Roadmap Update 24th November 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Nov 24, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

This was the case as the newer trains are not used on the older routes (take the 422 and 425 for example, although as I said before the 425 can be seen as a Twindexx replacement in MSB, it's not "accurate")

But now we have the 423 which can be used on other routes, and I'd expect the HAM-LUB BR182 and 112 to replace TSW2020's BR182 and 143 as substitution for example, and as TSW2's catalogue of locos continues to grow it's not right to leave older routes behind, I don't want them to add new services, but if suitable, we should at least get a substitution.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

So why in the world did they add the 422 if the 423 runs on that route. You need rro to get the extra services even though that train doesn't run on it in real life so if people want extra s bahn services on ska, they have to spend $30 just to get it. I believe dtg knew that the 422 didn't run on ska but added it so people could spend money to get the extra services. Seems like a dirty cash move to me

• Like Like x 3
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Because the 423 we got was the Munich S-Bahn one, while the one used there is the Rhein-Ruhr S-Bahn variant, still, I'd like the correct train in the wrong config. rather than the wrong train in the correct config.

• Like Like x 6
  4. tallboy7648

I hope that they will implement the correct train for the route and remove the 422 from the route

• Like Like x 2
  5. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt

• Like Like x 3
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Where is my tin foil hat! Are you going to offer some evidence?

• Like Like x 4
  7. tallboy7648

Evidence for what mate. The 422s don't run on ska, the 423s do. Federicodiliberto2001 confirmed that and Im certain dtg knew that

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

If they added the 423 to SKA, you would need to spend the $30usd on HMA instead of the $20usd on RRO for it to work on SKA. In monetary terms, you are getting a better deal (at the cost of realism)

• Like Like x 2
  9. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Smh

• Like Like x 1
  10. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

In addition, more people are likely to have previously purchased RRO due to it being an older route.

However, for those of us with both RRO and HMA, it would be nice if the 423 substituted...

• Like Like x 4
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Evidence that DTG are deliberately trying to get more money out of people in what you call a "dirty cash move"? You always come up with these glib phrases so the onus is on you to offer some evidence I would suggest!

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Mclitke
    Thank you for your post!
    Reading the Roadmap I had noticed that change too, which was a sad surprise for me, as I like this locomotive but I do not have HRR.
    So if this change happens I will not buy it
    But what your mentioned are really good news for me!

It will be really interesting to drive it on that route, fast but could also make a stop on some station in between.

I wonder is if we will have all the IC wagons for this locomotive....
    But surely it will be that way, as I does not have sense to have only the locomotive!
    Hope we have different type not only including 1st and 2nd class, but also restaurant and other different wagon.

• Like Like x 3
  13. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

Everyone that has TSW2 has SKA, but not everyone has HRR.
    Dovetail can make more money by selling you an extra route with broken preserved collection trains...

• Like Like x 1
  14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

To be fair, the 425 and 422 are awesome, and HRR is a great route and has become very quickly my go to german route

• Like Like x 3
  15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG need to make the 423 new from inside passenger room for S-Bahn Köln

• Like Like x 1
  16. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Weird argument. You could also say DTG will make less money because fewer people either have the route already or are willing to buy an extra route just for a new loco. Also in a year their will be a different TSW2 starter set that will probably not include SKA, meaning that new players at that time would need to buy SKA for a Loco dlc on that route as well.

And apart from that I found the HRR trains to be almost perfect in terms of preservation. There are some rail noises missing in cockpit view, but apart from that I did not find any issues.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Although HRR may be a great route, I do have plenty of modern German passenger routes in my collection without HRR. With TSW I'm running into the same problem as I did with Train Simulator; Because DTG focuses primarely on the same 3 countries, the routes they create start to look alike very quickly. At least the British routes have some variation in time period, but even then I wonder if I really need more British routes in my collection.

So the reason I'm not interested in HRR is not because it's a bad route, but just because it adds little new to my current collection of routes. That makes it an extra dissapointment that such a route is required to use a loco add-on that I actually am interested in and would gladly add to my collection.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I understand, but I think DTG made a decent job at making the routes feel different.

RSN slow speed, old rolling stock, focussed on freight. RRO and HRR are pretty similar, and TBH I prefer HRR, but RRO has a much nicer landscape and the S-Bahn section is IMO cooler than the HRR's S-Bahn, but the faster services are much better on HRR, mostly because if the better track work and the BR425 is awesome to drive.

MSB is medium speed mountain line and has a very good and unique feel to it but a bit boring for freight now that the banking services are broken.

