M3 - Will It Ever Receive Its First Patch?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LucasLCC, Dec 15, 2020.

1. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The M3 was delivered in a quire frankly poor state, with a number of bugs. These bugs still remain from release, and there hasn't been a single patch to it.

- If you're using a controller, pressing B (or Circle on PS4 I believe) will cause an emergency brake application. This is made worse by the TSW2 menu exit bug, where closing the menu by pressing B also registers in game... Therefore, if you close the menu by pressing B, you get an emergency brake application.

- Several textures in the cab are Rivet Games quality. They're blurred and rather poor.

- The sound distorts as you walk down the train.

- The horn gets quieter with the window open.

- Whilst not a bug exactly, the door sounds are from the very different M7.

Please can these be looked at? The M3 is the purchase I regret the most due to the immersion being completely missing.

• Like Like x 4
  2. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Hiya, apologies that the LIRR and M3 are suffering from some quality issues. Thank you for posting a summary of what ideally needs to be addressed. Can I ask (if you haven't already) to submit these details in a ticket via our Kayako Support system? This will give the report an ID number that makes it easier to track through our systems.

I can assure you the LIRR and M3 will get updates, fixes, and improvements if needed, but unfortunately, I cannot confirm when that will be. Please keep an eye on the Roadmap for details about what we are aware of and working on.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Now, you see, what's happened here is that Adam has forgotten that I'm back from holiday. Please disregard the actual words he's used and instead add the following to your expected outcome here:

"Hiya, thanks for giving us your feedback on the M3. If you could submit this summary through out support system it'll be helpful when we're evaluating any changes we need to make.

We're working through all the feedback we've had on the M3 (and everything else for that matter) when it comes to prioritising what is tackled first by the Preservation Crew. Once we've moved onto the M3 it will be listed on the Roadmap
    ."

Love Adam to bits, but as you know already he may have the slightest tendency to write an awful lot of cheques he's not yet factored in the time to cover.

• Like Like x 5
  4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Rip Adam tho for what he typed

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Both yourself and Adam have said to report the bug through Kayako even though you are both aware of the issues raised from the post. I know this has been posted in the wrong section of the forum but I thought all bug reports were logged even if they are reported through the forum. I was under the impression that the two systems complimented each other rather than only one being the correct way to report an issue. Why does the OP have to repeat his report through Kayako when he has already used the other reporting system, the forum (and got two acknowledgments from DTG staff)? That isn’t the usual reply for a forum bug report.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

LiRR lives matter lol I'm watching these topics

7. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Because they're both tracked - Kayako is automatically tracked when something is submitted. Forum reports are graded according to the additional information provided by multiple reporters, or comments added to a thread before then being added to Kayako by the community manager. It's a belt and braces approach that ensure the best possible report.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just an aside - for my North American brethren “ Belts and Braces” is the British equivalent to our “Belts and Suspenders” Learned that little tidbit when I was running a training course for Cable and Wireless in Coventry UK and was explaining a firewall architecture and used the North American phrase the class lost it and explained the difference in terms. The US and UK two countries separated by a common language... :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I never thought I would hear suspenders and firewall in the same sentence

• Like Like x 2
  10. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've posted in the bug report section in the past. This has not led to any resolution and the lack of action is why I've posted this. I can copy paste this into Kayako, but this does ask the question why the bug report section is insufficient.

I tried a run on the M3 the other day and the emergency brake in particular meant I quit before finishing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Classic architecture in developing DMZs and such and described in many early tomes on network architecture ... firmly referred to as Belt and Braces hence forth by this consultant :)

12. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

This is why we have Community Managers and why I'm not one of them! :)

Runs back to continue working.

• Like Like x 10
  13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I mean to be fair they do have so much on their plate and these are similar issues on the M7 that you reported to the m3 as well.

LIRR M7 issues
    -Sound cutting out when your in free cam when the train is moving. Only the first two cars of the train has proper sound compared to other cars.
    -Low quality emergency exit display textures on the M7 when next to the passenger door.
    -Horn cutting out when you have the windows open.
    -Improper lighting at Penn Station. M7 train is too bright.

Now imma send a ticket about the issues about the m7 to Kayako and these issues probably won't be fixed anytime soon. But I do hope that the issues with the m3 and m7 are resolved soon. It's simply ridiculous that the m3 and m7 were released in such a bad state and this should not have happened.