Bnsf Stuff (routes, Locos And Trains) Outside The Us

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canis_Lupus, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Canis_Lupus

Canis_Lupus Member

It would be nice if i can buy this stuff like Stevens Pass and so on also from outside the US.

I know that BNSF does not want that you sell this content with the BNSF Logos outside the USA.
    So i think it would be a good idea if you remove the BNSF Logos, so you can sell the Routes, locomotives and so on outside the USA (like with the Racetrack Route) without violating any copyrights.

It would be very nice if you can do it, because there are a lot of Workshop routes, which require Stevens Pass, Marias Pass, the GP9 Pack and the Dash 9 DLC and so on.

But you can't buy this nice stuff outside the USA. So you also can't use this nice Workshop Routes. And that is sad.

I think it would be good for all of us, you have more happy customers, because they also can buy this stuff, you can earn more money because you can also sell these DLC in Europe, Asia and so on.

We as customers are happy, that we also can drive with an DASH 9 or on the Stevens Pass.

BNSF cant do anything, because you don't sell stuff with their logos outside the USA...

And US customers can get a simple Texture Update dlc, so that they can get their BNSF Logos back.

For me as an Europe customer and an Railroading fan it is important that i have this Routes and this Locomotives and so on, but it is indifferent to me if there is an BNSF Logo on the Locomotive or no Logo (like on the Racetrack Aurora-Chicago Route DLC).

So please, make these DLC also buyable outside the USA.

Thanks and regards from an loyal customer :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have been through this with DTG and there seems to no interest in doing this, which is really sad as being in Canada I face the same issues. As I have figured out that only 5-6.5% of workshop content is playable with this restriction in place.

What I am hoping is that they are still trying to convince BNSF to remove the restrictions, but at this point not holding my breathe.

3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

As much as this makes sense, it has been brought up before, and DTG has never decided to actually do anything about it. Foolish if you ask me, but they would rather make new DLC than re-invest in old DLC. It's nothing new, DTG would never touch an old DLC even with a year-long pole. And some 3rd party devs have outright said they can't be bothered-though that really only matters in the case of Steven's Pass.

4. Canis_Lupus

Canis_Lupus Member

And that is the problem. There are so much and so nice routes but they can only be used if you are an US citizen.

And that makes a lot of the workshop senseless.

But i can not understand, why other shops can sell locomotives with the bnsf logos included.

And in one shop, they sell the locomotive and the logos are are for free.

As i remember they Re invested in the north east cirricor route some years ago.

So i hope they will do the same with the bnsf stuff.

5. agsieg

agsieg New Member

I have to ask what math led to this conclusion, as it seems a bit low in my opinion. Of the 30 most popular workshop scenarios this week, 1 requires content unavailable outside the US. Adding in another 30 adds no additional scenarios that required US-Only content. Adding in 30 more yields two more scenarios. If we estimate this to be standard across all 621 pages of the steam workshop (at 30 scenarios per page, one scenario per page requiring content only available in the US), then we can assume that 1/30th of scenarios on the workshop require DLC not available to those outside the US. One thirtieth is about 0.0333. Which means that 3.33% of content is unplayable to those outside the US. There is 96.67% of the Workshop available to you (provided, of course, you own all required DLC's and reskins). Of the 18,614 current entries on Workshop (which I realize includes routes, but let's ignore that for the point of this post), 17994 are available to play to those outside the US. And restricting BNSF content doesn't inherently mean you can't play any US workshop scenarios. BNSF is one of the seven major Class 1s, six of which are currently represented in Train Simulator. Scenarios requiring Union Pacific, CSX, Norfolk Southern, Canadian Pacific, and Canadian National DLCs are fully available to the entire TS audience. (These include Donner Pass, Feather River Canyon, and quite a few more.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I do not own any BNSF routes or content so I am unable to download any workshop content that has those requirements. To give 2 examples searching Canadian Pacific I am only able to get 16 out of what is there. Another is Canadian National only 1 is available to me as the rest all require BNSF routes or content. But of what I could find and download so far is only 221. Some of which our yours and have enjoyed running. If you have any advice that would help please pass it on. But at the moment I am currently unable to play right now as my game has crashed and waiting for DTG to get back on how to fix the issue.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Canis_Lupus

Canis_Lupus Member

But the best Workshoproutes needs BNSF Stuff.

8. Canis_Lupus

Canis_Lupus Member

Some other Workshoproutes need the Simulator: GP9 Loco Add-On pack, it contains about 14 GP9 but you can't buy it outside the US because there are about 3 BNSF locos in it...

So the problem is not only that there are Missing routes with buildings and so on. You also often need loco Packages but you also cant buy them.

It would be great if DovetailGames modifies the packages, removes the BNSF Logos so they could bought around the World...

And for US Customers they add a free LOGO PACK DLC. And we all will be happy.

Thanks DTG :)