PC Tsw Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Typhomat, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Things around here have seemed to die down dramatically with interaction from DTG, things busy behind the scenes? Or is TSW starting to die out?

Not trying to invoke negativity, but the lack of much of anything recently is a little concerning to me. We haven't seen a real update for post RT content beyond the small update for DTG's Weekend Spotlight on Steam.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I think they are working hard on the next DLC, to give us the next buggy content without fixing the one we have.

I am still waiting for an update that fixes the worst bugs in the GP40 and RT DLC, but it do not matter anyway because i lost allready interest in TSW. They can keep the next buggy DLC.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

4. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I'm expecting an American passenger route; probably Amtrak based. No idea where, mind you.

I'll never understand why they didn't do the initial release for TSW under Early Access; it would've given them the time and community support to work out the bugs. Instead the community is becoming increasingly grumpy and cynical while the developers are non-communicative. Well; unless you call Jay out by name: http://steamcommunity.com/app/530070/discussions/0/1699416432430604751/

• Like Like x 2
  5. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Very busy here at the moment, you'll see why within the next couple of weeks ;)

Working on a number of fixes at the moment which will likely roll out with our next release, possibly sooner. But there is some cool stuff in the pipeline, I just can't talk about it too much yet, much as I would love to!

- Jay

• Like Like x 4
  6. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe we could ask questions? You reply with one winking emoticon for no and two for yes.

It's super secret and foolproof; no-one else in DTG will catch on.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Hmmmm, this sounds basically foolproof...

- Jay

• Like Like x 4
  8. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

There is also the method of “We say something, you tell us if we are wrong, if not, you say nothing!” Because you aren’t technically confirming anything that is happening, just disconfirming things that don’t happen.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Route or train dlc for gwe or rt? ;)

10. Typhomat

Thanks for the response, I was hoping that the silence would be for a good reason, looking forward to the future!

11. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Yes, and I'm Baron Inchiquin.

12. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jay for info!
    I know, that you can't be precise at release time, but is yours ambition to release this before First TWS release anniversary ???

• Like Like x 2
  13. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

14. Daniel Bloch

27 days ago, that was the GWE AWS fix patch, or what do you mean?

15. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

She called into an American radio show recently (The Free American with Clay Douglas) and she dubbed him "Grand Douche of Cantenbury".

youtu.be/BRf_rP5__Kw
    4:45 of this video.

16. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

DTG uploaded a file to the database that is most likely the upcoming DLC Jay mentioned above. The last upload was yesterday and more will be uploaded soon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Are you able to see the size of the upload?

18. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like it; it's being kept encrypted for obvious reasons.

19. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Right, I did notice some encrypted manifests on SteamDB.

20. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Cool things in the pipeline for both ;)

- Jay

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Typhomat

So should we anticipate multiple big releases very close together or will they be spread out similar to the past?

• Like Like x 1
  22. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Likely to be spread out but with smaller intervals than we've had so far as we've got a bit more experience with developing for the engine now. We will have an extremely hectic couple of months soon though, looking forward to lifting the veil on everything we've got going on at the moment :)

- Jay

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. NorthRail1

Great to hear that there will be more news and a few releases soon.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  24. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I can only try ..

will there be another country coming soon then Germany, USA or UK ? :)

25. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

May I ask if you guys considered adding a Free Dlc to RT? I personally think one Train and one Map isnt really worth the 30 Euro... especially if you think about how much more content we got in GWE.

• Like Like x 4
  26. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

We've got a couple of things on the way to TSW that might fall into the "free" category...

- Jay

• Like Like x 4
  27. Typhomat

So when can we expect these new additions to be rolling into the station? (I know the answer is soon but couldn't resist asking, we must try haha)

I assume that given a usual 2 or so week lead time prior to release at the least? So hopefully something in March?

• Like Like x 1
  28. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

#AnnounceThe387

• Like Like x 1
  29. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Announce anything that gives you more services to run on the GWE.. So that there is more life on the track :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I agree, GWE needs some more life injected into it. Also, a fix to the signalling system would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Daniel Bloch

I hope the DLC will add traffic to GWE and not replace traffic like with the GP40 add-on.

• Like Like x 2
  32. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Is there a vague possibility that we might be able to generate user content in the next couple of months?

33. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

Proper excited to finally see some love for TSW

• Like Like x 2
  34. Typhomat

Went through the realms of the internet (@AmtrakMatt and the DTG Twitter) and saw all the Amtrak locos/cars that DTG looked at last summer. Seems to be a Dash 8, a P42, an ACS 46, an Acela, and some Amfleets. Given it was done in DC, potentially Superliners too? No pics though...

Given they seemed to be sound recordings, and all that content was developed for TS20xx, it's pretty safe to say that some Amtrak content is coming.... or some really revamped updates to all the old Amtrak TS content, but my bet is this is TSW material. So I guess the next question is what part of the NEC is it gonna be? (I kid, who knows what might be next) Given that it seems development with the engine has improved, I'd hope we be getting a longer length route?

