Tsw 2 Has Dynamic Weather

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Amtrak131, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

I discovered this fact when i went out on a ride on the munich route. I had set the weather to rain in autumn and it did the first 15 mins, when my ice train left the station, it was no longer raining but snowing with snow covering the landscape.

is this a sign tsw 2 has some sort of dynamic weather?

• Like Like x 1
  2. hightower

hightower Guest

Sadly not. MSB was the same.

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes. Rain can turn to snow if the temperature drops, and vise versa.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hightower

hightower Guest

Indeed it can. It isn’t dynamic weather though, nor is it a precursor to dynamic weather.

• Like Like x 1
  5. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Pity, FS 2000 had dynamic real-world weather.

• Like Like x 1
  6. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Train Simulator have dynamic weather.

7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It's always had dynamic weather possible in scenarios (apparently) - supposedly much easier to do than in TS2021. If it's been used or not, I don't know because I never play the scenarios.

8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Had trainsimcz not a video in his channel about weather recently? Maybe he knows more if there is just melting snow and freezing rain

9. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Sure here you can clearly see how is the weather changing :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s not ‘true/proper’ dynamic weather. Yes, rain will turn to snow and vice versa depending on elevation however it’ll never stop snowing or raining, for example.

There’s no dynamic weather - just the one you’ve selected from the menu. So you’ll never go from sun to cloud to rain or the other way round unfortunately.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Proper dynamic weather is something I've wanted in TSW since it launched back in 2017. TSxx implemented it (but possibly not for all routes), so I expected it would be there back when TSW lauched but sadly it wasn't

imo dynamic weather would go a loooong way of improving immersion...I really hope it is added in one day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Great western express’ Christmas closure scenario seems to get more and more foggy as the scenario progresses.

13. hightower

hightower Guest

Yeah, as London Midland says, you can go from snow to rain or visa versa depending on altitude and/or temperature. It’s absolutely not dynamic weather though.

14. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

In Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker you can actually change the weather parameters while a scenario is running, and the engine will handle it just fine. So the engine capability is there.

So it is quite possible that in the future we might get either dynamically changing weather (similar to ACC), or even real weather, as I hope the engine has real coordinates information, as it has in TS classic. Hooking it up then to a 3rd party weather data provider shouldn't be that complicated. It is something the community has done several times in racing sims (i.e. Pcars2/AMS/RFactor2).

• Like Like x 3
  15. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

There is proper dynamic weather, you can mess with weather during scenarios like you want... just DTG is using preconfigured weather as its just easier for them to choose it without any configurations. But its possible to add some timing into the weather and do 10 min heavy rain, then after 10 mins it will be just cloudy and windy for 5 mins, than clouds will move out and be sunny for 30 mins, etc.... so it doesnt matter where you are, the weather will change, you can do incoming fog, ... many stuff to do with the weather. Just check the video which i post... there is fog, sunny, rain, snow... as that is from DTG trailer... they setup that weather to show the pre-relase footage of the game back in 2016 - 17.

• Like Like x 3
  16. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Yes, that kind of small changeability I liked a lot on the older game versions. It rains for a while, but then it stops. Or wind changes and you don´t see moving trees. They should add a new slider to be able to set changeability rate affecting to amount of clouds, wind and precipitation.

Cheers

17. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I've had this in a CRR scenario, I think the 2nd in the SD40 journey. I started out with cloudy weather and after 10 minutes on the route the first rain drops came, some minutes later it was raining harder and 5 minutes further down the route I found myself in the middle of a thunderstorm :D

• Like Like x 4
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yep, that was fun :)
    Unfortunately, this is probably not possible on the timetable.