SKA and HMA seem similar, but I don't own HMA so I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Happy to see you can enjoy the minor differences between the German routes. To me they all pretty much feel the same, featuring modern passenger trains and some modern freight trains. The BR143 and BR155 have a slightly less modern feel about them, but I would not classify them as "old". The worst things are those modern DB EMUs, which really look extremely alike IMO.

Either way, the problem with dependencies only grows as more routes come available. Right now it's (I think) only 2 German routes I don't own, but pretty sure that within a year, there'll several more German routes I'm not interested in because I have enough of them. That means that I probably can't use a number of loco add-ons simply because they're tied to a route that I don't have (and don't want to have).

• Like Like x 2
  20. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think at the end it's subjective... for example I am not interested in older british routes as they are not really my thing, the 155 and 143 are definitely not as old as the Class 37, but you can tell they are from a different era comparing them to the 146 and 185. Anyway I agree we need more variety and I hope there is at least some french traditional rail ""in planning"" for when DTG's staff will be able to travel to France, or more british modern stuff

21. tallboy7648

The 423 has the S bahn munich livery so it they would have to repaint the 423 to match the DB S-Bahn Rhein Rhur livery and I would assume they would have to remodel some interior aspects for it to match the DB S-Bahn Rhein Rhur network of 423s so it wouldn't make sense to buy hma to get the 423 to use for ska when the 423 that runs on the Deutsche Bahn Rhein Rhur S-Bahn network and on ska are technically "different trains". DTG could just add the Deutsche Banh Rhein Rhur S-Bahn variant of the 423 in ska and take out the 422.

22. tallboy7648

The passenger lights on the 422 seem darker on hrr and rro and sometimes when i would use the 422 on ska, screen one would be completely white instead of black so the 422 does have issues for sure but that's the effect of dtg's "release it now, fix it later" policy

• Like Like x 1
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Have this roadmap article and the latest update release notes not been updated to reflect what fixes actually came with the update? It’s been a couple of days now and I’m fairly certain the roadmap and update notes are still both incorrect.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve not seen any update mentioned since the stream were they said it would be coming the following day.

• Like Like x 1
  25. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Am I spamming, man, really? Come on! Absolutely not. This question is being asked so many times just for one reason - because nobody from DTG community managers haven't answered for it yet. Why do you attack me? This question is absolutely legal and relevant to the topic. If I get any official answer from DTG team I will shut my mouth up immediately )))

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  26. tallboy7648

Well the 101 doesn't run on ska in real life but in hrr it does. Maybe the best solution if some people may not own a particular dlc but want to use a train is to make a locomotive dlc a standalone dlc espicially if for example the 101 runs on hma in real life and may add a layer to that route as it would do in real life because in Train Simulator 2021, locomotive dlc trains are standalone dlcs and you didn't need a particular route to use the train. Hell you could use a dlc locomotive that you bought in ts2021 on any route you had even if it's unrealistic so I don't understand why dtg has a system in place where you need to own a route to use a train when they haven't done that in ts2021 which is over a decade old.

Another solution I propose is to allow the player to make their own 24 hour custom timetable with the ability to add whatever trains and the amount of services they want to have on their timetable even if some of the trains that a player may add doesn't run on said route in real life. This is sorta like scenario designer but the problem with it is that you can't do a return journey on it. It's more of a quick drive ported from ts2021 to tsw2 and you can't do a return journey from where you started. So if I made a service in scenario designer from Hempstead to Penn Station and I finish that service, I wouldn't be able to do the return journey to Hempstead and not even be able to do back and forth services. This would be good for people who may want to make their own timetable using the 101 on ska for example with the ability to do back and forth services from Koln HBF to Aachen HBF. It wouldn't be realistic but it would add some fun for some people in the game who may want to use these trains just for fun

• Like Like x 2
  27. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

First off, I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying that a question like yours, is gonna get ignored no matter what. Like I said before, it's the Dev's choice on how they make the route (and the length of it), depending on the time it will take to make it (and distance covers that time problem).
    This wouldn't have happened in the first place if you have listened to other people that are helping you from the beginning.

• Like Like x 2
  28. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be done yesterday however clearly nothing has been done.

Also communication from the developers as a whole on the forums has gone downhill as of recently it seems. Apart from scheduled posts, I’ve not seen many replies to queries.

• Like Like x 4
  29. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Four words: Livery Designer.

• Like Like x 1
  30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Even if they don't, I'd still prefer the Munich 423 rather than the RR 422.

