Game Starts To Be Boring. (vote Please,poll Inside!)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Patrick Kolinski, Nov 29, 2020.

?
  1. Definitely YES

58.9%
  2. What you talking about? NO (We will buying everything they release.)

41.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Well, I think it's the fact that they are using the unreal engine. They may not be fully experienced with the engine yet. They are mostly used to working on the TSXX engine. They're just now starting to have the system auto develop parts of the map. They are definitely learning (slowly), and it shows with new routes being more and more complicated. Like HMA.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The roadmap is very limited and dtg could be more open about the content on the roadmap and it does seem to me more of a bug checklist

• Like Like x 3
  3. tallboy7648

That could probably be the reason why but it shouldn't have taken this long in my opinion. You would think they got clever tech people over there but for a small company like them, it's completely understandable

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, they do have a small team. I kinda wish they had more beta testers though.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. JeffFromTheIRS

JeffFromTheIRS Member

I am officially tripping lmao I should probably start going to sleep earlier!

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

How can you even make a poll in someone else's thread?

7. ZeenozPlays

IDK, I don't even see an option for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Time to bust out Mulder and Scully from where ever they been hiding, this just got X-FILES level of mystery........

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

Lol

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The title, the poll, and the opening post will have been made by the same person. None of them really match each other and that’s probably why the thread has got out of hand a couple of times. I’ve had trouble picking out any decent points in amongst all the other stuff and have given up trying. Nobody is really sure what they are arguing about here.

• Like Like x 4
  11. tallboy7648

I agree that the poll is mismatched and couldve been worded better

• Like Like x 2
  12. ZeenozPlays

I also agree with that statement.

• Like Like x 2
  13. hightower

hightower Guest

I don’t know mate. As someone else points out, in 4 years you could train to be a Doctor, do an undergraduate degree with a masters, do a PHD, complete most of the training to be a fast jet pilot, train to be an airline pilot from a standing start to being in the cockpit (and have a year and a half to spare), have and lose a musical career and so on. Hell, they’ve managed to put together a vaccine for a hitherto unknown disease in less than 12 months.

You can bet your bottom dollar DTG were using UE4 long before CSX:HH was released, so we’re talking 5, maybe even 6, years. The point for cutting them slack in this regard has long gone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  14. ZeenozPlays

You might be right. I don’t want it to seem like all we’re doing is going against DTG though.

• Like Like x 3
  15. hightower

hightower Guest

Praise where praise is due, but this thread isn’t about that. It’s hopefully a frank assessment of where TSW2 is and where we, the customers, wish it to go. I feel DTG are a company that occasionally need a very firm kick in the behind, and the forum over the last few days is clearly administering one.

I’ve said elsewhere that we mustn’t lose sight of the fact that TSW2 is a good game, but the absolute glacial progress DTG are making with bettering it needs regularly calling out.

• Like Like x 7
  16. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

DTG need to "slow down" with the routes release and improve the core game?

Definitely yes - but do they have enough capacity when you see the history of TS 2021 ? I am really not sure.

Communication is absolutely better but we have the same problems since many years (game stability, signals bugs, scenarios bugs, details of train stations etc.)

But we hve to keep in mind that priority of DTG is to make money so they have to make new DLCs as much as they can. Nevermind if the quality is just ok and not very good.

Look at the DLC Frankfurt Kolbenz in TS 2021 where the delivered quality is just acceptable (stability, signal bugs etc.)
    or look at the DLC Munchen Augsburg where the game stability in the "big" stations is very poor or when stuttering appears during your travel between these two big stations.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

The good thing on this thread is that like you all see...customers are half half...that means that not only crazy fans over here but also logic customers that think a little more and waiting for DTG to finally fix that thing.

Just sayin....;););) Don't be mad guys, we paying we need more....that's all...

• Like Like x 4
  18. tallboy7648

I agree and I don't want to be rude but I do think that they do need a kick in the behind from time to time. I would assume that they been using ue4 long before tsw was released so we can't be getting the excuse that they are still learning the engine. The time for that same excuse is long gone. I would assume that they have very good tech guys to know the in's and outs of the engine and they should know how the engine works by now even if they are a small company. TSW 2 is a great game but they do need to be reminded that the game does need to be improved from time to time because they really have not done much to improve the game and actually make tsw2 a "new game"

• Like Like x 3
  19. krustynuggets

And what you fail to understand squire is that a fraction of all players on all systems come through these forum's walls, so your calculations are massively wrong, your probably find that your views are shared by less than 10% of all players, its all about thinking about the way bigger picture.......

