PC Hh; Beeing Late, And Driving On Red

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lava2000, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Lava2000

Lava2000 New Member

Playing HH; I was going to do the service Q876 A B and C which is taking a emty coal train to Shaw mine (A) loading (B) and return to Cumberland, I wanted to try to do this with only 2 loc. (normally there is 4) and the swithching to a little time so I was late out and late for when I arrived at Yoder ready to change direction and go the Shaw mine. I got red light trying to pass red light I got the message (pressing tab to get permission) " Rejected No Service"
    How is AI thinking here? I was late yes but how late acceptable?, Here there is room for update that would increase realism. A button that would "call disptacher" and start (reset) the next mission or somthing like that.

2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

If you change the consist, the signal wont turn green. I tried it several times with replacing the last two locos with the AC4400 from Cumberland.
    No possibility to get the signal green or the switch turning into shaw mines.

3. Lava2000

Lava2000 New Member

Nice you tried the same as I, there is a kind of bug or weak AI (artificial intelligence) what should be important is that you can load and deliver coal not wich locos you do it with

4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well, it is part of the system. If you have an invalid formation, the dispatcher will not reserve your path because, as far as it knows, your train is completely wrong. Being late didn't cause your issue, it was changing the locomotives. (The reason it still let you get up to the junction is that the path got reserved as soon as you loaded in-messing with the consist does not un reserve the current path, it just prevents future paths from being reserved.)

Perhaps it would be nice to have a dispatcher that was OK with different locomotives, and only checked to make sure the train cars were correct. That would be more realistic, but it would be more complicated, and most of the time it is safe to assume that people won't be changing the consist. I do wish a service going to the coal loaders had AC4400CWs, but for now there is just the scenario.