Roadmap Update 10th November 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Nov 10, 2020.

1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes fair enough, I probably didn't word it very well. I like the idea of a high speed run, I will be purchasing it, just personally half an hour or so is enough for me. I too don't enjoy routes like Sand Patch grade, prefer a high speed run to that.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but we can't give you any further informations at the moment. We'll let you know as soon as we got updates. The safest way would be to follow us on social media, you can't miss any news there!

• Like Like x 4
  3. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

C40-8W incoming soon started teasing photos

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You're a day late. lol

• Like Like x 4
  5. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

No word on BR heavy freight then? Got to be next week before next road map update?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Skyz2020

:( all quite, @dtgnatster any news? Looking forward to some class 40 action

7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

8. theorganist

I suspect it is next week now, I think it would be too late for today.

NTP certainly feels more empty without it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Id imagine it will be next week now, maybe adam and the prescol team arent finished yet?

10. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

So it appears that the C40-8W was “delayed”, which isn’t good, as it means the LGV line will probably also be one week later, on December 10th instead of the 3rd.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

What you mean by delayed? Obviously i know what delayed means lol, i mean what makes you say that?

12. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

There seems to be an awful lot of jumping to conclusions going on. I have been on all the roadmap streams and read all the released roadmaps. I don't recall any commitment from a member of DTG that if something is in "Next Arrival" that means it will definitely arrive before the next roadmap update as some people seem to be assuming and stating as "fact". That then amplifies in the echo chambers of what people want to hear and suddenly things are being stated as being "late".

Of course, if anyone can point me to a written statement or a link to an verbal statement in a stream I will gladly stand corrected.

• Like Like x 8
  13. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I knew I shouldn’t have said that. Please note that I said “delayed”, with quotes. They never gave a release date, but I suspected they would keep up the releases 2 weeks apart. As for the LGV, I don’t think they’re gonna release 2 things only 1 week apart, so it’s probably going to come later than some people expected. I’m not saying there’s not a reason, for example, I’m pretty sure the Dash 8’s cab isn’t finished yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think people have reasonably assumed that "next arrivals " will release before the next Roadmap based on past practice. It's a fair and logical assumption. If they are delayed, an announcement would be a nice gesture. I'm happy to wait, but age brings patience.:)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Costpap

Costpap Member

To be honest, I feel like there is a clear lack of communication between DTG and the community. I could never understand the difference between "Upcoming" and "Next Arrival", they both feel the same to me. They’re basically two different degrees of "this is ready, you should expect it soon, but we won’t let you know when" to me. I think that when something enters the Next Arrival stage, we should be able to know it’s release date. I don’t see what’s wrong with letting customers know when their much awaited product will arrive, if anything, it will only make it better. Lots of other game developers communicate release dates with their community, why can DTG not do this? Or at least give us more than just an article and a section of a "roadmap" to let us know that something is actually close to release? In my opinion, this could help reduce the big misunderstanding and the jumping to conclusions which can be observed above. I really hope that DTG Natster is able to see and reply to this when they can.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Guess we will be asking these questions during tonight's stream :D Mike the Teaboy is noticably quiet this week too, perhaps he will be on their teams thing tonight so he can let them know whether they can say anything more about any upcoming releases.

I was hoping for Heavy Freight today, but not strongly as otherwise I think they would have been playing it tonight. You can tell when something new is coming out from what is being played on the Thursday and Friday streams.

At the very least I thought we might get another LGV blog post...

17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not too difficult to understand. Next arrival means the next things to be released, whether they be DLC or updates, but with no timeframe. Upcoming means production is more or less complete (in testing etc.) and will be heading towards release soon. In Production is what’s been actively worked on but could be in any stage and could be far from completion. DTG have repeatedly said that they can’t give timelines because circumstances change too often. If they gave a timeline they would constantly have to amend it. Remember the days before the roadmap?

