PlayStation Noisy Ps4 Pro

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by andy218coupe, Nov 8, 2020.

1. andy218coupe

andy218coupe New Member

Hi guys is anyone else having issues with they ps4 pro sounding like a jet engine. It’s even louder than the tv. I’m waiting for the ps5 and hope that’s quiet.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mg05stewc

mg05stewc New Member

I have just a basic PS4 but the fan runs up like its powering a fighter jet to the speed of sound! That said it only does this in the menus which is annoying especially when you pause to take a call and a 747 starts up in your livingroom.

• Like Like x 5
  3. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Mine does too

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with the old PS4 Pro revision, it was so loud that I couldn't stand it anymore. Alltough I cleaned it and changed the thermal paste, it was a little bit less noisy but still very loud. I sold my old PS4 pro and got a new revision, which is totally quite now. It seems to be a problem depending on your revision or how dirty your fan is... You could try to clean the fan and the heat sink inside the ps4...

• Like Like x 1
  5. andy218coupe

andy218coupe New Member

I have cleaned my fan but not the paste. Guess I have a older ps4 then.

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s atrociously loud but hopefully I’ll have a PS5 soon, if I can manage to order one.

7. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

With me it's always like that. sometimes my PS4 is loud when I'm in the Livery Editor. I've cleaned my PS4 properly against dust, but it's still as loud as on an airport where many planes are gonna take-off.

8. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Mine is ready to take off to the moon especially when I’m on the main menu

9. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

10. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I had this issue earlier this year, to fix it I rebuilt my PS4 database and left the lid off, not an ideal solution I know - you probably want to dust/hoover it occasionally. But it quietened down straight away.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DerTino

DerTino New Member

I've set the resolution from 4k to HD ingame! This helped me a lot with the noise

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. BigH

BigH Active Member

The PS5 is super quiet according to people who already got it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

My original PS4 did sound like a jet engine after a while of usage and got quite warm, even with regular vent maintenance and airflow.
    My first PS4 pro (the white one) was fine to start with but when it got warm it wasn't necessarily noisy but it did suffer from stutter and then completely froze.

My second gen PS4 pro has none of the issues at all, except when we got the hot summer but I cooled it down using my air con unit. It's quiet as a mouse even when being constantly used for gaming and streaming services.

14. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

It should be looking at the size of it. A case that big should easily dissipate heat, unless it runs at the same temperature as a McDonalds apple pie.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigH

BigH Active Member

The heatsink is absolutely massiv and they are using a, hopefully, clever system of some kind of liquid metal instead of normal thermopaste to make contact with the CPU/GPU.

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The PS5 is so quiet apparently you can hear Coil Whine - if close to the machine. In most situations this won’t be noticed but people have mentioned it on YouTube. I’m hoping to secure one tomorrow.

17. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

I just got my PS5 yesterday and played HMA. The console was completely silent!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Allan

Allan Member

My PS5 is so quiet. I had the very first PS4 and it sounded louder then my tv but you can’t hear the PS5

19. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The PS5 runs very smoothly and quietly. It's a nicely designed system. Yes it's big for a console but a lot of the space is heat sink as mentioned above.

• Like Like x 1
  20. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

You wait, give it six months and our PS5's will be sounding like a 747 on take off.

At the moment it's very silent, mine is behind the TV, so wouldn't notice anyway. My PS4 Pro though sounded like it was going to take off!

• Like Like x 3
  21. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

My PS4 Pro is/was so loud, as soon as most games loaded up it sounded like the washing machine on a 1400 spin.
    My PS5 is so quiet the only time you can hear any sort of noise is if the room is totally silent, then it's a very faint hum and you have to get close and consciously listen out for it. It doesn't sound like a fan, more like coil whine.
    I'm still in the honeymoon period of being amazed how quiet it is. Also, it's been on every day since last Thursday for more than 12 hours each day, apart from today, and it's been completely cool to the touch on the occasions I've felt it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  22. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Is it wrong that the first thing I put onto my PS5 was TSW2 THEN the Spiderman game that came with it!

23. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

No, I'd bought Demon's Souls ready for the 19th and didn't play it for 2 days because of TSW2!