PlayStation Upcoming Db Br 101

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Will this come with the IC cars or will it be used for existing Dosto services ?

2. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I would think it's only worth purchasing if it includes the InterCity coaches and control car.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  3. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I would hope so. I really hope so. It would make sense and add a lot to German collection.

4. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Since the real 101 aren't used for DoSto services and in general anything other than IC at all (one is even used for an ICE service using the coaches of the former Metropolitan) it indeed wouldn't make sense at all without the IC coaches and I can't imagine DTG would release it without them as there would be no use at all for it then.

What I would find even more important is that there is a huge opportunity here. The 101 can be seen on every german route released so far. Sometimes with lots of services (HRR, HMA), sometimes only in stations (RT, RSN). I would really like to point out that this would be a vast amount of gameplay added if the long time missing IC services would be included for the other routes - something which has been requested in other forms many times now.

It would really be worth the effort including it on all german lines but since this opportunity has been missed at the 363 as well I figure we are more likely to see an other german football champion as Bayern Munich... or snow at noon in July...

• Like Like x 6
  5. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

This may not be too unusual at higher altitudes in the southern hemisphere. XD

• Like Like x 1
  6. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I fear they might only add it to the Tsw2 routes. The ICE 3 is seen on HRR and if I am not mistaken on RRO irl, yet it has not been added to the old routes in retrospect...

7. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with you. The gameplay aspect is something that has been lacking throughout TSWs product history... we will need to hope for Adams team I guess.

By the way, would it be possible to increase their weekly working hours to the desperately needed 70-80...? ;) :D

8. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

In the Roadmap stream (26 January) they told that the 101 IS coming with the IC wagons but without the IC Cab Car. I have to say that's a pretty big disappointment (they also now it is) but for me it went from 'must buy' to 'probably not'. I'm really not sure this is a good idea, but time will tell I guess.

9. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Agree with you! I will buy if it add s services to other routes other than HRR. Like SKA...

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The IC doesn't run on the real-life SKA. No need for it, with regular ICE service.

11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

While that's technically true, in the sense that it wouldn't be playable, it does run from Koln to Bonn and then onwards to various destinations, so there is an argument to be made to see an AI service, which would add some life.

Personally I think something as iconic as IC services should be applied wherever they are used, even if it is only AI operated, if it's there then it seems a shame not to have it where it should be IRL, just like ICE services should be layered onto routes where they operate IRL.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  12. Boda09

Boda09 Member

HMA then and/or MSB

13. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

It should come with the IC cars. The IC dostos are usually run by the new Twindex locos or a variation of the 146.2.

14. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

there is also the Stadler Kiss that is used on IC-2 services. Read through it on wikipedia the other day. Magnificent machine.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

The 101s will never run with the Dostos, as they are stuck together with their loco for their lifetime. Because of the configuration of the TCN you can´t separate or exchange the loco from it´s coaches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Is there any reference material for this? It’s not that I don’t believe you, I’m just not the most clued up on the specifics of German stock, and it sounds fascinating that a rake of coaches have a lifetime bond with a loco.

17. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The DB BR 101 only drives mostly with IC coaches. On some occasions, it drive with some cargo. And sometimes they also drive with other different coaches. I couldn't find something about that the DB BR 101 runs with Dosto's.

18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The IC proper (not IC2) advertises and mostly offers a higher level of comfort than Regiobahnen (i.e. Dostos). Once upon a time, IC was the highest prestige level in the DB system and a little of that still remains, in that they sill use the TEE/IC Eurofima and m-Wagen Avmz (compartment) coaches (together with some renovated former Interregio-Express wagons).

19. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Caltrain also ordered these for the Peninsula Corridor when they go electric. Hopefully someday we’ll see them in game on that route.

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You won’t because Peninsula Corridor route is staying as it is, un-electrified. You could of course drive them there using off the rails, if we get them included in a different route, but you’ll have to pretend the route is electrified and also make your own livery if you want the trains to look like Caltrain stock.

• Like Like x 2
  21. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Everything was said above but let me also say that for PC they have to rebuild from scratches like GWE route if we’ll have the OHLE version so it’ll be years before we’ll get the Kiss EMU of before if other 3rd parties will have the route editor

22. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Yes Peninsula Corridor “Preserved” is staying as is, but would be nice to see it revamped for whatever version of TSW we may have by then. Keep in mind this may be a few years down the road. Wishful thinking anyways.