The Catch Since Playing A Few Questions..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chizzckh, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Since buying this in early Nov, I have been playing this pretty relentlessly and although I have a lot of experience with other Dovetail fishing titles pre the Catch. I do have a few question, more for peace of mind.

1) I see quite often that the advice when looking for boss fish or larger fish is to try either Night or Sunrise. I don't seem to have a great deal of luck myself out of these two times either for Boss or general catches. Has anyone found any species in game or even venue that particularly night and sunrise are not the times to fish?

2) There are a multitude of reels and rods to use. Is there much or any difference between the various on offer? I of course understand gear ratio or rod action does have some affect but thinking more if you have a rod of the same size and action will there be any difference between them other than aesthetics? Same for reels with identical gear ration?

3) Is there anyway to stop ledger baits moving in the current? Talking really the Ebro. In my still failure to catch the Bull, the spot in other posts that has been shown to catch him/her. I often find keeping my hook in the spot is near impossible and quite often within in a minute or so its drifted a long way from where I want it. Am I missing something that will stop this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Chizzckh, hope my answers help out -

1) Time of day for Boss Fish/larger fish varies throughout. For example, you can catch carp in the afternoon but you'll have better catch rates at sunrise. This applies to all fish, they can be caught all day but you'll find catch rates lower if you aren't fishing at optimal times. Another example is Eel on River Ebro they are a lot more active at night time.

2) A lot of the equipment (apart from the ratios, types of baits/lures and types of rods) is down to aesthetics. You can have your favourite brand of the rod along with reel and have your own personal setup that best suits you.

3) What kind of setup are you using on River Ebro?

3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Using this setup currently but still find im getting loads of drift from original spot cast too and where the baits end up in a fairly quick time. 20201217_153806.jpg

4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Chizzckh, looks like you are using the correct setup. I will pass on feedback to the team in regards to the current on the river. Thank you for sending that picture through.

• Like Like x 1