These screenshots were taken at Glynde, where I stopped precisely on 5-12 cars stop mark.

Same thing happens at the next station Lewes, where you are taken to Platform 4: it has different car stop marks, yet the train won't fit there at all. I stopped at the very end of the platform, just before the signal, but it looked more or less the same as shown in the pictures.

Similar problem happens at Moulsecoomb (Platform 1).

So I guess either the platforms are not up to scale and they're too short OR this service should not be stopping at these stations because the train is too long OR you are given 8 car train instead of 4 cars.

Anyways, this is a thing that definitely should be looked into DTG Protagonist DTG Natster DTG Jamie DTG Clarkey

2. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Nope, this is all perfect, IRL the train has SDO which mean the doors wont open when they arent on a platform. DTG couldnt sort this out intime, train stop here all the time

• Like Like x 1
  3. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Many trains stop at short platforms its totally normal, for years had full length HST's stopping at a station that couldn't even handle the length of 2 full coaches at Stonehouse in Gloucestershire, only extended the platform because trains were getting even longer than what they were before.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

This also means that the scenario planner should not restrict us by prohibiting longer trains at shorter platforms!
    This has to be looked into as well. And there should not be the need to do this "off the rails".

• Like Like x 3
  5. voy_tech

voy_tech Member

Oh I see, my bad then I guess. I was just surprised to see such behaviour in the game.

Anyways, the „solution“ to this would be making the SDO properly functional, am I correct? Meaning if you press it on the dashboard (you actually can at the moment), the doors that are not on the platform would not open.

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

You have an option to only open the doors on the first unit, using the bottom left/right (""outer"") red button instead of the top ""inner"" button

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Every 10 car 800 that comes in to Cornwall doesnt fit at any of the stations other than Plymouth and Penzance...trains dont fit the stations any more :)

8. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

You know you have the option of just opening the first four cars, right?
    Wish they had a way to make that possible in LIRR. (Without having to run to the correct cab to do so.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It does not, only at the departing platform the train needs to fit.

10. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Did you try to run a Baby Bullet from Frisco to San José yet? It won't happen in scenario planner as the only available departing platform is too short ...

11. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

This is as it is in real life, I used to travel on this line for many years and you'd often hear on 8 car trains that many of the stops had short platforms

12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

No I did not try, don't own this DLC. You should report this as a bug in the scenario planner