PlayStation Marseille > Avignon Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Looking forward to getting our first peek and details about this route.

What are you hoping to see?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am also looking forward to seeing a sneak peak of the latest new route.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

I actually hope that it will be fun to drive this route. but I hope too rhat the TGV Duplex is not the only TGV available to drive.

• Like Like x 3
  4. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

I really hope the TGV Duplex has PZB and LZB. And really really really hope TVM 430 gets added to the DB BR 406.
    It's unlikely but one can dream. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see if they've got any tricks up their sleeve to make it more than just back and forth at high speeds, although even if not I am not sure I will be able to resist this route.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Yes feel a bit like you as I quickly lose interest going back and forth at high speed with little else to do.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I don't mind going back and forth necessarily, I just like there to be something to add a little challenge. With the class 43 on GWE it's that the acceleration is so painstaking, and the braking even moreso, and with the ICE3 and ICE3m the lines are busy, and there's a chance of getting caught behind a train in front of you on SKA.

My worry with a French LGV is by design they exclude all other traffic, they are purpose built for long distance high-speed, the TGV duplex is a modern train with decent acceleration and brakes so will be it be challenging in any way? Although having said that, I obviously haven't tried braking from 320kph in a double deck high speed train yet so maybe I should keep my mouth shut about how simple it might be xD. Anyway, I would probably be content to use a Class 43 in off the rails mode and give France the gift of high speed diesel. Once it can be used in the livery editor I'll be pretty content to just buy routes for the sake of doing that!

• Like Like x 6
  8. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

I’m looking forward to this route,if DTG reads this I have a few questions:-
    How long has this been in production for,and if it’s a copied version of TS version,what has if anything been improved on.

Has this been tried and tested as I’m starting to get a right pain in the neck with all the bugs that seem to be in TSW2.

If it hasn’t been tried and test and released ,why give it a premium price as quite clearly we’re doing the testing for DTG and sending faults.
    I’m fully aware that new games have issues but why not do more testing before any route is sent out,live streams say there is a team for certain roles,but I think there needs to be a team for testing,I’ll say it again testing.
    Love the game but fed up with the bugs....sorry who reads this,didn’t want to rant but feel it’s necessary sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I am the same... with SKA, I pass the LZB marker Board outside Köln, stick the AFB and Power handle to the max and go and make myself a coffee haha.
    I hope they add another element into the game; it could get very repetitive and tiresome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

That’s why I drive without AFB :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Honestly, the one thing that im hoping to see out of this new route is the volume of traffic it'll have, and whether or not its sufficient. Part of the fun of driving a high speed service is not only that sensation of reaching incredible speeds, but also watching all the scenery and landmarks whizz past as you overtake other local services. Thats honestly the main reason why I got a hold of HMA/MAG. Not only were there a lot of services, but there's plenty of variation within those services too! It felt a little bit like an actual network!
    High-speed isn't fun if you can't honk at the slower fellas chugging along on the track besides you! :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You are out of luck for overtaking on this route as it is for the high speed trains only. The only trains you will see are more TGVs coming the other way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Which is a shame if I have to be honest! Part of me feels there could've perhaps been another TGV route in France that they could have a look at.

Marseille - Avignon looks to be relatively scenic, but if thats the only strong point for this route I think they'll have a hard time convincing some folk! I'll be waiting to see the preview stream, whenever that goes live

• Like Like x 2
  14. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

If anyone is asking for PZB/LZB on the TGV it won’t be in as in the artwork it’s the Duplex 200 series and no TGVs goes from Germany to Marseille the only TGVs equipped with PZB/LZB are the Dasye the 2N2 both Thalys PBA - PBKA and it’s Spanish cousin the S100. We can count the POS but it’s running exclusively in France now

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  15. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

The Marseille-Avignon route reminds me when I used to play MSTS, and downloaded the same route. The difference was that you have Marseille, Aix-en Provence, Avignon, Nimes and Valence. That was loads of fun for a freeware route with the Duplex.

16. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

Oh, crap!
    BTW, are those in this video de 2N2 Duplex?
    As they are in Frankfurt Hbf.
    It starts from 9.50 onwards

17. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yes it’s running in Germany and it’s the 2N2 3UA 4700 series

• Like Like x 1