Tsw...problem Completing Sign In Profile

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by dbw, Feb 21, 2018.

1. dbw

dbw New Member

just bought tsw from steam. Trying to start the game a profile must be completed. The game will not let me complete a profile. If there was a manual that covered this or some guidance docs I would have some idea what I’m doing wrong. I would like to get started with fsw but I am so far unable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the profile for Dovetail Live then you can skip that until later. If you want to have a Dovetail Live login then you're probably better off registering at live.dovetailgames.com directly and then using that login at a later stage. There's a link to a manual on the TSW store page but it doesn't really say that much about profiles.

3. dbw

dbw New Member

I simply am not permitted to enter the game without completing a profile. It has me select a face then it requires you to input a name and no matter what name i put in it is rejected and thus I am not permitted to proceed into the game.

This is beyond silly. I have spent over an hour trying to figure this out ...no success. I have sent a ticket to Dovetail...No response.

Ir this doesn't get resolved soon I will contact steam and request a refund...

4. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Someone else reported the same problem in the Steam forums a few weeks ago.

5. dbw

dbw New Member

I wonder how it was resolved...if it was resolved.

I'm mainly a flight simmer who has a secondary interest in trains and this TSW looked to be very good from a realism standpoint which got my attention so I bought. Last Just at a flight simmer conference is met the DoveTail people who are involved with their newest flight sim program and these people seemed totally into their product. One individual gave me his card and even responded to a question via email I sent him afterwards. From this I am really surprised about the lack of response from the Train side of Dovetail.

I did not buy this to be frustrated and go on a semi-rant on a forum....I just want to use their product. Sure glad i did not spend more and get one of the high speed rail packages though I did think about it as it looked interesting.

6. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

7. dbw

dbw New Member

Thanks for the reply. It's a good size download so before I do this I will give Dovetail a little longer to reply. All the best......

8. dbw

dbw New Member

Just got a response from Dovetail with a couple suggestions. I'll give them a try and report back. Cheers...

9. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Maybe taking a screenshot and post it here. I think that we can better see it and help then

10. dbw

dbw New Member

They suggested I go have a look at my virus protection. I was sure I'd turned it off but regardless it (BitDefender) caught a file. I instructed Bitdefender to unblock it and now all is well. Did not even cross my mind. I will never claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers.

I apologise to DoveTail for something I should have thought to look for. I would like to acknowledge their polite and helpful, concise suggestions.

Good product support.

Dave

11. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Great! And welcome in the train world ;)

12. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Never heard of this issue before. Good information to have for sure. Glad you got it fixed and I hope you're enjoying your time with the game!