PlayStation Hma Layers For Consoles

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by yuv1231, Nov 25, 2020.

1. yuv1231

yuv1231 New Member

Hi there
    Is there any news about layers for hma

i saw that it under investigation in the road map, without the extra layers the route feels empty

thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Nothing has been announced unfortunately.

3. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Would be nice to reinstate it to see how it handles on a PS5, not encounter any problems leaving Munich Station so far.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They have said they haven't done any play testing specifically aimed at PS5

5. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I hope that this problem will be solved, because this route without the layers is not recommended.
    I bought HMA because the layers could be activated but DGT patched it as quickly as I've never seen in TSW, with most bugs they are months away from fixing if at all, but they did this quickly. The excuse was that the game would crash but I played it with all 427 services and it worked fine. Without the layers it's also unfortunate: low FPS rate, slowdowns, excessive popping, bad lighting... An absolute disaster. But at least with the layers it was fun, now not even that, so they could have left the door open to activate them.
    Until DGT fixes this route for console and add the layers my wallet is closed for new acquisitions because
    1- My thought is that they should fix things before they go out and get new things. And because of the great calendar of upcoming releases, it doesn't seem that this is the priority of DTG right now, but rather to go to cash, with its policy of "launch now, fix later". I don't agree with that.
    2- In my opinion, the quality of consoles is decreasing dramatically with respect to PCs since TSW2. I don't aspire to see it the same, but you have to adapt and optimize the console versions well for the performance to be at least acceptable. Let's remember that we pay the same price.
    I hope that the research you are doing on memory usage is going well.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 6
  6. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I remind you that this is a PS4 game, so before adapting it to the new generation, you should make it work well for the old generation.
    Neither I nor many users plan to move to the new generation in a short period of time, I don't think DTG wants to lose that large user base.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t recommend it at all (on consoles) because of how bad it runs and there not being much train traffic without the layers.

And that policy is what got me to not buy HMA, I knew there would be issues with it and what happened? No layers and a horrible framerate. DTG’s optimization is horrible and they’re “release now fix later” policy is unacceptable. I love TSW, but that damned policy is pissing me off.

Exactly. The way the game runs on console is just BAD. That goes back to the optimization, they can’t blame anyone but themselves, especially when you have games that use the Unreal Engine with large worlds, and crazy levels of detail that runs at almost a stable 30 FPS on consoles. TSW is still sitting at “poorly optimized, as long as it reaches 15 fps, release it” and that’s not fair to console players.

• Like Like x 5
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As this issue will require leaps and bounds to be made with the core systems and core system improvements are being made as quickly as a tortoise treading in treacle, I’m not hopeful for this getting resolved for many months yet. That’s relying on whether they can get the core streamlined enough for it to ever happen. I really want to buy this route so I desperately want it fixed. As it appears that it doesn’t even work well without the layers, that’s not an option for me yet.

It seems like DTG are in a constant battle with UE4 to get it to do the things they want and the later version they changed to, instead of just allowing better things, has made the battle harder to fight. The game looks nicer in TSW2 but performance is worse than TSW2020.

• Like Like x 5
  9. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Totally agree stujoy.
    Currently I prefer to play TSW 2020, I love the game and for that reason I bought all the routes and add-ons. Now with TSW 2 it's not the same love, for a console player like me. Yes, it looks better and the new physics are appreciated, but with so many performance and sound problems I don't feel so immersive.
    As I said before I think that console versions are not cared for and that's something that is pushing me away. It seems that in certain aspects we are going backwards like crabs.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 3
  10. ARuscoe

Don't forget that the orders of Adam and his team were to get the preserved collection out there, and then go back and fix them
    Now the bulk of the former is done they can start hitting the latter and judging by the number of fixes on the roadmap...

11. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

It doesn't help to look at the roadmap, but every so called fix has to be tested again. Then you'll see that some aren't really fixes but just a helpless approach, e.g. cutting the scenario in half (Powering America Part 1).

