Bug In Lirr Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nyswat19, Dec 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I was replying about the specific Hempstead services that others were saying there are many more of in real life than in the game. Armed with a copy of the game and the actual timetable posted above, I have shown that to be untrue. You can’t argue with the facts, the game has more Hempstead services. Jamaica is busier in real life as there are lots of other services which pass through it, as you say, and the whole LIRR network is very busy. I know that. I’m not daft. I wasn’t talking about that though. I was only talking about the Hempstead services. There are other services in the game that I didn’t include either, the ones that go to Ronkonkoma (Hicksville in game).

• Like Like x 1
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

My question to you is have you a frequent user of the Long Island Railroad Hempstead branch in real life for the last 10 years? I would assume not so how can you say the timetable in tsw2 is accurate when I'm a frequent user of that branch for the last 10 years and there have been way more Hempstead branch services in real life then in the game. You don't get 2-3 Hempstead branch trains running to/from Atlantic Terminal Brooklyn and you don't have to wait a whole hour for a Hempstead branch train to arrive at all. Over the last 10 years that I've used the branch, I've had to wait at least 5-20 minutes for a Hempstead Branch train

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tallboy7648

The M7 was not greatly optimized when running next or past another m7 so that's dtg's fault. The LIRR could use a overhaul on the timetable, signaling and optimization of the M7. The scenery is woefully innacurate in a lot of parts of the route as well

• Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I never said it was accurate. I actually said there were more services to and from Hempstead in the game than in real life. How did I work that out? I read the timetable that YOU posted a link to. I believe the timetable produced by the company that run the services more than your anecdotal evidence of how long you waited for a train. There may well be other trains running on parts of the branch but I was talking specifically about trains that go to Hempstead. Everybody is in agreement that the LIRR is busier in real life when all the trains are included. They go to so many other places. If you aren’t going all the way to Hempstead there will be other trains you can catch that go to where you are going.

I would question why you think there are more trains to Hempstead than there actually are if you are a frequent user. The timetable is there for you to read with all the trains to Hempstead listed. Some go from NY Penn, some go from Atlantic Terminal, and the timetable even shows connecting services (with a J for changing at Jamaica) for when there isn’t a direct train. There are more services to Hempstead depicted in TSW than in the timetable, with some from both NY Penn and AT. That is a fact.

5. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Even if DTG couldnt run past Hicksville, there still shouldve been at least another train service(half hour type) cuz the main line consists of Huntington and Ronkonkoma(EMUs) to me the main line(NYP-Hicksville) in the game shouldve been possibly half hour per train...and they still sent Ronkonkoma trains off the wrong branch after Hicksville!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I agree with you fully, but maybe calm down a little?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ZeenozPlays

Did I not say earlier in this thread that the MTA DOES NOT display all services on the official timetable?? The timetable is always inaccurate, which is why the MTA encourages people to download the MYMTA App to actually know when your train is coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. ZeenozPlays

I'm sure they'll fix that soon with the Preserved Team.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

The timetable does not display all the services but of course you wouldn't know that. When I use the lirr, I use the mymta app to know when the train is coming and believe me, Hempstead branch services are more frequent on the app than on the timetable simply because it wouldn't fit on the mta timetable and the MTA tend to add more services during rush hour so what you said was not a fact. The tsw lirr timetable is innacurate as to what it would be in real life so I don't understand why you keep trying to argue that there are more services in the game when that is simply not the case especially if you don't even use the LIRR Hempstead Branch in real life

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

That is true. Ronkonkoma Branch trains turn right after leaving Hicksville as all Ronkonkoma branch trains do. They don't turn left because that is the Port Jefferson branch. I feel like they could've added the port jefferson branch trains that would terminate at Huntington to make the main line that we run on in the game more busier. But I guess they weren't bothered to do it

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZeenozPlays

Please keep this peaceful. People will start thinking all NY Railfans like to do is to argue.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MrbKlegend89

Also the Hempstead trains in NYP should use at least tracks 15 at times and also use the other East River Tunnels(also use by Amtrak and deadhead NJ transit)..the corny shuttles to Woodside should use a bit of tracks 20 and 21 in the game

