Tsw 2 - High Speed Heaven

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 4, 2020.

1. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

I will be incredibly disappointed if the chime is not there, that’s one of the hallmarks of riding the TGV

• Like Like x 2
  2. nberneck99

You can’t forget about NEW london Connecticut which has a Thames river.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

So pointing out inaccuracies of what the route is actually supposed to be like in real life is criticism now?

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

New York County is the New York City Borough Of Manhattan which is where I live. Most tourists who think of New York only think of the city of new york but not the state of new york. Some ironically only assume Manhattan is part of New York City only lol. There are 5 boroughs in nyc which are The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. As to why the City of New York and the State Of New York have "New York" in their names, blame the British who colonized this place in 1664 and named New York after the Duke Of York. It's nice that we got independence from Britain in 1776

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Haven’t you got a bridge to crawl back under? Troll.

• Like Like x 3
  6. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

never. im talking about marseille avignon here. using the same build process to do the extansion. if it ever made it to the roadmap

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

You mean the "tum ta tada"? :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’m trying to figure this out too.

9. ZeenozPlays

It’s not straight criticism, is constructive criticism. We’re alerting them of an issue with one of the things in the game, so they can either change it, or explain that this was intended.

People gotta stop sayin all we do is criticize DTG when we explain how something is missing or incorrect. It’s constructive criticism, you don’t see us running into a thread screaming “DTG SO BAD, THEY NO DO THI-“, no. So stop accusing us of hating on them.

Just my thoughts...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ZeenozPlays

HEY! DO NOT DISRESPECT THE BRITISH. -I’m fr rn.

Carry on.

• Like Like x 2
  11. nberneck99

Bingo

• Like Like x 2
  12. nberneck99

There’s a good reason why America split

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. tallboy7648

I agree. There's nothing wrong with constrictive criticism.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

It had to be said lol

15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Spent four year on the Thames in New London attending the USCGA of course we pronounce the name differently then those in England.... :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. mcskimmingj

mcskimmingj Member

I do like the look of the route and the train and its awesome to have a new country but the fact there's only 3 stations to stop at on any run i concerned this route will not have much to do and become boring and repetitive real quick the lack of stopping and starting does concern me ill most likely still buy it but i do have my concerns route is beautiful looking as is the duplex

• Like Like x 3
  17. Testersierra

Testersierra Member

On steam =)

18. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Well people. You wanted To travel fast. You wanted High speed trains. You wanted a big route. This is the route for you.

• Like Like x 5
  19. tallboy7648

It's too short for the speeds so it's another short high speed route. Hopefully in the future, it gets an extension

• Like Like x 4
  20. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Could you imagine that there would be a Maglef route in real with a length of about 250 km. The travel speed would be around 500 kph. But that route would be to short for some people here. Because one drive would take 30 minutes only.

So it would not be possible for DTG to building that route, if they would follow the opinion of some people here.

I think DTG should build that unique Maglef route. Because it would be a recreation of an absolutely highlight in railway engineering.

And the same is the LGV Mediterrane. It's an absolute highlight to drive the wonderful Train a Grande Vitesse. Feeling the rush of 320 kph, managing the 4 safety system, the 2 breaking system and switching between AC and DC power. Especially to compare the German LZB and the French TVM will be extremely interesting for me.

And so there is no problem for me that a drive takes around 30 minutes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. tallboy7648

You may not have a problem with doing a high speed route in a short amount of time, but others probably wouldn't like to do a short high speed route hence why there is such a high demand for routes to be extended

• Like Like x 3
  22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

An extension could be nice, but personally I agree with the idea of getting more routes and variety first, for example I'd like for a french traditional route to be built before an extension to this line, or for example another LGV featuring the Thalys PBKA and/or the ICE3M for the added service to SKA...

Owning the route in TS I'd say it's current lenght of ~100km is adequate especially compared to other TSW routes, still I'd prefer an extension to ECW or RT as it would enhance those route immensely, while an extension of this route would be just "more of the same"

• Like Like x 2
  23. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

For the last time, it is not about the length of a route, it is about how much content there is in any given session--or roughly, how long it takes to traverse the route. The LGV route is proof of this, as it will be the longest TSW route to date and yet it will have very little gameplay other than several 30 minute A to B runs. Inversely, the West Somerset Railway is one of the shortest routes in the game and yet is also has some of the longest services at an hour and a half long a piece, with many stops along the way. The German routes have the best of both worlds: a route long enough for a 30 minute high-speed drive on the ICE to please high speed enthusiasts, and that same amount of trackage for RB and S-Bahn services extends the commuter gameplay to about an hour from end to end.

