PC Tsw Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Typhomat, Feb 14, 2018.

1. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Also, Lawjester. Please read carefully what’s being said. Because you taking bits and pieces of what you want and running full speed with it. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

I agree with you definitely. We could be mislead, but this is content that’s been on such high demand so I see no reason for why DTG wouldn’t do it.

3. rare_common_sense

Well. See, that’s the thing, dude. We’re not being mislead. We’re being teased with just an image which sparks speculation, which is fun, and also makes for great discussion. Some things people pick up and get right, others may get totally wrong.

As soon as I saw the picture I was able to deduce what route it was one because I recognized the diagram anywhere. This was before I even heard about the comparison made on Twitter. All it did was confirm what I knew. It was just tilted a bit to throw people off a bit. But when you know something. You just know.

The only reason why I tend to get downvotes is because thing I say, though are mostly true or will be confirmed true is not what people want.

I even stated that the next offering was going to be a NEC based route in the MNRR proposal thread for TSW. Feel free to refer back to that thread and read the comments I made.

Chances are, when more information comes out you guys are going to (or I will) come back to this and see that what I’ve (and maybe one or two others) speculated, was pretty much on target.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

I love reading all the speculation. Great work from everyone overlaying maps, and giving out good info on routes. I think this is half the fun of new routes coming out.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

You've been reading my mind from my own analysis of things. I was really puzzled when I saw all the LIRR stuff and I was myself trying to decipher what would have implied it was an LIRR route, this has all the means to be a NEC route. I mentioned the track that goes south of Woodside (I'm not from the NY area so now I can refer to it properly), but if you look at the overlay from NY-NH, if they are just using the yard as another place to do something, then it makes sense why things are why to have such a track.

• Like Like x 3
  6. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

My wallet is ready. I hope all you guys' are too. Anything NYC based, i'm supporting. Remake or not.

• Like Like x 6
  7. rare_common_sense

By all means. You know. The last thing you want to do is hold back your support for a company that you have expectations of. I will support them simply because it will give them the incentive to keep at and bring the community what they desire somewhere down the road.

I will support them myself. I’ve gotten nearly everything they’ve offered route wise in spite of their offerings which weren’t bad as far aesthetics. Just that their lengths kind of put me off. And I expect this one to be no different. But I will still put my support behind them and maintain my right to critique their stuff lol.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lawjester

Yea I’m just excited to see what this new DLC is!

• Like Like x 1
  9. USRailFan007

Couldn't have said it better myself. They're the only company that seems to make the greatest, graphically looking simulations as of recent (with TSW). Heck, the experiences you get via TS 20xx are also great but graphically, TSW is already leagues ahead. I've supported them for a long time and i don't plan to stop. I enjoy the simulators and experiences, i'll probably never have in real life, when it comes to riding across different regions outside the US (and operating the trains, of course). Its sort of a way to, "Experience traveling on a budget, from your own home". :D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. rare_common_sense

Facts! Although it’s possible for you to do those things if you’re willing to go after it. I just received a letter from NYC Transit today that I passed the exam for the conductors position. Score of 95. Placing me on the eligibility list. Which I’m quite happy about.

So I say this.. If it’s something you actually want to do, just go after it. Or as far as traveling to other territories and experiencing rail there. It’s all about how bad you wanna be able to do it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Quite true indeed. TSW may be young and not uber ultra super duper perfect, but if we use that as an excuse to not support the devs, then TSW will never get old and will never become uber ultra super duper perfect. Call it an investment maybe, but whether you realize it or not, paying for route A is also going toward paying for routes B and C down the line. If everyone did not get route A because route C down the line would be better than route A, there would be no route C!

• Like Like x 6
  12. USRailFan007

Congrats man! Glad to hear!:D
    I learned about the Conductor Trainee position myself, like 2 weeks after it was removed from the MTA MNR portion of the website. Went up Jan 18th through the 24th. I'm currently working in a different field so i had to divert my focus to what i'm currently doing. I've got 2 friends whom work as conductors as of current and they've told me to apply when the opportunity arises, for a few months now. I let the opportunity slip me by but, i'm gonna work towards getting familiarized with "The rules of the operations department" at the very least, in preparation for the next listing. Think they told me it goes up 2-3x a year so, i'll apply then. Hopefully. Its all based on seniority too, so if you're called in for the board interview with the Train Master, HR person and i forget the third (and accepted) you'll be placed according to where they'll require you to take courses. If you live by GCT, and they require you to travel up to Poughkeepsie, New Haven, Stamford, etc, you'll be traveling pretty far. Its pretty laid back though. Courses are like 2-3 hours based on your schedule. You'll be learning in the classrooms and getting plently of on the Job training. Best part is, you'll be enjoying it because who wouldn't love to operate a train, that applied to the position?

• Like Like x 4
  13. rare_common_sense

Absolutely.

14. USRailFan007

I began supporting TSW as of the creation of my account here, 2 weeks ago. Purchased all DLC and the GP40-2 Loco full price. Regardless of bugs and problems. Simply because i wanted to support DTG in hopes that one day, i'll see the route i wanted made for the longest, come to fruition (Hudson Line, mainly but there are many). Can't get what we want, when we want it, but i'll still wait and support my investment, in hopes to one day see it made, as pschlik said.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

You also need to consider the offer: in the case of GWE, they offered the Great Western Mainline, and the TS20xx alternative was a route dated 2007 and therefore very old.
    With the new haven line, the alternative is a route dated 2014 and one of the best looking routes in ts. Considering all the sales and so on I feel that anyone intersted in simulators would already have it. Therefore, if that is a shorter route many will ask themselves why buy it? And what’s the added values that justifies another expense? And I’m not sure that walking around the train could be enough. And After all the critics from GWE I think that DTG have taken this into account.

