More Over 100km Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kosti.nuuja, Nov 13, 2020.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

I have written earlier, that routes for TSW2 are short. I want to see routes that are over 100 km long. Upcoming LGV Mediterranee is the only over 100km route for TSW2. But I primarily want to see a German IC route for TSW2, such as Hamburg-Hannover, Köln-Frankfurt, München-Nürnberg, Berlin-Leipzig etc.

• Like Like x 9
  2. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

It's said to be 105 kilometers,
    105 kilometers = 65.2439751849 miles
    Still too short

3. kosti.nuuja

But it tells that over 100km routes are possible, and there would be more of them. And the production of the LGV Mediterranee took much less time than I estimated, so over 100km routes are not too complicated to produce. Even 180km Köln-Frankfurt would be realistic, because there are not very much stations on the line.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  4. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Don't know if you've read the dev diary for the route, but they used some AI technology to initially start with the route building which is why it took less time. You also have to remember that some of this route goes through farmland, which is a lot easier to build than any built up area as well as the fact there are less intermediate stations which require more time as well. This AI technology could get improved in future and make it easier to build other routes but we should wait and see.

If you wanted a 100 mile UK route through many built up areas right now with many intermediate stations you'd be paying £50+.

5. kosti.nuuja

Can I remind you that the Köln-Frankfurt goes trough farmland as well, and the line goes trough many long tunnels in urban areas. And most of the stations of the line are already modelled for TS20xx in Köln airport link and Frankfurt high speed routes. There are only three stations, which are not modelled.

6. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

1) They have to rebuild the models for TSW2, they can't just port them over.
    2) They've been using Train Simulator 20xx route editor for 10+ years now and they are extremely familiar with it, they can build routes a lot quicker in it for that reason. This game with the Unreal engine has a different editor
    3) They've only introduced the AI building starting with the LGV route.

7. kosti.nuuja

Screenshot (6).png Screenshot (5).png

Can you see any differences between those buildings?

8. Ferias

Ferias New Member

Nürnberg - München via Ingolstadt with ICE3 and BR101&766.2 DBpbzfa would be great, I am sure lots of us would buy it