Has Dovetail Actually Ever Taken A Suggested Route On The Forums And Put On In The Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thechickencow1, Dec 2, 2020.

1. thechickencow1

thechickencow1 Active Member

I was looking through the forums and was wondering if any of the suggested routes were on the roadmap and couldn’t find any.
    Obviously there was suggestions for locos for the upcoming routes but I could not find any route suggestions for routes on the roadmap

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not to my knowledge

3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Basically yes, technically... maybe? Bakerloo line has been mentioned many times along with LU before TSW2. Depends whether that was a pick based on a suggestion or just a popular thing to pick. If they make WCML/ECML, will you consider it a suggestion-based DLC or popular one, because those are the most important lines in the UK?

• Like Like x 1
  4. thechickencow1

I think the bakerloo line was just a very popular choice

5. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I think they probably note what's popular but for the most part, the routes have been planned long in advance and suggestions don't really have much impact in the short term

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Something I think worth bring up that's somewhat relate is that Dovetail did a survey which has a number or route that people could vote on. Out of the bunch the only one that's been done in its entirety so far for TSW's Köln - Aachen, however Kansas City - Topeka was also a option and was made for TS Classic after the poll, so that may have influenced that as well. There's been other routes which could be inspired from those suggestions as well. For example London Underground: Central Line & LGV Nord: Paris - Calais were suggestions, so that survey maybe part of the reason why Bakerloo & LGV Méditerranée were/are being made.

Here's a link to a thread about it if you're interested.

7. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Long Island Rail Road was much talked about and supported topic here before it was made for TSW. I believe they said the discussion here was at least part of the reason why the LIRR route was developed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. thechickencow1

I do see that with most of the suggested routes licensing becomes a issue

• Like Like x 1
  9. ingenzone

ingenzone Member

I think it's a mixture of everything. It seems like DTG picks their European routes based on their personal interest. (Although a good majority of suggestions are European) But it also comes down to accessibility. DTG obviously will do routes a couple of miles from their office rather than go across the Atlantic.

I never saw any suggestions for Cane Creek or Clinchfield RR, and more people wanted Metra instead of CalTrain. (But that was probably a licensing issue.) I really hope DTG is taking note of these suggested routes, especially the North American ones, to have on hand when the pandemic is over and they have access again. It's a shame DTG doesn't address highly requested routes on streams or anything that often, if at all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

In one of the TSW2 Q&A streams, they talked about this a little bit. Here is how I understand it. Matt said they do look at suggestions on the forums. They don't just look at the suggestion as a whole, but as individual parts. Like what time period is suggested, what locos are being suggested, what railroad, what is the geography, etc. So take the Clinchfield RR add-on for example. If it was suggested, I wouldn't know, but I haven't seen it here on the forums. They got the idea for the route by noticing there was a strong desire for older US class one railroad routes, like the time period the Clinchfield add-on is set in.
    So while they may not look at a suggestion and say "let's make that", they get a feel for what the community is interested in, and that guides the decisions they make for what DLCs are made.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Of course the Clinchfield TS version was very well done and well received here in the US which probably influenced the decision to make it for TSW2, along with the fact that research has already been done. Plus the F7 A/B have been popular locomotives in several TS routes over the years. Highly anticipated over here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think the Hudson Line from TS20XX was suggested before being put into TS, but it was only suggested 3 months before the announcement, so it may of already been in production before being suggested.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Could the Hudson line come to TSW 2?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ingenzone

ingenzone Member

I would buy that if they added switchers, Amtrak services, etc. Basically a replacement for NEC? But some outside of the US might just see it as another LIRR route.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I remember people couldn't stop bugging DTG for a LIRR route on the Train Simulator forums. There also were quite a few requests for a London Underground route. So, I guess those two routes can be counted as requested by community, made by DTG.

A while back I also poked Rivet that I'd love to see one of their Swiss, which they had made for Train Simulator, recreated for Train Sim World. And I guess we all know what Rivet has in production right now. I doubt I was the only one who had posted such a request :P

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I suggested ECW a while ago before it came out. Although, in my suggestion, I suggested going up to Hayward’s Heath from both Brighton and Lewes to create the triangle.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

It’s been mentioned, but it definitely wasn’t the most requested underground route. I don’t think they actually took that suggestion off of the forums as they said they reviewed all lines, went with the Piccadilly, and changed to BKL because it was easier.

• Like Like x 1
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you go back far enough there are quite a few suggestions that later became routes in TSW. They usually take a long time from first suggestion to appearing in the game and they aren’t always exactly what was requested, the suggestions usually being too long. Some of them might be coincidences as well. I might have a dig through old requests and see if I can name a few specifics as I can’t remember exactly which ones I’ve seen here.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I remember finding a thread that came out about a year and a half ago in the suggestions talking about what would become Haupstrcke Rhein Rhur but the one that was suggested was a more longer route than the one that dtg decided to make. I've seen many suggestions for the London Underground Circle line. A lot of people did want a London Underground route but the Bakerloo line was not the most requested. They were actually gonna make the Piccadilly Line but went with the Bakerloo Line because it was much easier to make most likely because it was much shorter than the Piccadilly Line since the Piccadilly line is 45.96 miles with 53 stations compared to the Bakerloo line being 14.1 miles with 24 stations. They didn't want their first underground line to be a flop which is understandable according to Geoff Marshall's interview with Matt

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

I have the Hudson Line in ts2021. If it came to tsw2, I would definitely buy it

• Like Like x 1
  21. ZeenozPlays

THE CIRCLE LINE!

• Like Like x 1
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

What became RRO was suggested, although the suggestion was for the whole line.
    All suggestions for the London Underground were taken as one. DTG made the underground line that was most suited to be the first LU line for TSW. I thought that issue had been put to bed a long time ago.

• Like Like x 2
  23. tallboy7648

It's intresting when you make a route suggestion for a full line route, dtg will only make a short part of a route. The full line length of S8 From Hagen HBF To Monchenladbach HBF is 60 miles yet we only got 16 miles of the route making it the third shortest route in tsw2. What dtg should work on is making the full line of a route instead of part of a line so people won't ask for route extensions

24. ZeenozPlays

Can I not say the circle line without someone interrupting my enjoyment of an Underground line that looks like a bottle on the map?

• Like Like x 1
  25. tallboy7648

Then may as well rename the circle line to the "Bottle Line"

• Like Like x 1
  26. ZeenozPlays

“This is a Bottle Line train to Edgware Road via Aldgate and Mansion House”

• Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

That would sound funny if that was actually played.

• Like Like x 1