Last thing: you speak about getting a short route to support the developer, but you are clearly an hardcore fan. And hardcore dana are always a minority. And any market strategy must consider how to appeal casual fans who must be interested in the actual content, not in supporting a game

16. rare_common_sense

You bring up some valid points. But even those that sometimes have objections, will probably fold and just get it anyway to see what the fuss is about, or if the route is showcased enough that even those who may initially be against purchasing it, will.

But, TSW is still a new product that will take a long time to reach the point where TS is as far as content goes. And DTG still has to find way to produce content to match up to the time frame that they're able to achieve with TS. You nearly get something new every week or two at the most, on average. Whereas TSW currently only pushes out new content every 2-3 months maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  17. rare_common_sense

Adding to my previous comment. Being that Train Simulation isn't as widely popular as a lot of well-known PC/Console titles, DTG has to be able to produce content regularly to maintain decent profit margins, hence why their content is at the prices they've been. Besides, this is far cheaper than model railroading, not mention space saving. lol

• Like Like x 3
  18. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Is there any real need for all the secrecy?

19. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Yes, it's called marketing. Look at how many responses this thread has gotten since the Twitter post. Twitter, Facebook and the Steam forums are probably just as busy. DTG are successfully building intrigue, conversation and hype about the next release and we're only one clue in.

They're also engaging with the community which is something we're constantly asking for. Perhaps we should just begrudge them every little thing instead?

• Like Like x 3
  20. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Maybe the next DLC will live up to the hype, can only hope. ;)

21. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

This is maybe one of my favourite threads ever. Some really cool speculation/detective work going on in here!

Not gonna confirm or deny any of your guesses though ;)

- Jay

• Like Like x 3
  22. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Where waiting for the next hint ;)

• Like Like x 1
  23. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

We've got the stagehands setting up spotlight 2 as we speak, stay tuned.

- Jay

• Like Like x 4
  24. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Massively appreciated. The game still has a long way to go, but we are fully committed to getting it up to the standards you guys expect and with your feedback, input and support, we're getting there.

- Jay

• Like Like x 7
  25. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

I am definitely hyped after reading this!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Me too!
    It starts to reassure me.
    Strongly following ....

• Like Like x 2
  27. MrAsieru

MrAsieru New Member

Jay, I let you post it...

• Like Like x 1
  28. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

29. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

haha! I'll let you guys have this one.

this time...

- Jay

Attached Files:

30. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

are they headlights - they look like headlights.....(the plumes that are exposed...not the blue lines......)

31. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

32. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

credit to discord user: ProfCreeptonius
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  33. USRailFan007

Thanks NAYDOG. Without a reasonable doubt, it is definitely NEC - NYNH.

34. Typhomat

Really starting to look line New Rochelle is a termiating point but that map might not be to scale either...

• Like Like x 1
  35. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

That would be waaaaay to short I think

• Like Like x 3
  36. USRailFan007

Most definitely is, way too short.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Typhomat

My thoughts exactly too. Jay, is this map a rough size of the route that's planned for release? The guys up top told me you can answer that one ;)

• Like Like x 1
  38. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

short - with an express and a stopper line.....I can see why'd they would stop it there.....but that doesnt mean they should. IF it is true then I can only wonder if theyre struggling with FPS in the urban areas.

• Like Like x 1
  39. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Which guys up top? Who you been talking to? You trying to get me fired?

But the full map will be revealed tomorrow, at which time I'll drop some real details regarding what's in store :)

- Jay

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  40. Lawjester

Yes!!! Finally!! I’ve literally been pulling my hair out speculating what it will be.

• Like Like x 3
  41. USRailFan007

You and me both xD. Can't wait to see what's in store.

42. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

What I find interesting is that the first part that was revealed to us was centre in the graphic. There's an entire smoky void on the left side. Now, I don't know much about the NEC but what would be over there if this is New York?

43. USRailFan007

Can we expect to hear from you at 3pm again Jay?

44. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

That would be Newark Penn Station, NJ

45. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

assume 3pm always.

I think im onto something with the headlights.....but yeah, theyre either trolling us into thinking its a 30 mile route (boo hiss) or we have that AND some part of LIRR, like a 2 in 1 combo meal deal.

• Like Like x 1
  46. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  47. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

For those who are interested:

Between NY Penn Station and New Rochelle there are 19,50 miles
    Services are only carried on by Amtrak Northeast regional
    Metro North trains join the line to new haven at shell interlock just before New Rochelle, coming from Grand Central Terminal
    Total running time between the two stations: from 15 to 20 minutes

• Like Like x 1
  48. Lawjester

I was really hoping we’d get to know what it is today. I don’t see the reason on why they couldn’t just announce it or at least give us a better hint like the one we got yesterday. Today is gonna be the slowest day because all I’ll be thinking about is the ultimate reveal tomorrow!!

• Like Like x 2
  49. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

This is what they want. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  50. USRailFan007

Then stay away from the forums, no matter how juicy the conversation becomes. Even though, it's already at that point xD. Try your hardest to resist checking in until tomorrow 3pm... who am I kidding. I can't even take my own advice lmao. Too much hype!

• Like Like x 2