Bug In Lirr Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nyswat19, Dec 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

Hey everyone.. I ran into a issue with lirr and don't know if its me or the game ..or maybe a misunderstanding..

1) the m7 and m3 horn is very low.. all my audio is high.. just the horn is super low..

2) in journey mode i like to railfan and got the timetable for lirr and I only notice the Hempstead service only... ever hour.. I admit I was very disappointed.. but can someone fix it where every service on the timetable works when railfanning in journey ?

Can someone help me with this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

1.) Yes, this is a legitimate bug thats been plaguing the Preserved Collection ever since release, where nost trains have some bizarre issues with their sounds. I'm not sure if this issue is on the roadmap yet, however.

2. Its actually like that irl. There is only one train per hour traveling in either direction between New York Penn and Hempstead during off-peak hours. During rush-hour however, there's usually an extra train or two.
    I believe its the same behavior with trains going between Hempstead and Atlantic Terminal.

Both Journey mode and Service mode use the exact same timetables.
    But journey mode automatically puts you straight onto a service with full control. If you wish to do a bit of railfanning, its easier to go into the 'Explore on Foot' option in the main menu, and spawn at whatever station you wish to spawn in. I recommend trying it out at Jamaica Station, since a vast majority of the LIRR branches stop there.
    I hope this helps :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I think Atlantic Av - Hempstead is 1 train every 20 Mins.

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's a bug that's happening with alot of the preserved collection trains but not gwr which is odd. They decided to rush the product out instead of taking their time to make sure it was working properly bascially.

5. tallboy7648

Here's the timetable for the LIRR Hempstead Branch

Attached Files:

6. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

Last night I left tsw 2 on all night..explore on foot at Jamaica Station at 8pm... I was up for a while just watching and only the Hempstead service is running.. no trains going to Hicksville, or penn station :( im I doing something wrong maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

Well there are ronkonkoma branch trains running in the game around after 8pm. With pis coming to that route soon, you will know when the next ronkonkoma branch train will arrive

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZeenozPlays

Nah, they did wrong by the real timetable. There aren't enough services.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ZeenozPlays

That is a cluster... of a timetable. What I made out of it is trains to/from Hempstead come about every 5-10 mins.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

That's why there are some people asking for more services and a complete overhaul to the lirr timetable in the game. It's simply not realistic in the game. They are way more services in the route

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. tallboy7648

Here is the timetable for the MTA Long Island Railroad Ronkonkoma Branch

Attached Files:

12. ZeenozPlays

Please. Never send me another MTA timetable. I love them to death but GD they can't make an understandable one.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tallboy7648

LOL. They are hard to understand but I get it. I wish though the MTA would make a simple timetable to make it easier to understand

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZeenozPlays

I think it’s cuz the MTA basically has no timetable. It’s basically like, “the train gets here when it gets here”.

Minus the part where dispatch gets on your... saying “where’s all that LOST TIME”.

• Like Like x 2
  15. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

I wonder i ask this question before in the first tsw... but is it bow possible to edit the timetable for explore of foot?.. and yes they do need to redo the lirr route.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZeenozPlays

Only DTG can do that themselves... to my knowledge at least.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tallboy7648

Yeh it's not possible for the player unless they give the player the option to create their own 24 hour custom timetable

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

That's probably the case

19. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

I feel DTG should make a option for players to create there own 24 7 timetable and also give more access to track junctions.. and sliding

• Like Like x 2
  20. ZeenozPlays

Yes, they should allow us to make our own. Chances of them providing us with those tools are low.

• Like Like x 2
  21. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

That's the problems.. thats why I'm still between 2 train sims trainz 2012 and tsw... but if tsw can let players custom there own stuff and add on the road map to expand scenarios tools and at least add a round trip option.. and a option to spawn on foot and give players to either take control of a train or ride..but let's see .. maybe one day

22. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Not sure why you think you can’t, but spawning on foot has been pert of the simulation ever since the beginning ang you can take over any AI service you want.

23. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

I have entered trains on tsw and alot of service I see it wouldn't allow me too.. for some reason and yes its a great perk to walk around and travel..b
    But lack of service kills it :((

• Like Like x 1
  24. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

All you have to do is sit in drivers seat to take over a service. Didn’t comment rather service levels, agree would like to see more services that would be prototypical for the route.

• Like Like x 1
  25. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

The timetable in game actually really is 'accurate' to the content that's in the game.
    The issue as to why there's not a lot of traffic on the LIRR is twofold:
    1.) The M7's in game are actually rather performance heavy. Having more than two or three trains in the same area really takes a toll on framerate.

