Route Extensions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anthony.norman2005, Nov 28, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not being pessimistic, it’s stating the facts of the situation. At no point in the future are DTG going to sell their products at a loss.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Expansion DLC is also the same price, for example, the price of the main trunk line that is released first, there is still a fee for extending 40 miles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Why not have the extension available as a separate route, so you can get it separately, but if you own each segment then you can run the whole thing

I think I'm just fantasising again tbh

• Like Like x 2
  4. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

DTG have said though on a topic about route length that if they were to make a route that was 15 miles, 30 miles or 150+miles or longer, the price for customers wouldn't increase at all so it would still cost $29.99 or 24 pounds 99 if they were to make for example a 150+mile route

If that is the case then this auto generated scenery sounds to me like the start of a very slippery slope. It also suggests a rather broken business model on DTGs part. If Flight Simulator developers can get their base to pay out increasingly higher amounts for packages based on the content then why are Train Simulator offerings capped at $30 and discounted almost as soon as they are released? After all we all spend a lot of money on hardware to run the game but the software has to be cheap? A 150 mile route should not be five times the cost of a 30 mile one but shouldn’t it logically be say twice or three times as much?

5. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

But what about long routes which are already made for TS20xx? DTG knows, what trains are running on it, and it has the texture images and blueprints of the station buildings in their archives. Are these routes realistic to make to TSW2?

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

With the new tech developed though, longer routes are possible and would cut dev time and costs I'd assume. DTG haven't even tried to make a 100 plus mile route though as well. They said in a stream that if they were to make a 150 mile route or longer, the price for customers wouldn't increase either as well.

7. tallboy7648

All of the new routes they are making that are on the roadmap are from ts2021 (railworks) because of the pandemic and they have info for those routes as well so it would make it more easier and less difficult for them to make routes from ts2021 since they have the resources for it. It would certainly be easier for dtg to just make routes that are from ts2021

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

What about the metro north Hudson line grand central station to Poughkeepsie or croton hermon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

That can be made since it's in ts2021 and they have the MTA License. The extension for the hudson line though to go to Poughkeepsie and Albany was made by a third party though and not dtg. If this route were to be made, I wouldn't be too shocked if they made the route from Grand Central to Croton Harmon and not Poughkeepsie but I'm sure they can do the full line of the route for the p32ac

10. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

And I hope that they will continue making TS20xx routes. There are a lot of good DTG made TS20xx routes, such as München-Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Hamburg-Hannover, Köln-Koblenz, LGV Rhone-Alpes-Mediterranee etc. (I'm a fan of EU routes.)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  11. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

I really think that they should focus on high speed routes with lots of stopping. For example, I loved München-Augsburg on the ICE3 because you go at high speeds and you stop at Pasing. I think that I will like the LGV and Southeastern High Speed, as both will be high speed and stop (aix-en-provence and a multitude of stations- southeastern really isn't high high speed but I want it anyways because of the Javelin). The point is- make a big route wit hons of locos even if it takes longer and is charged more for- it will make everyone more happy. (At Least I will be more happy)

• Like Like x 2
  12. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Exactly. Munich-Augsburg was from TSxx, and it’s one of the best routes. With them already having all the source material, they can quickly and easily make the upcoming routes without to much of an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

You sure they have the whole MTA License and not just LIRR/MNRR?

14. tallboy7648

They probably only have the License for the LIRR and MNR but I could be wrong

15. tallboy7648

I like european routes as well but the ones for tsw2 are short

• Like Like x 1