• Like Like x 2
  20. tallboy7648

Or his views can be shared by more than 10% of players. We just don't truly know how many people outside the forums may share some of the views being shared on the thread. People may have his same idea but don't want to go on the forums. I know some people who don't go to the forums simply because of how a toxic mess it can get in some threads.

• Like Like x 3
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well I look forward to seeing your statistical evidence, that all DTG's TSW purchasing customers opinions, match those on the flawed poll at the beginning of the thread!

Also please back up your assertion, of what, in your opinion makes a customer logical and what doesn't?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  22. ZeenozPlays

Facts. I be wanting to respond to some threads, but I be havin a feelin it’s just gonna turn into an argument because someone said “this DLC needs more work”.

Is free speech not allowed?

• Like Like x 2
  23. ZeenozPlays

Or maybe they are split between the views. Some people may not agree with the others being “illogical”, they may only agree with DTG needing to take more time and review things.

I don’t agree with everything the OP has said, but I do think DTG needs to take more time to get things right. I also think that it’s hard for some of us to post stuff like this on the forums without anyone coming up and starting an argument claiming “DTG CANT TAKE THEIR TIME THEY NEED TO RELEASE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUSINESS.”

• Like Like x 2
  24. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Shaking. Damned. Head.

25. tallboy7648

That is true. It's like if you post something sometimes, it may lead to arguments that are not intended

• Like Like x 2
  26. krustynuggets

I've shaken my dammed head so much its fallen off about 7 times, my neck is just bloody gaffer tape at this point.......

• Like Like x 1
  27. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I am gonna glue my neck back and close this browser, grab a beer, sit back, and enjoy a journey in either TS2021 or TSW2. Decisions. LOL

• Like Like x 2
  28. ZeenozPlays

FRFR

29. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

We all enjoy a good argument.
    Good for our self esteem.
    Adds a further dimension to our train-simming hobby.

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

I don't think everyone enjoys to argue

• Like Like x 2
  31. ZeenozPlays

FR, it just gets tiring after a while, especially when it’s an unnecessary argument.

• Like Like x 2
  32. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

What a pitiful & prejudiced pair of possibilities -- you must be a political pollster!

• Like Like x 3
  33. tallboy7648

I don't think the OP is a political pollster lol

• Like Like x 1
  34. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I´m a big fan of this game, really, and I want to support the team with my money as I know this is not a huge company. But when things are not going well I think we also need to give a warning message. I´m not paying for anything like a crazy fan just because I like the trains. I want to have a quality product as I will use it during many years. If I´m happy I will stay and invest more money during the following years. If not I will invest it in other DLCs such as the Flight Simulator ones.

I would prefer more expensive DLCs if that granted that the quality was going to be also higher in accordance and I will not have bugs forgotten over years and years. But now we are in a situation that leads to nowere basically as design quality is very good, but it´s full of errors, and many of them related to signaling (so playability is impacted). At the end the final result has lower quality than the original good design quality. If they don´t stop to produce and focus during some months to solve the long errors list the design quality will never be perceived by the end users as many of us will get tired and abandon the game.

The problem is that this type of survey results, the same as the number of steam sales indicators, can produce a misleading message. There´s a lot of players that want new content (I was one of those many years ago). But also many of them park the game quite quickly when they get tired of it. That´s why the steam charts reflect those peaks after new content launch. So if you pay attention to produce for those players only you may have a good sales volume in the start, but many of the long term customers could be lost during that journey.

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  35. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

DTG like to say multiple times that the core game improves each time a new DLC is released, but what does that actually mean? It’s all very well saying it improves, but it’s meaningless if you don’t explain what is actually being improved. it’s all talk at this point as they never say or expand on what they mean by this.

Furthermore, how do these ‘improvements’ impact the game? Are these core improvements applicable to all DLCs or only newer ones? We’ve seen in quite a few cases already that certain features are only available on newer DLCs, such as PIS support, newer clouds etc.