2.) Theres only like three or four branches included in the DLC, when in reality there's a ton of trains going to different locations. But those locations aren't modeled in game so why bother? There's not much performance headroom on the LIRR which is indeed its own separate issue.

However, I'll say it again, the timetable actually is accurate for the branches that are included. I know that recent DLCs, specifically HMA, it has the exact DB September 2020 timetable replicated in game, right down to the exact time.
    On older routes like the LIRR, I don't think the times are the same, but the trains-per-hour certainly is. The MTA timetables are pretty cluttered, but the information is there.
    Between Hempstead and New York Penn, there's indeed one train departing in either direction once per hour on off-peak hours. (Service mode in TSW replicates the Monday - Friday scheduling, if I'm not mistaken).
    According to the LIRR timetable within TSW, there is no rush hour apparently and it basically operates off-peak services all the time. Its different on a route-by-route basis

This already does exist in game in the form of scenario editor. You can basically make your own timetable. In its current state its rather rudimentary, but there's talks about allowing more pathing options, and allowing the players to use more platforms as they wish. This is being addressed on the roadmap right now, I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

The timetable is innacurate mate for the Hempstead and Ronkonkoma branches during the period set. I've been using the Hempstead Branch for over a decade and not one time did I have to wait 45 minutes to an hour for a train at Atlantic Terminal Brooklyn or at Hempstead to show up. There was always a train every 10-15 minutes apart from each other so they got it wrong on that side. There isn't only 3 trains that run on the Hempstead branch from Atlantic Terminal Brooklyn to Hempstead in real life from personal experience taking the line for over a decade. In the game there are two branches which are the Ronkonoma branch and Hempstead Branch. Technically there is 3 which is the Port Washington branch that is the stupid shuttle service from Penn Station to Woodside but to be honest, DTG shouldn't have included that because it's practically pointless. Services to Belmont Park are part of the Hempstead Branch

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. ZeenozPlays

It is not. IRL, the LIRR is much, much more busier with trains coming every 5-15 mins on the Hempstead branch. In the game, you have to wait about an hour. When looking at the schedule, there's about 1-2 trains per hour between Penn - Hempstead , while Atlantic Term - Hempstead is about 1-3.

They still could've added the services from Atlantic Term to Ronkonkoma or Jamaica, the services to Long Island City, and remove the Port Washington services

• Like Like x 1
  28. ZeenozPlays

Yeah. Trains are much more frequent.

• Like Like x 1
  29. tallboy7648

Hempstead to Ronkonkoma wouldn't make any sense and does not exist but services from Ronkonkoma to Jamaica do exist

30. ZeenozPlays

Damn, I mean Atlantic Term. oops.

• Like Like x 1
  31. tallboy7648

Lol. Now Services from Jamaica to Atlantic Terminal Brooklyn do exist and would be cool

32. ZeenozPlays

All I want is a realistic recreation of my own city's Railroad System.

• Like Like x 1
  33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t understand how you could get that from the timetable. The trains go to and from Hempstead every hour except at peak times when there is no repeating pattern but no more than three trains an hour max. Later evening trains are not evenly spaced but still only one every hour or so. Weekend services are every hour.

34. ZeenozPlays

What I recently said after I looked over the timetable again: “...the LIRR is much, much more busier with trains coming every 5-15 mins on the Hempstead branch. In the game, you have to wait about an hour. When looking at the schedule, there's about 1-2 trains per hour between Penn - Hempstead , whileAtlantic Term - Hempstead is about 1-3.”

• Like Like x 1
  35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

8pm is a bad time to try railfanning at Jamaica as there are hardly any services in the game at that time or later. 11am would be a better time. If you’re expecting the kind of numbers of trains passing through Jamaica in real life, then you are not going to get anywhere close to that because only two destinations in each direction are covered in the game, not the huge number of places you can get trains to from there in real life.

36. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

Alright do I did some further testing at 10am at Jamaica station.. and only Hempstead...trains are coming 1 m7 and the other m3... going back to atlantic. If I start at Penn Station I get 1 train going to Ronkonkoma but after I get off at the last stop .. haven't seen any in 3 hours and still waiting :( I wonder why no other service spawns for me.. only Hempstead service spawns every one

• Like Like x 1
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

On that real timetable there are 26 trains that go to Hempstead. In the game there are 45 trains that go to Hempstead. So I’d say the game is much, much busier. Similar numbers for the return journey. Or am I missing something?

38. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

is journey mode also 24 7?

39. ZeenozPlays

The MTA timetables don’t list all services. Most of the time the MTA sends extra trains out to cope with the demand. Looking at the schedule for this morning, there are trains coming at 7:34, 7:52, and 8:03. And that’s off-peak, only out of Penn Station.

The 26 trains on the Timetable are “definite” services. Now that I think about it, the MTA really is all over the place. I guess that’s it’s charm.

• Like Like x 2
  40. ZeenozPlays

It only includes services “to Ronkonkoma”. IRL you would see Babylon and more, that’s somewhat accurate with no trains coming for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Journey has a mix of timetable services and scenarios. For railfanning you are best starting from the main menu and go through Explore and Explore on Foot menu items then select the station you want. If you want to see all the trains you should expect to see at any station you can use this excellent website to select a route and station and it tells you all the scheduled trains...

https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com/route/3

• Like Like x 2
  42. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

One thing that may be happening is that if you drive a train somewhere and then return to explore on foot after it finishes, the game doesn’t recognise that you have left the train and that train will just stay there until you take over another train. If you don’t take over another train and stay on foot, this can stop other trains from coming as your previous train is blocking the station. That’s why it’s always best to start afresh from the main menu and spawn at the station you want to watch trains at.

• Like Like x 2
  43. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Okay, I’ve tested this but on PS4, so not proper test conditions for PC.

I went to main menu, through Explore and Explore on Foot options and spawned at Jamaica at 0955. The first train arrived almost immediately and then there was an expected wait of over half an hour for the next train. All 10 trains that I expected to come between 1031 and 1130 all arrived and then departed as expected and I can see from the map that the next 4 or 5 are all heading my way. In fact, as I am typing, the next two have arrived and departed too. It’s 1140 game time and I’m concluding my test by saying everything is working as expected on PS4. Anyone care to test on PC?

• Like Like x 1
  44. tallboy7648

That's the MTA charm indeed since the Long Island Railroad is the busiest railroad in the United States but not reflected in the game by the two branches in the game

• Like Like x 1
  45. ZeenozPlays

Yup, if only it was shown in the game like that. Based on my experience though, PATH is more crowded.

• Like Like x 1
  46. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Theres actually a Atlantic Term to Ronkonkoma service in real life but barely 1 or 2 peak direction...I've seen at least one when u take a Hempstead(I think 4:32pm) out of Penn Station to Jamaica for a Ronkonkoma local train(originating from Atlantic Term)

• Like Like x 1
  47. tallboy7648

I didn't know Ronkonkoma Branch trains ran from Atlantic Terminal Brooklyn to Ronkonkoma. Probably because it hardly runs at all

48. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Ohhh yea theres about 1 or 2 to Atlantic Terminal am peak and 2 from Atlantic Terminal to Ronkonkoma pm peak...one might be out cuz of the pandemic schedule...theres even 1 Huntington to Atlantic Term am peak(pm peak back to Huntington bypassing Jamaica)..but again that's only rush hour peak direction only

• Like Like x 1
  49. tallboy7648

I see

50. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Dude, the LIRR lacks services compared to real life, it's a well known fact, so what the hell are you talking about? Or you're trying to tell me that Jamaica station has 10 tracks to only see 2 trains at the same time max?

Look at any picture or video of LIRR and you'll see trains all around. In game, you're happy to see 2 or 3 AI services in a 1 hour long ride. There are only a few moments in certain services that meet up perfectly with other services, where you have several trains around you, so you actually feel like you're on the LIRR... for like 2 minutes.

Maybe the timetables are acceptable for the accessible lines we have in the game, but in real life the LIRR is much bigger and have trains going to other branches on Long Island, so there are much more trains on the central part that we get in the game. If those services got included as AI only services (like there are AI only services on the GWE) or driveable services to Hicksville (where the AI takes over and drives off the map), it would greatly increase the traffic and it would look good.

As for the performance being bad because the M7 is performance heavy... well optimize it better? Also the signalling system is also buggy on LIRR, which I think might be another reason for the lacking timetable. LIRR needs an overhaul where they improve the signalling system, optimize the model of the M7, give it more services and maybe improve the scenery by actually adding the whiste posts and such.

Then let's not even talk about the totally inaccurate scenery at some places. But that's the least at this point. It's such a loveable route, I wish they fixed it.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.