Personally, I prefer regional or commuter services over A to B high speed, so I will be holding off on the LGV route. However, I will not be hypocrite asking for longer routes and then being dissatisfied when a longer route releases. The question is not about the track length, it is about the complexity and speed of the services.

• Like Like x 15
  24. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, also think about a northbound extension for ECW so we could have more driving for the Class 66 followed by the shunting near Newhaven... or even an extension from Eastbourne to Ore so we could do terminus to terminus run for both ECW lines... or if in RT Leipzig HBF was usable, such extension would add much more than just more mileage.

• Like Like x 5
  25. Callum B.

I do not own ECW so I cannot comment on that, but I heavily agree that Leipzig Hbf is a huge missed opportunity. I would love to see DTG go back and model a proper Leipzig terminal and implement LZB, as there is a lot of potential in Rapid Transit now with the scenario planner. I've already played a couple of scenarios for the route posted on the German forums, and I've come to enjoy it a lot more after the many bug fixes and with more diverse trains. Unfortunately, it is also one of the oldest routes and does not get the same love as GWE or even NEC for that matter, so I would not expect it.

• Like Like x 7
  26. ZeenozPlays

I don’t really like High Speed, but I will say, a short HS ONLY route is no fun. The travel time from start to finish needs to be at least an hour.

• Like Like x 2
  27. ZeenozPlays

I will agree with this. Munich - Augsburg has a relatively short travel time with the ICE, but you have lots of S-Bahn and Regional Services as well.

I’m not a high speed type of person, but I did like driving the ICE on SKA and seeing all the BR 422’s and Talent 2’s passing by.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

There will probably be discounts around Christmas, so I'd definitely say get ECW. I'm not even a big UK railfan, Germany and the US are far ahead, but this route is just a nice chill experience with cool visuals, sounds and gameplay. Plus the branch line featured makes the gameplay more varied.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Callum B.

I recently picked up RRO and HRR to go alongside HMA so I still have a bit of gameplay on that end to get my commuter fix before I even begin considering another commuter route. At the moment I have my eyes set on Oakville Sub after having completed much of Sandpatch.

30. Testersierra

Testersierra Member

There will be 100 kms and nearly the whole map has a speed limit of 300 kph or even more, so a one-end journey will take 20 to 30 minutes, that's not so bad. And even if you find it too short, just don't spend money on it, man =)

31. Testersierra

Testersierra Member

Oooh yes a reworked Rapid transit map with Leipzig Hbf, and not only S-Bahn, but also Regio and InterCity and even maybe freight services.
    That would be awesome. RT indeed has a great potential

• Like Like x 1
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you don’t really like high speed then why say you need it to be over an hour to enjoy it? Surely a shorter drive would be better. Why set an arbitrary times for your enjoyment anyway? If driving for an hour is enjoyable, then each ten minute period in that hour will be enjoyable. If that’s the case, 40 minutes will be enjoyable. There and back would be well over an hour.

If someone offers you a biscuit, you don’t turn it down because it isn’t four biscuits. But what you’ve said here is “I don’t really like biscuits but two biscuits isn’t enough, I want six biscuits” It makes no sense.

• Like Like x 5
  33. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

My ex-wife would happily sit down and watch three or four half hour programs one after the other, but didn't like watching movies which would be 90 or 120 minutes long. Her brain made the difference between the two so it's quite normal for people to have an arbitrary perfect time for their appreciation and focus, no matter how nonsensical it may seem to others.

And to look at your other analogy, my no partner will happily sit down to a cooked meal, but if it's too large a portion it puts her off even the first mouthful. Again, perfectly normal, if nonsensical to others

• Like Like x 1
  34. ZeenozPlays

I see I should've been more specific. I don't like High Speed compared to the usual commuter service. I'm cool with a 30 min High-Speed journey, but there needs to be more content than just the High-Speed train. When it comes down to routes without any other content, I'd prefer a longer route where I can enjoy the train more. And I'd prefer to be able to actually reverse ends of the train and make the run back.