Finally, and probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in game development, is that it’s been 4 or so years, and we STILL don’t have a map with labels on it.

I’m sure the (very few) developers are working flat out, however DTG’s core game developments for TSW/2 seems to be extremely slow. There are many things missing from the game should have been in it a long time ago.

• Like Like x 10
  36. tallboy7648

I agree with what your saying. You can buy a product but if it has issues that are not resolved, then people won't play it. DTG can't just only be focused on money but to make sure that people are enjoying the game and don't leave the game because of issues or bugs. They will lose money in the long run because of that and invest in other games such as Flight Simulator

• Like Like x 4
  37. tallboy7648

DTG talk the talk but don't walk the walk. They say that there are core improvements to the game but they can't elaborate on what those are. They are very slow to implement new features but are quick to release dlc after dlc. They been using the same engine for 4 years so they can't be saying that they are still learning the engine. The fact that we don't have a map with labels on it after 4 years is very silly. The fact that there have not been many new features to the game but more bugs with the game is also a joke as well. I question what are dtgs priorties with the future of Train Sim World 2. At some point they need to improve the game

• Like Like x 4
  38. Rail Nation

Rail Nation Member

you are rude take your toxicity some where else

• Like Like x 1
  39. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

They won't listen. They are like, buy what we were prepared, but at the other hand are very sensitive to positive critics. That in the long run surely can not be good. They are launching dlc after dlc but can not even improve sounds of the running loco and wind sounds across the board. They simply wont talk about improvements and adding new features. What about signalling which is all scripted or really can't do anything more than showing you green all the time? Just push more and more DLCs, and than expecting for it to be purchased. But for franchises like this where you must sell more and more DLCs to continue to exist in economic terms, it would be normal to create some trustworthy relationship with the community from which is expected to buy more and more. If not than I personally feel as if I am bombarded with "new" stuff that would always feel the same no matter if there is a new train model and new landscapes. So long this community has been neglected its painful.

• Like Like x 2
  40. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The sounds are IN the DLC, so even if they "update" one, that wont' update the others, even the various class 66s are different versions so if they change one it won't touch the other(s)

• Like Like x 1
  41. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Kings of getting things complicated.

• Like Like x 1
  42. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No, that's how it works in every simulator I know of. Only the really really bad ones use the same sound files for multiple units.
    I mean DTG recycle their sounds but at least they have different files overall

And lets not forget that if they update the sounds on a unit players have to download the whole DLC all over again (not DTG's fault, that's how the consoles do it) so those on limited download contracts (again not DTG's fault) would get slammed with download bills

43. ZeenozPlays

Not to mention the various people here on the forums who get pissed whenever someone mentions an issue or asks for an improvement.

People will stop playing the game and buying new DLC’s.

Sigh.

Ah, see here’s the issue with signals, the more red & yellow signals you want to see, the more train traffic there needs to be on the route. For instance, the Bakerloo in the game has about 2-3 Trains per hour, so most likely, you’re not going to come across anything but a green (minus the broken signals in the stations). They need to add more trains/services to the routes in order for the signals to be diverse.

And this can all be avoided if they had a thorough check through the DLC to make sure it isn’t releasing with any big bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  44. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

Running these trains never grows old for me, and I am grateful for this simulator... Even with the bugs.

• Like Like x 8
  45. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Same here and same for most people I suspect. It isn't perfect but what PC game is, it comes down to how much enjoyment and pleasure you get out of it.

We have heard the same comments, that DTG won't survive if they don't do this, or don't do that, since their inception and still, here they are.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  46. ZeenozPlays

If you don’t ask for change, you won’t get it.

• Like Like x 2
  47. tallboy7648

Since when giving constrctive criticism is being rude and toxic.

• Like Like x 3
  48. tallboy7648

I remember hearing about someone in a dtg livestream pointing out some issues with the game and they got blocked from commenting on their stream and this person didn't even say it in a rude way either. So it seems that they are sensitive to criticism at times

• Like Like x 2
  49. tallboy7648

I don't suspect most people enjoy the vast amount of bugs in the game especially on consoles. Otherwise, the technical reports section in the forums wouldn't be full of people pointing out bugs

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  50. tallboy7648

You've summed up the solutions that could be done to make the game better

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.