PlayStation Lgv Méditerranée

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Dec 10, 2020.

?
  1. Excited. Will be buying.

62 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Not Excited. Will be buying.

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Excited. Will not be buying.

16 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Not Excited. Will not be buying.

16 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Other. Please explain.

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Who’s excited for the stream tonight and will you be buying the route?

I’m Excited. Will be buying.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2020
  2. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I like all railroading stuff. But passenger high-speed and freight trains are my absolute favorites. Especially the cockpit of the TGV looks like a jet cockpit and the design of the TGV Duplex is simply impressive. And TGV Duplex has the fastest Dostos .

• Like Like x 4
  3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

You are missing the option "excited, unsure whether to buy it" ;)
    Much will depend on tonight's stream. Sam has often said a long route with nothing to do is not what they intend to produce recently, yet this seems to tick all of these boxes in my eyes. Hoping that they can prove me wrong and win me over with some interesting interaction on the route and wonderful scenery. If that does well I am in.

• Like Like x 11
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Can't wait, won't watch the stream though, don't want any spoilers, my first impression has to be driving it myself for the first time ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve added another option :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’m somewhat excited.

I won’t get the route at release, but I may get this route in a few months when it goes on sale. I’m just waiting for SEHS.

• Like Like x 2
  7. steamfan

steamfan Member

I'm excited about this route, but I will hold off for now. As the release could be quite buggy especially for my lower-end console, new safety systems, signaling, speeds. Also, I waiting for a TGV loco add-on to pop up on the roadmap because one train isn't enough for me.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Not excited at all to be honest. If it’s just high speed from one station to another then I won’t be buying. Will watch the stream tonight to see if there’s more to it and that.

• Like Like x 3
  9. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Excited for it, sure, but I don't think I'm planning to buy it straight away. I'm a huge fan of high-speed city-to-city travel, I'm playing on either SKA or HMA almost every day actually. But what draws me to those routes is that there's the opportunity to drive other, more local services alongside the high speed ones. With the LGV route, its solely just high speed.
    From a consumer standpoint, unless DTG surprises us with some crazy new feature, I'm not convinced on sinking $30 into this as it'll feel a bit too much compared to the amount of gameplay I'd get out of it. I'd be happier paying something around ~$15 or ~$20 during a sale.
    Who knows, I'm waiting for the preview stream to change my mind. :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

Eagerly anticipating but will hold off from buying until fully reviewed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say I’m excited about the route or the stream but I am definitely interested in seeing what it’s like. I doubt I will be buying this when it come out but possibly at some point in the future, depending on what other things take my fancy. I was never intending to buy the Oakville route but after having so much fun switching in Sand Patch’s yard, and with the performance issues on PS4 stopping me buying HMA and the 363 for the time being, I bought it in the latest sale and am going through the Journey in TSW2020. How this route and SEHS perform on base PS4 will determine whether I buy either in the near future. A very important part of any purchases for now is performance, so I’ll be keeping my eye on it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

I am most likely going to watch the stream as the route does look very exciting and very pretty but I am going to wait until possibly after christmas as i'm probably going to get Assassins Creed: Valhalla and then think about TSW2 DLCs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Very excited and I will be buying this on Thursday morning. Luck has it that I'm off work on Thursday, so I know how I'll be spending the day :)

I hope that in tonight's stream, Matt will give a detailed explanation of the signalling and all the safety systems on board

• Like Like x 2
  14. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I'll watch the stream because I like seeing new stuff in TSW but not buying it. Not sure I am interested in it at all. As an aside I am also not interested in Arosa Line either once that comes up. Besides, I'd like IOW on PS4 fixing first. Lost some faith there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yeah the IoW trophy issue has definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

16. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

It depends on how engaging the route is, based off tonight's stream.

I enjoy the ICE services on HMA and SKA from time to time, but I wouldn't want to play these services one after another as there isn't enough to do for me. I tend to prefer the local stopping services, such as BKL, or the S Bahn services on multiple German routes.

