Roadmap Update 8th December 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 8, 2020.

1. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Will there be any surprises in the next roadmap plan before Christmas?

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I hope so!

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. When you have so many things on the roadmap, it's hard to keep track so I think that would be a great idea

• Like Like x 2
  4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

stujoy Any updates you receive will be mentioned in the announcements section of the forums and the update notes will detail what is being implemented.

If there is missing information on the Roadmap or something has just vanished without any explanation this is an error. I will personally be double checking everything to ensure it is correct.

• Like Like x 5
  5. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

There was mention of a 1970’s BR Western Region pack on the stream last night that should’ve appeared on the roadmap yesterday.

Is this pack a loco or a new route? Adam only mentioned a BR Blue Class 52 and new rolling stock so I couldn’t really tell.

• Like Like x 3
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a loco pack for GWE from what he said. I don’t know if it will contain more than the 52 and rolling stock but they described it as a well rounded pack so it might contain more locos, or just have a lot of playable content in the number of services it contains. It sounds good, whatever it contains.

• Like Like x 5
  7. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Blacknred81
    I have played several times, including standard timetables and scenario planner ones, with all kind of trains - coal, double stack, autoracks, grain, mixed freight - and some ones with rain and snow, and never have any problem about it yet.
    Please notice most of them using the AC4400CW

But let me explain that US heavy freight trains are really challenging to drive, comparing with all the other trains we have on TSW.
    This is due its size - both total length and weight - so for example you can have the same train, the front end going downhill, and the back going uphill!.

Even you have to be patient when start it.
    They do not start to move immediately, or even reduce speed the same way.
    Do to the big length of the train, it takes time the brakes to be applied / released to all the freight cars.

So you must drive it carefully and making the corresponding changes on controls with anticipation. The throttle and brakes. Of course for downhill dynamic brakes are very important!.
    Then for driving them the HUD information is useful, about speed limits and the "inclinometer" there, so you can know in advance what is happening.
    So for best training and driving experience, I advice you to save the game before any challenging part of the route, in order to run it again later if things goes wrong.

In my case I have previous experience on Open Rails with US heavy trains - which are one of my favorites type of - , but of course TSW2 is much more realistic about the "behavior" of the trains, so I must do some practice.

Hope this be useful for you

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Very interesting but I don't understand how it will work. GWE is set in 2015/16. Will the pack turn the whole route into 1970's era, which would be really weird as all the stations are modern with PIS displays etc, or is it a railtour pack that will just add a couple of extra services. Quite a weird DLC choice if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

As to BR187, - which is third party and I am interested in -, it is not mentioned for which route will be available...
    I think and hope we could use it on several German rourtes, like MSB, HKA, etc
    Hope also other new freight cars be available with it!
    Like grain, gravel hoppers, intermodal, etc

10. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I believe it was said NTP which is in the same era isn't it?

11. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I remember the words "not for West Somerset" and "will work with TVL and NTP, but I don't know the route it will release for right now" as well as "completely new model, not only a copy with new livery"
    But no guarantee on that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Adam started talking about it in relation to all the work they had been doing on GWE and with the Class 52 in livery designer and referred to it being an idea from the very start of TSW, when GWE was the only route it could be for. Sam later said it would fit in well with the era of NTP and TVL, not that it was for those routes. Neither said what route it was specifically for but it would only really fit with GWE if it’s a Western pack. From all that, I’m going to say it will be for GWE, but I don’t know how it will fit with the era that route is set in.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

One thing DTG are known to try to do is make sure that their asset packs fit into the era of their route packs. Whether that means that these 70s consists will be limited to "old period routes" or if there's a new route in progress only DTG know, but from what I know of them I would imagine a 70s period western route may well be in our future.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I think it's for NTP.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

That would be wrong too as the 52s usually only ran on western region services

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

So we are too take ourselves back to the days of the 70's by driving a blue Western and carriages along the partly electrified GWML with modern buildings, modern signalling, modern station signs. Sounds like a winner to me!