12. BigH

BigH Active Member

Exactly why i didn´t buy it. And i´m couriosly waiting what happens next with HMA and the upcoming routes.
    I have a feeling it´s not gonna be nice. I do hope i´m wrong though.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ARuscoe

Which they may have done because they couldn't get past the issue and will revisit later
    They don't say what the issue was and what the fix is, do they?

14. ZeenozPlays

There are definitely going to be limitations with the consoles going forward (previous gen). It’s obviously because they don’t have much power, but also because DTG hasn’t done enough to stabilize/optimize the route and the game itself.

I just hope Southeastern High Speed doesn’t have any limitations like HMA. And I hope HMA gets a better framerate and the layers on console (even if it’s only next gen), the route looks interesting and I would like to see what’s up with it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ARuscoe

Given there is zero freight on the highspeed (unless there are works in which case there wouldn't be Javelins), and very little freight on the North Kent line once you get past Hoo, and none at all on the CML I think the layers will be minimal

Only ones so far will be the 395, when the 465 comes out one for that and depending on when they set the route maybe an additional one for 700s and the minimal freight you do get

16. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

Delete the S4 problem is solved.

17. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not, as the problem is not the number of total services but the number of layers including those services. So the S4 can continue its existence. ;)
    It really wouldn't matter. The only effect is that there would be even less S-Bahn traffic but nothing else instead...

To solve it most likely deep core optimization works are necessary. Or a complete re-design of that whole layer issue which might have some positive side effects, like the loss of a route- binding for loco DLCs or even the possibility to substitute trains for services...

• Like Like x 1
  18. yuv1231

yuv1231 New Member

In the release article DTG said that the layers issue will be solved soon.
    So that make me sad
    Hope that if we will get them attention be posting about that they will fix it faster
    In the roadmap stream, sam said that they fix first the things that most of us tell them about

19. ARuscoe

They might look at it with more urgency, but if the issue is complex and takes longer to actually fix, shouting more or louder wouldn't change that. They also have an update schedule (as per their roadmap streams) so unless the route in question is on that update schedule you might not get it released soon after it's fixed (stops people downloading Gb of data repeatedly)

20. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Layers for consoles is something that continues to be worked on as I think many of you are already aware. We are trying to resolve it efficiently, but in the meantime this will require a bit of patience on your end. Understandably it's a bit disappointing. Once there is news to share though we will.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

Delete the 115 Services and the Problem is solved so please don't talk nonsence. I will boykott Dovetail even they fixed this little problem and the vaccum cleaner 146. You don't deserve my money.

Just delete the 115 Services of the S4.
    We want layers and satisfaction and not a S-Bahn Addon.

22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Please stop going on about the S4 services. They aren’t going anywhere. If you wish to boycott DTG over that, then toodles.

• Like Like x 4
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Delete the 115 posts you’ve made about the S4 services and the problem of nonsense being talked will certainly be partially solved. Now, have a little bit more respect for the people taking the time to respond to our concerns.

• Like Like x 3
  24. DeyKey

DeyKey Member

Well, I think the S4 services are very important for the route, because it adds more traffic between Pasing and Hackerbrücke and thats much more realistic. And why delete something, if you can add something by making the game better?

• Like Like x 2
  25. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

Ehm without the 115 Services we have got Regional Express and so even more traffic.

They have to delete it or I will Maske ot public that they hate us. And so lesser money for them and we have got that pandemic so I don't care.

26. ZeenozPlays

FR. We all want Layers, but damn. Let them do it how they’re gonna do it. Yes, they didn’t have to add the S4 in the first place, but they can’t just reverse all the time they spent on getting those services to work.

27. ZeenozPlays

Sure bud. As if you’re gonna hurt the company.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Ischollum
    Ich glaube, Du verrennst dich da in was.
    I think you're getting carried away.