If I like the look of the route and want to buy it, I'll probably wait a few days after release to see if there are any bugs / issues prior to taking the plunge. I did this with IOW and I'm glad I didn't pick it up due to the issues, some of which still exist.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I can’t be excited because of past buggy releases, if/when I’m satisfied it works and runs smoothly on a base PlayStation then I might be happy to jump on board, just being excited and jumping in regardless is risky unless you have money to burn

when I upgrade next year the performance issue should be less of a problem, as for bugs?

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I won't be buying this route. It's way too short for the speeds and will get boring very quickly once you do a few services

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Really looking forward to the stream, if it goes as I hope it's a day one purchase for me

• Like Like x 1
  20. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

No im not excited and wont be buying this route im waiting for south eastern high speed.

• Like Like x 3
  21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for London to Faversham

• Like Like x 2
  22. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Same here Stujoy. I am more excited for the release stream next week as they're supposed to be doing that one on console. I'm sure it'll look great tonight on the PC but if it's as laggy as SKA or HMA at 320kph on PS4 then no thanks. If they have pulled some rabbit out of the hat though and it runs smooth on console I'll be picking it up.

• Like Like x 3
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The only time they’ve done streams from PS4 that I’ve seen, it’s been a PS4 Pro, so not much use for seeing how it might run on my machine, it being a lowly standard PS4. I suppose it’s the same as them mainly streaming from higher spec PCs though. I think the release stream is going to be on Matt’s xbox but they are supposed to be recording some gameplay from whatever we don’t see live just to show us what to expect. I’ll probably rely more on what other people say here when they get hold of it as I’m not going to be in a rush to get things on release day.

• Like Like x 2
  24. mclitke

Okay so after the stream I am very sure that I won't be buying the route at release/full price.
    The train itself looks good, and all the functions are great. The voltage switch is quite cool. Even the scenarios appear to be very interesting from first sight and the titles.
    But in the end the route - to me at least--is exactly what Sam was making fun of each time someone asked for a long route. It just lacks diversity really.

My fear is that if the dlc does not do very well in comparison to others, they won't be doing another one in the near future but rather later (as by Sam's words on stream today). It is not that I don't want to see French routes, quite the contrary. But they might draw the wrong conlusions if it does not sell too well.

• Like Like x 7
  25. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It was a nice stream and the route looks really good. DTG should be congratulated.

I will probably be holding off until they patch the little things they won’t have time to finish like the crocodile system and to see what flexibility we have in the scenario editor.

I love the Köln-Aachen high-speed running but I think it’s partly to do with the fact you can dip into some freight, regional or S-Bahn services as well.
    If we had the creative freedom to put stationary regional trains on the regional lines out of Marseille and to mess around in the yard it would have a lot more value to me.

26. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I'm very satisfied with the stream. The stations, the TGV Duplex and the landscape look much better compared with the TS version. Especially in the TS version the landscape after the 8 km long tunnel north of Marseille looks like a dessert. In TSW 2 you have a nice green landscape with much better looking trees and with wineyards. The savety systems worked fine. The power switch too. And crocodile will be added in the future. I think it's a good decision, to wait till it's ready for use.

• Like Like x 1
  27. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Alright lads. The platforms actually become wet now when its raining. 10/10, this is a must buy.

Lol, only kidding :D
    But it really does indeed look fantastic.

Post stream thoughts?
    I am genuinely liking the LGV Méditerranée route more than I thought I would, but I am still not entirely convinced of picking this DLC up at full-price. But if it were to be put on sale, without a doubt I'd say go for it. :)
    Let's be honest here, DTG has done something different and brought a bunch of new additions to the table, and I want to commend them for that. But I don't think the route will provide that much gameplay value. This would be more appropriate as like a break from other routes.