• Like Like x 1
  31. tallboy7648

I think some interior aspects of the train may have to be changed as well and they would also have to add the db s bahn rhein rhur destination displays as well

• Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

I like both tbh. Although it can be hard at times to tell the difference from the 423 to the 425

33. tallboy7648

That's strange. Maybe they are doing something extremely important

34. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Sam said in the stream today that he's waiting on one more piece of information (I believe) and that he would try to post the micro roadmap update tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

30F5D79B-2B5C-4E11-9183-8870681041C2.jpeg The 423 is no S-Bahn Rhein-Ruhr Train.
    It’s called S-Bahn Köln

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. tallboy7648

Ohh i see but why is it like that if the s bahn line S19 in the game is part of the Deutsche Bahn S-Bahn Rhein Rhur Network? S12 is also part of the S-Bahn Rhein Rhur Network.

37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s to do with the order the routes came out. The S19 service needed a train to use from a route that had already been released. They couldn’t put the layer in using a train that hadn’t been made or released yet. The layer for the S19 was put in when they made the route prior to TSW2 coming out. We only got it when the preserved collection enabled it. It was in the dev build in the pre-release stream of the route. The 423 hadn’t been built for the game at that point, so would have been impossible to use.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

They could....but one does not exist yet so they had to go with what they had, so they went with a 422. It's either leave the S-Bahn service layer out of SKA until they made a 423 variant to suit (which may take a while)...or put one of their existing units in to activate the layer. Personally I think they made the right choice

• Like Like x 2
  39. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

No it’s past and Copy from Rhein-Ruhr Osten because they don’t Care if it’s the Right train or not
    Only S1-S9 and S28 and S68 are S Rhein-Ruhr.

S-Bahn Köln are S11, S12, S13 and S19 with the 423

• Like Like x 4
  40. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Everyone is here arguing about German trains and the only thing I know about them is that some of them are red ;)

• Like Like x 7
  41. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Actually, some of them aren't red. Those are usually the exception though :P

• Like Like x 3
  42. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have that clear, and it is Dovetail business of course..
    In my case I will not will buy a route, just to have a locomotive, even if I liked it.
    But if I have the route, I will add a locomotive or train instead. As I did with BR 182. But it must be a model I liked it of course.
    Route selection is the main priority for me. HRR despite it is a nice one, it is too short.

• Like Like x 1
  43. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Ok, thank you for your reply) No problem, I can accept it but I would prefer to hear it from official DTG persons to avoid any speculations and false expectations. Anyway, it is rather weird to hear such explanations that DTG doesn't have much time to do their job well. Clinchfield railroad is ported from TS. It means that they have some initial data. As I told before they have already released (and they are working at new routes now) from TS and theese routes have original length. They decided somehow to cut only Clinchfield and I don't understand why. Ok, they can ignore us I don't mind. It only means that I will never buy this "cut edition" route for full price. Never.

44. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

It's not just Clinchfield that was cut. Ruhr-Sieg Nord is half of its TS version (was Hagen to Siegen, now Hagen to Finnentrop), and GWE was cut down from Paddington - Oxford to Paddington - Reading). From looking at google maps Cutting it down from St. Paul's to Dante only loses 5 miles of the route. Much more was lost in the cuts to the Ruhr-Sieg and GWE between TS and TSW

• Like Like x 1
  45. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

The thing is, and it was made clear by especially Sam within the first couple of weeks after launch of Tsw2, that they don't talk about future releases until it is close to release. This is why you won't get an answer until probably the first pre release lifestreams or devblog posts. And about the speculation and expectation thing, don't speculate too much and lower your expectations. This usually helps not getting disappointed (too much).
    On a side note, the route is not getting ported, it is being completely rebuilt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. tallboy7648

Oh i see but on Wikipedia it says S12 and S19 are part of the Deutsche Bahn S-Bahn Rhein Rhur network so I guess Wikipedia got that wrong. Hopefully dtg will add the correct train to the route now that they made the 423 although it will probably need some changes to match the one on the Deutsche Bahn S-Bahn Koln network. They should care about putting the right train on a route as well for realism purposes

47. tallboy7648

I sorta regret buying hrr. It's a nice route but it's just way too short for the speeds. I wouldn't recommend it for people who may be interested in it

• Like Like x 1
  48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

tallboy is right, this route is a bit short for a lot of the faster services. I wouldn’t let that put anybody off from getting it though, because it’s a lot of fun to drive, with a good variety of services if you have the trains for all the layers. I always feel like I want to drive more when reaching the end, so almost always do a return service to get that extra drive time. Because of all the different paths the trains take, it does almost feel like a different part of the route on the way back, but one way does feel like you’ve been cut off early. The trains that come with it are brilliant fun.

• Like Like x 6
  49. tallboy7648

I always do the returm journey on s1 and i don't use the regional express services at all. Its nice to drive but the route could definitely use an extension

• Like Like x 4
  50. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

The complete route of the S1 would be nice. Then you could drive regional trains from Dortmund to Düsseldorf and S-Bahn from Dortmund to Solingen.

• Like Like x 1