PlayStation Missing Trophies For Iow

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

DTG Protagonist / DTG Natster / Jasper_Rivet / TrainSim-Adam

Raising this again as on tonight’s Roadmap, there was no mention of the six missing trophies on IoW for PS4 as part of the next IoW update. This has been raised several times.

Are there going to be further updates, including these trophies or are we going to be stuck with four forever more?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2020
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Good call. Was just about to post this. Glad Sam answered me in stream despite me being heavily modded for daring to ask a legit question about a Roadmap item on a Roadmap stream! Sorry but the modding is a joke. I only occasionally go into the chat as it’s that tedious

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I noticed the mods were getting on to you quite a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey matjamca There are currently no plans to add more trophies on IoW for PS4.

5. TinTin_57

Natalie is this for certain? Then the DLC is inconsistent across PC and Console. That's not good and certainly not a great message to console players

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not going to lie, that’s very disappointing given that PC/Xbox get the full 10 and Rivet acknowledged the PS4 version was lacking. There’s no real reason why the PS4 version should be treated any differently.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TinTin_57

Something has changed since this then.....
    Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 13.12.30.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

If DTG does not support all platforms equally, which is implied by the statement of DTG Natster, then they obviously don't want our money ... *shrugg*
    It's sad, but I can live with it, because I have no intention of buying anything as long as I don't feel valued as a customer.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That response couldn’t be any clearer to your query. So what has changed? Have they found they can’t get the trophies to work, in which case, try harder or have they decided PS4 players don’t matter. Either way this looks and smells like a cup of cold sick.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TinTin_57

I think, just now, that's how I am feeling. I thought we had cracked it and we were all valued equally. This doesn't feel so good to me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TinTin_57

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say only affects part of the total player base, PC guys are happy so that's all that matters.....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They certainly seem to be trying to annoy different groups of people with the decisions they are taking. It might make perfect sense to the powers that be, but it is definitely damaging to those people.

DTG Natster - Is DTG really comfortable with this?

13. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I was going to get IOW in the sale but I'm not now. It can wait along with everything else. I'm not buying anymore DLC until the massive amount of bugs and glitches in this game are fixed. Every new releases seem the break something that worked before.

• Like Like x 4
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Let’s get a bit of perspective here guys. It’s the number of trophies that doesn’t correspond with the number of achievements in the first third party route made for TSW. There might be a perfectly good reason why this is the case and also a good reason why it may not have been rectified. Nobody has deliberately made fewer trophies for PS4.

My advice at the moment would be to wait for the update to come and see if the trophies are there just in case it’s a misunderstanding or miscommunication between Rivet and DTG, or between departments within DTG.

If the trophies are indeed still missing, then you can reevaluate the situation and how you feel about it. Again, it is missing trophies, not missing gameplay. It is not worth getting in a tizzy about. IOW is a fantastic debut route for Rivet and with the second batch of fixes coming is going to be even better.

If this turns out to be Rivet’s error, then having a go at DTG isn’t fair.
    If it’s DTG’s error then nobody should penalise Rivet by not buying their fantastic route.
    If it is an error and can’t be fixed for whatever reason then it’s not really fair having a go at anyone.

Just enjoy the route.

15. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

It's not that easy. Natalie is right, it's unlikely that we'll fix the missing trophies, because it's a PlayStation bug, about which we (as Rivet Games) can't do anything about.

Sorry to disappoint!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. TinTin_57

once bitten.........

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slemcer

This statement leaves a lot to wish for, what is it exactly, are the trophies just invisible? I don't think so ...
    There have several other trophies been added after IOW in the set 2. So the total amount of trophies cannot have been the reason, neither in set 2 nor for TSW 2!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. TinTin_57

The only thing for me is that trophies are indeed a key component of gameplay for me. They act as my task list for a route or loco.

Rivets response is just a cop out to be honest. Can DTG not pick this up and fix it for us? It’s amazing how many titles there are on PS4 yet seemingly only TSW gets issues with trophies. I’m talking as one of those players that has been through the pain of getting the original platinum. Let’s face it, Rivet have moved on to other things and won’t stop and fix this for us because it’s not affecting all.

Teaches us a lesson for the future releases though as I am assuming the PlayStation bug will always be present if Rivets response is to be believed. Helps us make a more informed decision next time around

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I do enjoy the route, but I really don’t think dismissing the trophy issue as a PS4 bug is acceptable.

What is this bug that has suddenly appeared from nowhere?

What conversation has DTG/Rivet had with Sony about the bug preventing them from delivering the same experience on PS4 as with PC and Xbox? Does Sony know they are being blamed for this bug?

I didn’t criticise DTG for not delivering the layers in HMA for example because a) they told us upfront and b) that’s a limitation of the current machines - particularly the non-pro versions. But the trophies on IoW is a separate issue that I’m sure can be sorted if either DTG or Rivet chose to do so - even after telling us (Rivet in particular) that the issue was known and would be fixed.

Clearly neither party care enough to do anything about it - so what implications does this have for other broken things down the road? I don’t think I’m being unfair or unreasonable in asking these questions and if it makes DTG/Rivet uncomfortable - then good - but it’s pretty much like water off a Duck’s back.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BigH

BigH Active Member

It´s getting easier everyday to not buy any more content for this game, if this is the way i get treated as a customer.

Blaming trophy issues on Sony, when Sony heavily advertises people earning trophies (e.g. Xmas Calender raffle) and even expands the "earning a trophy experience" on PS5 by letting you record up to 30 seconds of video when earning it. Wow.

I wish somebody could tell us what is causing this problem, so we could ask Sony to fix it.

• Like Like x 3
  21. TinTin_57

Can we perhaps escalate to TrainSim-Adam as there are trophy items on the roadmap currently (Panning for Gold). Could this be added to speak to Rivet and have Adams team progress it?

• Like Like x 1
  22. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Given that Rivet thought it was OK to release the game without timings for the timetable this is no surprise.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  23. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Doesn't make a lot of sense when other DLC has more than 4 trophies

24. Slemcer

It may be worthwhile, but there seems to be a difference in the available hardware or its configuration between the consoles at DTG and ours.
    I believe this situation is effectively hampering any further investigation into issues specific to Playstation consoles.

25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

We just have to, respectfully, keep our displeasure known. They simply can’t keep upsetting their customers like this. It’s not acceptable and it shouldn’t be accepted.

• Like Like x 2
  26. TinTin_57

Quite right. This is why it would be good to have DTG review Rivets statement. Rivet imply there is something wrong with the Playstation platform here. As this is the only platform we are playing on (in most cases I assume) then we need to know if this is specific to this route, to everything Rivet do in the future or to things that may affect routes developed by DTG in the future etc etc. As mentioned above I would like to know if this has been reported to Playstation and what is their response as they are usually quick to resolve things.

In my work if I told a customer a bug was due to the platform, especially a global platform, I would have to have pretty good evidence to back that statement up.

Lets keep this high on the list. Do we need to raise a ticket or is it sufficient to have it noted here? DTG Protagonist

• Like Like x 2
  27. BigH

BigH Active Member

There is a limit of how many trophies a game could have in one list (around 125, not sure) since the PS3 days. That´s why DTG choose to add a second Trophy Set to TSW 2020 and TSW 2. That might have caused the trophy problems in the past with TSW 2020. The only other franchise i know of who does it like this is Hitman, but there it works.

I think Rivet just didn´t do their maths right and tried to add too many trophys to the trophy set and now they are calling it a bug, although the correct information should be available to developers. If true, there is probably no way of changing that, but please don´t blame other companys for your own mistakes.