Some notes...
    - Performance on-stream...actually looked good! Better than past preview streams, I reckon. We'd have to wait for the console stream to see if performance really has improved.
    - The sounds were incredibly good, especially regarding the horn!
    - The stations looked interesting enough. The PIS screens fit in really well.
    - Did you guys notice the hills in the distance? Particularly at the 27 minute mark of the stream? I swear they must've done some tweaking with atmospheric scattering! It looks good!
    - The TGV Duplex looks gorgeous!!! Its one of the best looking trains in the game in my opinion. Its got to be something about that livery :)
    - The gradient changes and rolling hills look interesting. Definitely haven't had something this drastic before in TSW.
    - Dynamic weather has been used once more in a scenario, and it seems to be working rather well! There's talks about bringing them to service mode at some point in the future.
    - The platforms actually become wet now! I can't be the only one who became giggly when I saw that.
    - Despite it being a dev build, it didn't seem as though it was particularly problem-prone or buggy...for now.

The more I look at it, the more hopeful I am of the future of this game. We're a long way away, but it finally feels as though that TSW is starting to stand on its two legs. The true potential of this game is starting to become fully realized, and that's thanks to DTG doing something different than usual. Being set in a different country with different signaling systems and different ways of doing things. It feels fresh, it feels new. I think we need more of this.

TLDR: Its shaping up to be a good route, and I want to commend DTG for its efforts for doing something new. But I would recommend holding off on this until theres a sale.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  28. palecek.m

palecek.m New Member

52 services?? Really? Marry xmas hohoho :-( Rather Sbahn to SKA or Regio to HMA

• Like Like x 2
  29. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I'll be giving this one a miss initially. I personally prefer the commuter / stopping services as I find them more engaging.

Whilst I do enjoy the occasional high speed run, I couldn't run one after the other without losing some interest. Also, with the number of services, I'd get through them pretty quickly.

For £24.99, I don't think I'd get my money's worth out of it, due to three stations and a limited number of services. I do appreciate why it's £24.99, due to the length of the route and work that has had to go into it.

As a side note, it's disappointing to see it's being released with the crocodile safety system not implemented. There's no committed date for this to be rolled out, and based off previous experience with fixing bugs / niggles, I wouldn't want to be parting with my money until this was resolved.

If it pops up in a sale in the future, I'll probably pick it up.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy with what I saw on the stream. The sounds are good and the scenery looks nice while the TGV seems quite complicated and fun to drive. A whole new signaling and safety system to learn sounds like fun. The missing crocodile is a bummer but it would be barely used on the route anyway so I don't really care. Wet platforms and dynamic weather are also great features that I'd love too see in future routes.

52 services sounds pretty realistic for a highspeed-only line, I don't see why that is a problem for so many people. You can always replay services if you finish all of them.

Now if only someone could mod the ballast colour.

• Like Like x 1
  31. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

The route looks lovely but I want to see what it's like on a console first, I noticed that Matt was getting around 60/70 FPS at the point when I checked. We'll not see that on console I'm afraid. I can't remember anything on the stream where I thought "I don't like that", which is a good sign I guess. The train looks the bees knees, the horn is one of the best I've heard in TSW to date, in-cab sounds are nice, the interior of the train looks good, especially the bar coach.

The rolling hills at speed made it feel very rollercoaster-ish, which will be fun.

It looks to be a decent length too, albeit given the speed of the TGV makes it still seem short. Unless I see something I don't like on the console stream, this will be a day one purchase for me.

Before the stream I never even knew a "crocodile" safety system existed so to me I'm not missing it, plus I'm sure Matt said it's hardly ever used on the route. So for DTG to release the route without it made sense and if/when it does arrive then it's a nice addition.

• Like Like x 2
  32. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Graphically it looks pretty good (the train is amazing), but I noticed fps drops here and there, so I'm afraid it will be full of stuttering on console. High speed doesn't help.

