Train Sim World 2 Coming Soon - The Db Br 363

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Yes, it has to be configured for each wheel in-house and treated like a separate object. Hopefully DTG will look into using this feature soon so it is less retroactive work later. :)

3. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

This works by rotating the dummy-material that gets distorted. The underlying wheel is not rotated, so this only works on solid uniform wheels, not on any spoke wheel or anything like the BR 363.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

In one of the scenarios for this engine, there's a second driver in the cab. You, too, can use that driver position!
    If the scenario or timetable you've selected begins with you in the primary driver's seat, you'll have to begin by pressing E to stand up, of course.
    Step over to the left side of the cab and look down until you locate the "Stand on second man's seat" label: TSW2_TAPper_1605433546_00a.png
    Ignore the fact that this caption is both sexist and ridiculous -- just press E while it is visible.

You can then carry on with the normal steps for taking control, such as setting the gear, pressing the control button, setting the reverser, etc.
    This is what your new driving perspective will look like:

TSW2_TAPper_1605284040_00.png
    I'm taking this as a good reason to repeat all of the available activities for this engine. Enjoy!!!

P.s.: no, there won't be a primary driver in the cab with you, although that would be an interesting feature.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

Are you sure that it's necessary to have the Master Control Key set to off before changing driving gears? I've been setting the gear to shunting after turning on the master key and everything has seemed to be working properly; you probably know best, but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks for contributing to our knowledge of this engine, especially since DTG has not bothered to supply a user's manual.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I tried and it did not work until |I turned off the master controller. I will check again to be very sure. It is clear this is not a gear like you would use in the class 101. It has a completely different function. It is more like exchanging a UK class 09 and class 08. but then in one loco.

It is a bit dangerous to assume I know things better than you. I can make mistakes and sometimes I do. I appreciate your comment.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I'm using the standing position only because I tend to overlook signals near the ground ;-)

By the way: Still having a great amount of fun with this loco!

Edit: Rudolf I have had problems chaning the gear once and it was because I was rolling with 0,00001 km/h. So maybe set the (hand)brake and you should be able to flip the switch with active master control key.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You may be right about the gear. I tried again, and now I could set it. I will update the guide soon ...

10. LastTrainToClarksville

Can't you take yourself there, using the "Scenario editor"? (I haven't tried this tool yet, but you should be able to put together a freight train and drive it to the Power Station -- I think.

11. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

You can walk it but unfortunately that’s all

12. LastTrainToClarksville

Yes, you're right, although the Power Station can be found on the 2D map and it's possible to spawn in there on foot, it isn't available as a destination or mid-point in the "Scenario editor" which, of course, isn't a true editor at all: just another deceptive attempt to appease those of us who would like a scenario creator like the one in TS.

13. LastTrainToClarksville

Another question about this great engine:

TSW2_TAPper_1605784234_00a.jpg

I think that I've tried all of the light switches in the cab, but perhaps there's one I've missed.

Two of those switches refer to engine and engine compartment lights, making me wonder whether the engine compartment is accessible. I've nosed around the exterior without finding a panel that can be opened -- yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I thought they said in a previous stream the power station is off-limits for trains because IRL the tracks have been removed, so to have trains going there in TSW wouldn't be realistic. I don't have the route so I can't check but presumably it is clear whether the tracks at the power station actually link up to any lines that are used in the game.

15. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Help! I don't know what happens but when I hook up wagons I can't drag them because they're braked.
    I've seen videos from Youtube and this doesn't happen to them, what am I doing wrong?

16. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

You’ll have to charge the brakes on the wagons first. First make sure your drivers brake is in the “driving” position and wait till the main reservoir brake pressure reaches 8.6 bar. Then you can drive off.

• Like Like x 1
  17. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your help :). I have tried but it is not working, I explain what is wrong with me
    There are 4 HUD brake indicators on this loco (BP--BC--EQ--MR).
    Well, before hooking up the wagons are 6.7--0.0--6.7--8.6. When coupling they go to 5.0--4.8--5.0--8.4 and the train does not move because it is braked.
    I understand that BC must be at 0,0 because if not the brakes are applied, right? Well, when I move the lever to release position it only empties a little bit of air (from 4.8 it goes to 3.5) but when I put it on driving position it empties MR (from 8.6 to 6.5) but BC recovers from 3.5 to 4. And I listen how the air compressor is activated, which makes MR to fill up again to 8.6.
    Doing that many times I get BC finally down to 0.00 but I'm about ten minutes to achieve it :(, something I'm doing wrong or I have it badly configured because in videos I've seen when they hook and give release BC goes down immediately to 0.0.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 1
  18. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Yes you’re right about the BC. Your doing everything right except for one thing. I believe you’re setting the driver/train brake to the “release” (in Deutsch „Lösen“) position. That means you're overcharging the brakes. Basically what that means is the brake pipe pressure increases in effort to overcharge the triple valve/stuck brakes. Or when brakes struggle to release, the overcharge seals the control reservoir and current brake application. That's why the BP/wagon brakes are still applied.
    Actually releasing the brakes is the “driving“ position (in Deutsch „Fahren“).
    Bitteschön :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thank you again for your help, and for the effort to speak in German, even though I am Spanish.
    There is no way, I leave the brake lever in the "drive" position but there is no way they will release the brakes, even if several minutes pass.
    I don't understand it, I have almost all the TSW routes and I manage well with all the locomotives but with this one there is no way.
    At the moment I'm going to leave it "parked" until next year, when I return I might see it more clearly!

• Like Like x 1
  20. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

i know this is a bit off topic but here you have someone who can talk spanish