• Like Like x 1
  17. theorganist

Wrong era still as the last class 52 was withdrawn in February 1977, although the NTP probably hadn't changed in those six year. It is just the totally incorrect region, they only ever ran on the Western region apart from the odd railtour so it would be unsuitable for that route.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. theorganist

Hopefully, they might supply a period route for it, as much as I want more 1970's stock, running them on a visually modern route, won't be whetting my appetite.

No doubt then, they will give us a repaint of the class 101 in blue, as it seems it is almost the only DMU to have ever existed in Train Simulator land. There were only a handful of them on the Western region thinly spread between Cardiff, Bristol and Plymouth.

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There’s no suitable route for it. The modern GWE and a bit of pretending might be our only choice. It may hint at another route coming on that line in the future though. There is a popular suggestion for the other end of the line that refuses to go away. I wouldn’t be surprised if that appeared on the roadmap in the new year.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Interesting thinking.

• Like Like x 2
  21. theorganist

I am yearning for more BR blue routes but as a purist the thought of driving on the modern GWML in some half baked recreation of the halcyon days of the 70's will mean that my wallet will be staying firmly shut until a new route appears.

What are they going to provide for the stopping services to Slough and Reading which would have been virtually uniformly a class 117? A BR blue class 166 or will they forget about the local services?

I can't imagine driving past the junction for Heathrow Airport or North Pole depot in my Western whilst under OHEL which wasn't there till 1993 is going to be enough to suspend reality!

I have long thought a Riviera line would come at some point as it is a iconic part of the UK rail network and a BR blue version would be very likely as we have the Western, so if this add-on leads to the creation of that, then all well and good.

I will be keeping a keen eye on this.

• Like Like x 3
  22. ARuscoe

Don't see the point in bemoaning something which has only had half a comment on it let alone release details...

Everyone seems to love the Riviera, but I'd happily see other than the direct mainline, as then people would want the whole thing

• Like Like x 1
  23. theorganist

I am just steeling myself for the disappointment, and getting the point in early and see if anyone takes notice!

24. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well, whatever this Western Region pack ends up being, I am excited for it, more locos can't be a bad thing and with the scenario planner, there's plenty of use I can get from them. Mostly I just hope we get another DMU, something to complement the 101 finally.

• Like Like x 2
  25. ARuscoe

Sorry, just sounded like moaning to the wind to me. I'm not one to hype things up, but also not one to make things out to be a squib before even seeing the basic outline

26. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Adam said it will be the full train so loco, carriage and cabcar

• Like Like x 1
  27. ARuscoe

Go to about 1:04:30 in the video (1 hour, four mins 30)

28. theorganist

It isn't normally my style, just that I have a particular passion for that period and especially for DMU's of the period and considering the scant amount of DMU's in TS1 and seeing as the class 101 is already in the sim I can see how things might turn out.

But you are right, I should wait to find out more really. There was a mix of excitement when I read about this pack followed by a deflating oh......!

• Like Like x 1
  29. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Waves the flag for Cornwall :)

• Like Like x 3
  30. tallboy7648

First dlc for gwe. How shocking. I can't believe it took this long for dtg to add dlc to gwe. Will I buy old trains to run on gwe, no. It's nice though that gwe is getting some love from dtg after 3-4 years. Personally, I would perfer more modern british content instead of another historic train pack or route because modern british routes are lacking in the game