• Like Like x 2
  33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I did like the look of this DLC. Wet platforms? How can you complain about barely visible catenary being slightly wrong when there are wet platforms for you to ogle? Dynamic weather? Who is going to notice slightly too dark ballast when you can see the clouds getting bigger and the rain starting to fall? Seriously though, these things are great additions. Interesting scenarios aside, this seemingly limited DLC could easily give endless hours of fun in timetable mode alone. I mean, what a train to drive and the stations, speed limit changes, power swap, gradient changes and safety systems will just add up to fun fun fun. If performance is assured on standard PS4 (no pesky layers to get in the way) I might be getting this route sooner rather than later. I’m certainly more excited for it than I was.

Did I hear correctly that a real living breathing sound engineer helped them with this? Strange thing to mention in a stream. Good sound design and implementation is essential in all routes, I would have thought. From what I could hear on the stream, it sounded pretty good. Hmmm...

• Like Like x 3
  34. ZeenozPlays

1 scenario, and for people who are usually near the LGV. That ballast is a big issue.

Altogether, the route seems fine though.

• Like Like x 3
  35. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I didn't change my original vote after the stream I'm afraid

• Like Like x 2
  36. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I was rather impressed with the stream last night. The train sounded great and she looks fun to drive. The weather changing in the demonstrated scenario was superb

• Like Like x 3
  37. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Cyberpunk 2077 looks good on pc and new generation consoles, completely bombs on basic PS4, how people can judge performance watching a stream from a different machine (pc) is strange, I won’t be buying until I read enough decent reviews from vanilla PS4 owners, pro reviews are a waste of time for me as well tbh

PS I’m not saying it will bomb by the way, route and train looks nice though but performance is all important to me

38. mclitke

I believe people are not saying that the amount of services is unrealistic, but they wager it off with other routes that cost the same. Most of the time you get 2 trains and a lot more services (logically with more trains). It then comes of course down to personal preference, if the longer route (that still can be finished in 30 min) is enough to justify the same price.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

After the stream last night I went from interested and not buying to very interested and day one buy from me.
    The stream really sold it to me.

• Like Like x 2
  40. box215

box215 Active Member

Watched a recording of the stream late last night
    The route does look very nice
    And glad that they were forthright with what's true to life vs what they had to sacrifice to get the DLC released

My biggest concern is that it's 1 loco, 3 stations, full priced DLC. So the chances for variety and mixing it up on this route seem very slim.

And to be honest, high speed services with little action in between stations and green signals the whole way doesnt sound like it will hold my interest long
    For example, I find myself driving commuter or freight services on KS, as opposed to the ICE services.
    And same for HMA

I have every DLC except Western Somerset Railway and Isle of Wight (and I'll prob get Isle of Wight eventually, was waiting for them to sort out some of the bigger issues). So to feel this way is very uncommon for me.

But we'll see eventually. Would also like to see how it runs on console next week.

EDIT: to answer the poll: Im excited (new content for TSW is always exciting to some extent) but I probably wont buy it at release

• Like Like x 9
  41. ZeenozPlays

Same.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

I think I'm most excited for learning the LGV safety systems.

Still, a route with three stations at high speed is going to get dull. It would've been great to have a service from Marseille to Valence or Lyon instead of just Avingon. Or a commuter service in the region included with the route; I think then it would be more worth the price of full DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  43. quentin.desremaux

quentin.desremaux New Member

What is the price of this route?

44. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

The usual price.

45. quentin.desremaux

quentin.desremaux New Member

And what is it?

46. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

If you have the game, just look at the other route DLCs, but not IOW.

47. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

And WSR.

48. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Standard price for a new route: 29.99 USD/EUR - 24.99 GBP

49. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Just did two runs plus two introductions on this route and I'm pleased how it feels and looks like. It is interesting and nice route and TGV is also pretty interesting to drive. Something different :)

• Like Like x 2
  50. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Did you do then with TVM and VACMA? on what platform?