My bet still stands on the some portion, if not all of NYC-PHL, although if the recordings were done at PHL, it would have really sold that bet for me. My second guess is WAS-BAL, that's 40 miles, in line with the previous TSW releases, and offers similar opportunities, albeit without NJT, but MARC possibilities.

Sooo.... DTG..... am I hot or cold?

• Like Like x 2
  35. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I reckon your fairly spot on there.

• Like Like x 1
  36. NorthRail1

Would be good to see the NEC in Train Sim World though it would be a lot of locos for them to put in just one dlc. I guess we'll find out soon when they reveal what's in development.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Lawjester

I’m guessing Hudson line for this because Amtrak plays a prominent role in the Hudson line.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Typhomat

The only issue I see, as much as MTA and LIRR content is desired by some, is that trains like the ACS-64 and Acela don't run on those lines. I would think if DTG would make an Amtrak related route, it would be one that can make use of multiple locos/trainsets for expandable DLC options. Similar to what GWE does, it opens the door for various trains and such.

My assumption is we will see something like a release of a longer length route with the ACS-64, with the Acela released as a seperate DLC. Could be wrong there too though, DTG could have been stocking up on sound for some of these locos. I don't think we will see a smaller or lesser known route be part of the first Amtrak related DLC.

39. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

Gee I hope it's not a or the section of the Northeast Corridor south of Philadelphia. At least to me, that's the most boring section of the entire Northeast Corridor, I know, I've ridden it. Plus, MARC doesn't look like a partnership-friendly railroad (same for SEPTA, and that's been confirmed) and I don't expect everything to be an Amtrak train on any future iteration of the Northeast Corridor. So that's why I say it needs to be some section of the Northeast Corridor between Philadelphia and Boston for Train Sim World, that way, we get an exciting section with Amtrak trains and trains from a commuter railroad like New Jersey Transit, Metro-North, Shore Line East or MBTA. If Dovetail Games is going to stick with 50 miles or less for urban routes in Train Sim World (which I hope stops), then the Boston to Providence section of the Northeast Corridor would be excellent to fit the bill on that since that's 44 miles.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Lawjester

My personal choice is for DTG to make The Port Jefferson Branch on the LIRR. The LIRR has not been done yet for any of DTG’s products and it’s just been waiting to be done. The Port Jefferson Branch uses diesel and electric trains and it’s only 60 miles which is not so far over the “out of bounds” distance that DTG has been sticking to. The LIRR is a must we need it soon. In terms of licensing, I believe it’s not a problem because DTG obtained a license for Metro North which is run by the MTA which also runs the LIRR. So if DTG has an MTA license, the LIRR will hopefully not be an issue and it’s the only commuter rail that runs out of Penn station that has not been done yet.

• Like Like x 1
  41. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

As much as I would love to see the full section between Philly and NCY, I think that's too long for the moment. GWE is around 35 miles long and RT is around 50 miles. Therefore I think they will choose to work the NYC to Trenton section, with the ACS64 and possibly a CSX engine, since they already have some developed. Maybe in the future the Acela will come as dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Typhomat

I expect the same. I wasn't sure if the Acela stopped at Trenton, when I rode it we just passed through. Amtrak does list it as a station it stops at though. I believe usually it's PHL to Newark Penn and vice versa for most operations though. The Northeast Regional trains do though if I am correct. I'd have to see the next time I'm at a station.

Now if it is Trenton to NYC, will that get updated when they complete the upgrades between Trenton and New Brunswick to constant tension catenaries for higher speed ops? Be exciting to see NJT content too, I'd love to explore a Multilevel in TSW...

43. Lawjester

I feel that most of the NEC is pretty plain and boring for most of the route. From NYC-PHL/WAS is probably the most boring because it really does not have much variety or scenery. I think DTG could really do a great route with the LIRR which I know has no Amtrak but it still would be awesome or the Hudson line which uses Metro North and Amtrak and comes with two different NYC terminals. I don’t love the whole do the routes again for TSW when it was originally from TS because I find it a waste of time when DTG could be making a whole new route for us.

• Like Like x 2
  44. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

The problem with hudson Line is that you need to model both penn station and grand central, and all park avenue And I feel it’s too much since they just started with unreal engine.
    In contrast, you don’t get to see too much from nyc to philly because After the hudson tunnel much of the route is suburban houses and therefore much easier to develop.

And I don’t think the Acela stops at Trenton so I hope we could see the full section o Piladelphia.

45. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Yes.

- Jay

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  46. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Look at TS facebook page. And look what trains they show that are on sale.. could be a hint for TSW to..

47. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Amtrak acela, Class 180 and ICE TD.

Amtrak for the new route?
    Class 180 for gwe
    And i don't now if a ICE is usefull on RT?

48. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

You forgot the Chinese high speed train; next route confirmed? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  49. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Could be...

50. Typhomat

So can you say Jay if we are talking about weeks before we start seeing hints?