Cloud Saves Shared Between Ps4 And Ps5?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Maxrom, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Just curious, does anyone use both a PS4 and a PS5, and if so, are saves shareable both ways between both machines using cloud saves?

For example, if I were playing a game on the PS4, then played the same game on the PS5, does the cloud save feature work to move progress from PS4 to PS5? Then, if I were to create a save on the PS5, can I use this on the PS4 in a similar way? Just asking as I have two PS4's at the moment that I use TSW2 on, and I share saves back and forth between them using the cloud saves with PS Plus. If in the future I changed one of them to a PS5, I just wanted to know if I could continue like this with a PS4 and a PS5. TIA.

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yes, they are swappable as the game is a PS4 game. I regularly cloud save and download it on the other system.
    You do have to manually download/upload the saves though.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. BigH

BigH Active Member

PS5 makes a different between saves from PS5 and PS4 games. Each goes in it´s own cloud and
    because TSW 2 / 2020 being PS4 games, you can swap saves like Nick Y mentioned above.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Technically yes. Unlike Xbox Play Anywhere games, where you progressed is synchronised to the cloud and is downloaded so you always have the most up-to-date save data, you'll have to manually download the save data between the PS4 and PS5, either through PS Plus or by using a USB stick.

5. sylarzee

sylarzee New Member

What if you play the PS5 version of a game, can the save be shared with the PS4 version?

6. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

No, I'm afraid not. For Sony the PS4 version of TSW and the PS5 verstion are two different games. DTG is working on a solution to carry over progress between PS4 and PS5 version, but it won't come any time soon.