• Like Like x 3
  31. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Hi DTG Natster,
    Can you give as an information where this SPG items from 24 november ROADMAP gone:
    • [Fix] Cumberland Charge experiences red signals and yard entry issue.
    • [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-A -Coal - Cumberland to Shaw Mine - Cannot leave the yard due to a being blocked by two other locomotives (from service X793) - Happens on multiple services leaving cumberland yard.
    • [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-B - Coal -Yoder to Cumberland - The EOTD is located on the front of the lead loco, instead of the rear of the train.
    • [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-D Coal - Yoder to Cumberland - The game crashes to the Xbox Dashboard upon entering the Cumberland Yard.
    • [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y103 - Westbound Delivery - wagon drop off point leaves them across junctions obstructing the player.
    • [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y103 Westbound Delivery - Player is blocked by two locomotives in Cumberland Yard.
    • [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-B - Coal - loading at Shaw mine - Slow Speed setting does not seem to work with trailing loco attached. Will run too fast.
    • [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Q217 timing improved.
    • [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876 timing improved.
    • [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y103 objectives improved.
    • [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Overall stopping positions for train instructions.
    • [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Checked all westbound trains to resolve any clashes with departures from Cumberland.
    • ▲ [Investigate] Sand Patch Grade Service Mode - Reviewing reported issues.

32. theorganist

GWE, ECW, Bakerloo, IOW, Kent High Speed, that is five modern British routes, well will be when Kent High Speed is released. I suppose IOW is debatable as the stock is in NSE livery but the route itself is set in current day as far as I am aware. West Somerset is also set in the modern day too even if it is an heritage line, it is as it is now, not at closure in the early 70's or as it was in the days of BR steam when Praries, Panniers and Halls would have been running up and down the line. "Old" British routes, therefore number two, NTP and TVL. Already the balance has swung towards modern British routes. Even if you take out Bakerloo and IOW then that is three modern routes a opposed to two "old" routes so if modern routes are lacking, "old" routes are more so!

Still I won't buy this pack if it is just to be used on the GWE in some kind of compromise. But, maybe there is another surprise to come. We haven't seen what routes are "in planning" for next year as I assume they are despite not being on the roadmap!

• Like Like x 1
  33. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I would argue that West Somerset and IOW are both heritage (IOW less so) as they run with very old stock so we have NTP, TVL, WSR and IOW compared to GWE, ECW, Bakerloo and Southeastern so I make it 4-4:). In terms of Loco DLC add-ons we have had the Classes 33, 52, 31, 20 and 40 compared to just the class 313 and 465 when they come for TSW2 so that is 5-2 to heritage. Therefore the balance is still slightly with the older stuff.

I would buy the 52 add on pack for GWE as it would bring some much needed variety to the route (it's the only route that has never had DLC) but not if it's for NTP or TVL as it never ran in those places in real AFAIK.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

★ [Fix] East Coastway Class 66 is appearing in place of the Great Western Express Class 66 in Aggregate Industries scenario, preventing it from being completed.

Can you please fix it in a way the two "liveries"are more interchangeable? This requires the ECW version to be able to get some fuel and the the GWE version to set brake timer to goods.

35. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey Matto, I have been working on resolving this today.
    The previous Roadmap dated the 24th November should now be accurate and correct. I have also edited the update notes from the 24th November accordingly.

There are some changes I will be making to the current Roadmap tomorrow. This is to ensure everything is accurate an makes sense.

Appreciate everyone being patient and pointing out missing information. This was simply a case of human error where some things got left out.

• Like Like x 7
  36. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Nope, just DTG will playing in Cyberpunk 2077, because)

• Like Like x 1
  37. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I certainly do not have that problem on any routes - now if you are basing "Uphill and Downhill" on the HUD there in lays your problem -- that indicator is totally dependent on if your locomotive itself is reversed or not to the track. So if your number one end of the locomotive is in the forward position with respect to the track then the indicator works as it should with the icon on the HUD. If your number 2 end is forward then the image is backwards and on the Icon the "front" end is pointed down hill when actually you are on an uphill incline -- And if you driving in reverse with a reversed cab --- it boggles the mind.....

I know -- Confusing as Heck -- definitely a fail for a well designed UI.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Thanks DTG Natster for clear explanation. Now I can try to play Cumberland Charge again because I wasn't sure if fix is out or not.
    Hope that roadmap will be under stricter supervision to avoid inaccurate information in future.