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think there is a valid point here. Why not leave items on the "Upcoming " list until they're ready for release, then move them to "Next Arrivals " in anticipation of an imminent launch. Delays might still happen occasionally.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Skyz2020

DTG Natster must be busy. O well we wait some more. Livery designer for preserved collection should be soon aswell, looking forward to re branding the 43, 08, 37 and 40 with some red, black and white intercity setups

• Like Like x 1
  20. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

IoW begs to differ.

I would give Adam's team the benefit of the doubt here and suppose that they are focusing extra time on sounds once again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

That should give them time to do a YN3b and YN3 livery for them as some were like that in reality.

22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This is not necessarily true. We've had releases one week apart not so long ago (IoW and HMA). Granted one of them was the 3rd party, but if they wanted to move things, they could. Besides, TSW1 also had many DTG DLC pairs released week (or closer) from each other (Baby Bullet and Oakville 7 days, MP15 and HRR only 5 days apart). Judging by this they're completely fine with releases being so close.

23. Axelthorpe

Axelthorpe New Member

Can't wait for the DB BR 101! Just noticed it under "In Planning".
    Hopefully with white InterCity coaches :)

24. Skyz2020

Nice Alex, was thinking the blue and white regional railways would also work on 101 for manc to Leeds. Unless I am mistaken regional railways used to operate 101s?

25. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Different BR101!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  26. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

No updates for you yet I'm afraid, will let you know when I have some news to share.

• Like Like x 2
  27. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I don't recall seeing RR class coloured 101s working the Manchester - Leeds in the 1990s. It was mainly Class 158s for express and standard Sprinters and Pacers doing the stoppers. Most of the units where based at Longsight So you mainly saw them on routes like Wilmslow to Warrington Central, also Manchester Piccadilly to Marple, Rose Hill, New Mills and Sheffield. Although I have seen one operating the Oldham Loop Line, and one going to Clitheroe. Of course this is just the 101s in the North West.

More information can be found here: https://railcar.co.uk/type/class-101/liveries

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Skyz2020

Hibiki thanks, are you looking forward to Livery designing the British sets. If so which one and why?

• Like Like x 1
  29. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

Yes I am, I am looking forward to putting a 101 into BR Blue. Maybe even put one into RR. The thing is I have always had a soft spot for DMUs as a whole. I am hoping we get some more units soon, The Pacers would be a good addition for the North, and Although set in 1983, you could pretend to be in 1985ish.

30. Skyz2020

Amazing how many Pacers are still out there in the northern and gwr fleet of 2020! Looking forward to re spraying a 37. Hurry up DTG a lot of love for the preserved collection getting Livery designer from the fan base & conversely DTG then have people back on the hook, or the buckeye ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. theorganist

I can recall seeing a white with blue striped class 101 around the Stourbridge area when I was young in the early 80's, so that livery would probably work for NTP.

32. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

its been in planning since the game release

• Like Like x 1
  33. Axelthorpe

Axelthorpe New Member

It has? And still not "in production"?
    That doesn't fill me with hope

• Like Like x 1
  34. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

yes but the thing is that, there is no route right now to run this loco. It doesnt run on koln aachen. Wondering if it run on Munchen-Augsburg. Pretty sure it will be for Hamburg-Lubeck, when it launch.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

DTG is working on few addons at a time, they can't be working on ALL of them simultaneously. Give it time. Eventually, it will move to production.

• Like Like x 1
  36. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

While you're right with SKA you mustn't be worried about the other routes. The 101 is the InterCity loco in germany and can be seen throughout the country. :)
    So it would be a perfect addition for nearly every other german route!

It can be seen at HMA (with even more services than the ICE), HRR (as well), RRO, MSB (at least between Lohr and Aschaffenburg) and even RT (between Leipzig and Bitterfeld, of course the IC trains depart from the up around station). Only on RSN it doesn't run regularly.
    On SKA.. well around Köln of course, for the whole route we have to use lots of imagination...

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

According to the roadmap it is being released for SKA, not any of the other routes. I’m not sure it will be able to substitute either, although later routes could have layers added for it. So far in TSW no layers have been added retrospectively to old routes when new loco DLC comes out. Until they change the designated route on the roadmap or announce anything we will have to assume it will be just for SKA initially.

• Like Like x 2