Is The Catch Dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thorman, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Does the arrival of a new copy/pasted FSW game a few days ago mean The Catch (released a few months ago) is abandonned?
    The way DTG Fishing division is managed a mystery to me, it behaves like a headless chicken.

A player who is confused by the company's non-sense logic. (with his wallet closed from now on)

• Like Like x 1
  2. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

Yeah, that move by DTG was mad strange. WTF is this new game when you already got a game? SMH...

3. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi all, the Fishing Sim World: Bass Pro Shops Edition is a standalone version of Fishing Sim World for players who are new to the fishing game. This is why we have also offered the Bass Pro Shops Equipment Pack for players who already play our game. The full Bass Pro Shops Edition comes with an underwater camera that we were not able to include in the equipment pack however, we thought it fair that we offer the equipment to existing players as well. We do not recommend existing players purchase the Bass Pro Shops Edition for the one feature of the underwater camera. It is a standalone version for new players.

As for The Catch, we currently do not have any official announcements yet. I will of course let everyone know if and when there is an update on The Catch.

4. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

Thanks for the reply

5. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Welcome to the world of Dovetail games fishing guys! This is the fishing division of Dovetails' operandus modi. If you're new to the franchise this is what, based on their past performance, you can expect. I don't want to always take a negative tone in my posts here. Yet, as of late(last 12 months especially) Dovetail has made it extremely challenging to hold them in any kind of positive light.
    To be fair The Catch is a good, fairly solid release of their core fishing game. So if it's your fist experience with their fishing games, stick with it. It is a more polished version of their last 3 releases to be sure.
    They have a track record of releasing a game followed by 6-12 or more dlc's. Euro fishing had 9 add ons, Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour had a whopping 17 dlc (counting the recent Bass Pro Shops). They usually do 3-4 'special edition' re-releases. The newly released FSW: Bass Pro Shop edition which they say is a stand alone game. It is in essence FSW: Pro Tour stripped of all the lakes except for the 7-8 Bass lakes from the original game released in the fall of 2018. They added Bass Pro Shops as exclusive sponsor and are passing it off as a 'new stand alone' game.

A company has got to make money & this is how they make theirs. The Catch is as good a game physically as you're going to find for consoles. The other game competitors may offer more maps & locations but are filled with micro transactions & pay to play, pay to progress mechanics. Dovetail has, in my opinion, the best 'complete package' fishing game out there. So it's a love hate relationship I & most players of this franchise have. Give the game a chance, It's a very sold fishing experience, that is worth the money. Just have to be very cautious of having a lot of expectations for game support, bug fixes, patches, etc. Youn can bank on it that there will be more dlc & re-releases to come before we see a Real follow up to FSW: Pro Tour. But, again if we're being completely fair & honest here. I will take dlc for a good, sold game over re-releases of the same game or other games filled with in game micro transactions, over priced add on dlc's, & game passes that other companies do. Just have a realistic perspective on how historically Dovetail has handled this franchise & let's all hope they manage to bounce back & step it up a notch or two in 2021 & beyond!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

This is non-sense. You say Fishing Sim World: Bass Pro Shops Edition is not intended to FSW Pro Tour players. But you sell the same game with an update that you could have given for free to previous FSW owners.
    By the way you say you "offered the Bass Pro Shops Equipment Pack for players who already play our game". No you don't. You sell it. And it doesn't even have the underwater cam.
    As for The Catch players, they are totally forgotten. Brillant.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Thorman, we hear everyone's feedback regarding the underwater camera feature. We unfortunately were not able to include this in the Bass Pro Shops Equipment Pack, it was just something we were not able to do.

We know our messaging has not been clear for our Catch community and we are working on this and hoping we can have an open conversation soon about our plans and directions going forward.