39. tallboy7648

I wouldn't consider gwe a modern route, Probably semi modern since so much has happened to that route. Also IOW is somewhat of a heritage route. So I say 3 modern british routes but and 5 old routes for british content but you can probably argue 4-4 if you consider gwe a modern british route so I think i'll say 4-4. In terms of new modern british loco dlc, there will only be 2 new trains which are the 313 and 465 so we will have more british heritage dlc trains than modern british dlc trains.

• Like Like x 1
  40. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

GWR is still stuck in 2015 I believe.

IOW is a modern route, just with the old livery. It would be nice to see Rivet change the route up like they’re doing IRL, and add the 484’s, but I can’t see that happening.

• Like Like x 2
  41. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s still possible that they add the 484 they even said why not

42. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It makes no sense to release a new loco + carriages just so you can run it with the half functional scenario planner. Surely if we wanted to do that, we’d use the 52 from WSR?

Running a classic loco on a modern route, from A to B, serves no interest to me, personally. The only route it could run on realistically is GWE, if it was run as a rail tour. But even then, rail tours only have limited opportunities and certainly aren’t an ‘every day’ occurrence.

I reckon they have an appropriate route for it, set in the appropriate era. Which just hasn’t been announced yet.

• Like Like x 4
  43. tallboy7648

Probably another historic route. That won't be seeing my debit card anytime soon

44. theorganist

Well what do you call "old". For most people an "old" setting for a UK route would be at least 15 years, something involving heritage traction.

GWML set in 2015
    WSR set in the current period I would say, it certainly isn't set any time before 1972 when it was a functioning BR route
    NTP set in 1983
    TVL set in 1989
    ECW set in the 2010's
    IOW has BR liveried stock but apparently set in modern times
    Bakerloo set in modern times
    KHS set in modern times

So how many routes can you run BR period scenarios in an authentic setting, two. Three if you include the IOW.

I would not class the 465 as a heritage train and the 313 is debatable and they are for modern routes set in modern times.

It is the period the route is set in not the stock so much.

Well too many modern routes and mine will start to be closed as I don't mind some but for me the strength of a simulator is to be able to recreate something you can no longer experience.

• Like Like x 2
  45. theorganist

I will respectably disagree a little. As far as I am concerned I am looking at when the routes are set.

The WSR is heritage in name but for me a "old or heritage" route is a route set in a time not as of now. Is the WSR set in say 1960, no. It is set in 2020 or thereabouts, I can't recreate the DMU service from Taunton or the small Prairie hauled services before it. I can't recreate the summer Saturday through trains from Paddington. All I can recreate on the WSR are a motley collection of services run by various classes of diesels which have been acquired by the railway since the preservation society was formed. That is not a period route, it is a modern period route which uses heritage stock.

I think the sim should represent a variety of periods but if all we are going to get route wise are modern routes or preserved railways as some nod to those who want to drive something a little older then it won't hold my interest for much longer.

• Like Like x 4
  46. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well UK players should count themselves fortunate that they have so many routes to choose from. We Americans have but 3 (4 if you add Oakville). We have 2 coming, one of which is a true historic route, the other set in the present day. I'm also a fan of older routes and their age appropriate stock, but that is not the general direction that TSW2 is headed apparently. Most players seem to want modern, high speed routes and traction, hence the intense interest in LGV. But it's early days, we will see.

• Like Like x 7
  47. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Yo, so whats up with the TGV Add On now? In the roadmap it is said that the Add On will be released imminently, not on the 17th. But it hasn't since been released, so what's like the status now?

• Like Like x 1
  48. JAAK

JAAK Member

what do you mean? it's still the 17th

• Like Like x 1
  49. hewsmail

hewsmail New Member

Here's an idea. How about fixing the game so it doesn't crash for anyone using a 1st gen Ryzen CPU? Submitted a ticket 2 months ago. I'm not the only one.

• Like Like x 2
  50. tallboy7648

It does seem that is the case so far. I remember matt saying that the reason why we have for example modern German routes and not historic German routes is apparently because most german players perfer more modern German routes instead of historic german routes in a stream.

• Like Like x 1