• Like Like x 3
  35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes more sense now, and I agree with having more content to play with rather than just the high speed runs. That’s why the other high speed route coming will probably top this for playability, from what we know about them both so far.

• Like Like x 2
  36. ZeenozPlays

GWR had the 166, SKA had the Talent 2 and BR 422, and HMA had the BR 423 & the Regional Services. With this new one, there's only the High Speed train. I like how unique the TGV is, but with nothing else to do on the route, I feel like I'd get bored. I might get it if there is a sale though. I wish you could use the TGV on the other routes in service mode though. I've seen people saying that IRL, the TGV runs on SKA and HRR.

• Like Like x 3
  37. ARuscoe

It makes sense that TGV routes have TGV trains and not much else because not much else runs on them
    Same would be true of St Pancras to Ashford, given that Eurostar won't license to run their services. All you'd see would be Javelins.

38. ZeenozPlays

St Pancras to Ashford would still have commuter services with the Class 375/465.

39. ARuscoe

For about a mile at the Ashford end, unless they also wanted to do the bits along the M20 when they're a few hundred yards apart, which I doubt

40. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It's a different kind of TGV on SKA
    Thalys PBKA 4031peider-swisstrip140625hazeldonk.jpg

And it's a different variant that goes in the Munich-Augsburg, it has the same appearance as the TGV Duplex, but has different electronics and is fitted for use in Germany which is the TGV 2N2 "Euroduplex" 3UA, while we are getting the purely domestic TGV Duplex 200 series.

• Like Like x 1
  41. ZeenozPlays

It's actually St. Pancras - Faversham. How long would the services with the 375/465 be then?

42. ZeenozPlays

Ahh, damn!

43. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I know... Hopefully we'll see some international use for the ICE3M and the BR185.5 or at least they will consider the Euroduplex or the Thalys PBKA

• Like Like x 2
  44. ZeenozPlays

That would add some good variety.

• Like Like x 1
  45. ARuscoe

I was talking about the Ashford suggestion

STP - FAV would be 395s only from STP to Ebbsfleet (22.6 miles)
    Add in Classes 465,466,700,59,66 to Gravesend (2 miles) where the 465 and 466 mainly terminate (very few go beyond here nowadays in service, mainly runs to Gillingham depot as 5xxx)
    Hoo (another 3.5 miles) sees the 66s drop off except for very few going onto Medway Valley at Strood
    Strood (another 3.5) would add the Medway Valley Line services on platform 3 but our services bear left onto the Chatham Mainline where you get the Elecrostars
    700 services end at Rainham (6.5 miles futher)
    Electrostars go on around the Ramsgate loop, as do other 395 services
    (Rainham to Faversham is 13 miles)

So accompanying service length total is 28.5 miles out of the 51 mile total

• Like Like x 3
  46. ZeenozPlays

It would definitely make SKA a more enjoyable route if it had more services/train traffic.

• Like Like x 2
  47. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt Will you be doing a video clearly explaining the signalling and safety systems for this route/train before release?

• Like Like x 1
  48. tallboy7648

Yes it's also good to have variety of services like on ska but the problem with the high speed routes that they are releasing is that there isn't much playability with the High speed trains. When your doing 30 minutes in a high speed train from A to B, you want to go further and use the train more but since you can't it gets boring once you get to the "end" effectively and can't go much further. What's gonna happen is that you will have some players ask for a extension to said high speed route. I like high speed content but dtg needs to make the high speed routes longer for the High Speed trains so it won't just be 30 minute a to b runs. We should either get a full line high speed route so for example Koln to Frankfurt which is 114 miles which would technically be a extension to the Koln to Aachen route, or make a high a high speed route where we can use the high speed train for more than an hour as a compromise. With the new tech that they developed to auto generate scenery to make routes quicker, this would be possible. I would not be suprised if there were a few threads asking for a extension to the LGV Route

49. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'd much rather have a stretch of LGV Nord which will bring the Thalys and the Euroduplex rather than an Avignon-Lyon for example, that's what I meant by we need some.more variety first in my opinion...

50. ZeenozPlays

Maybe In the future?

• Like Like x 1