• Like Like x 2
  13. MrbKlegend89

I admit I felt DTG sometimes was a bit lazy on LIRR...but for me I jus wished they wouldve included the route to Huntington, Port Washington(if not whole route then at least to Great Neck), and at least to Farmingdale(Ronkonkoma full route would take a bit longer to do)...and that's where it stops...I understand every LIRR cant make TSW jus like passenger type DLCs cant make on the ECW, and couple of German ones(although few need a bit of an extension route as well)...I jus feel the LIRR is NOT busy as it should, not saying include every timetable like real life, but it needs to feel a bit busy...181 services with too many hour apart type services is NOT it...then L.I City and Hunterspoint Av are STILL ghost town when there shouldve included DE30AC(they claimed not enough info which made me not believe them)..I appreciate LIRR was even thought of to include in the game but way too many inaccuracies on that DLC, and I'm sure other DLCs have many inaccuracies as well and the customers point it out..

• Like Like x 2
  14. tallboy7648

They got the tracks where tbe train should be in penn station wrong as well. SMH

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZeenozPlays

They could've done two separate LIRR DLC's. One for all Electrified Routes/Stations, and another for Only Diesel.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MrbKlegend89

Yea that's also like this ain't it...you thought that was bad, I laugh at the end of the Suburban Sunset run lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. MrbKlegend89

U mean when the diesels are included in the current LIRR game or u mean just plain diesel type DLC only...idk if I'm making sense here

18. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

They also mentioned port Jefferson on one of the new scenarios including the M3 going to Huntington but you only go to Hicksville they should add the dual mode diesel locomotives if they added port Jefferson.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tallboy7648

I agree that the lirr felt lazy. The amount of inaccuracies is quite mind boggling as well. Some sounds of the M3 being recycled from the m7 such as the doors closing sound that is in the m7 is unrealistic and was a bit lazy especially when Matt said that they got the sounds as realistic to how it would be in real life which wasn't really the case. I'm glad that they even made the lirr because it was very unexpected and I use it alot but the final product felt lazy at times and the lack of services on the Hempstead and Ronkonkoma branch killed the immersion because those branch lines are much busier than they are portrayed in the game. I hope we get an upgraded timetable for both the Hempstead and Ronkonkoma branches and more lines added for the lirr in the future because it has a lot of potential in the game

• Like Like x 2
  20. tallboy7648

If they added thr full port Jefferson branch, the de30ac would have to be made since after Huntington station, it's not electrified

• Like Like x 1
  21. ZeenozPlays

Diesel type DLC.

Or, just finally complete the current LIRR Branches.

22. ZeenozPlays

They've been talking about people getting in touch to help them with sounds. Hopefully, they can get someone to record the IRL sounds and send it to them to put it in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tallboy7648

Hopefully the sounds can be improved soon. Especially now. Heck the route is unplayable because of the woefully horrible sounds and how the sounds cut out in the m7

• Like Like x 1
  24. mrchuck

I hope they’ll do the diesel locomotives sometime in the future here’s a picture of the dual mode diesel locomotive that dovetail will need to create.

Attached Files:

25. tallboy7648

They would have to make a new line if they added the diesel trains. They could do the Oyster Bay branch which turns left after leaving mineola. It goes from penn station via mineola to Oyster Bay

26. mrchuck

And the tracks on the mineola Branch go left and they go half way to east Williston which is the first station on the oyster bay Branch.

• Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

Those tracks go so far that I wonder if they were considering making it go all the way to East Williston

28. mrchuck

I don’t know but today the Lirr Hicksville Route was updated about 5 hours ago on the SteamDb for TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  29. tallboy7648

What was the update for the lirr route about

30. mrchuck

I don’t know but I think it was the departure boards and platforms i hope we’ll be getting the diesel locomotives along with the oyster bay Branch or port Jefferson Branch.

• Like Like x 1
  31. tallboy7648

ohh that sounds cool. even though there are various sound issues with the route. Heck, I don't play the route because of the sound problems

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  32. mrchuck

Well I hope they’ll do a lirr locomotive like the diesel locomotives sometime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  33. tallboy7648

I hope that the de30s get added soon. Maybe they can even add the MP15AC to the lirr

34. ZeenozPlays

Yeah the DM30AC and the C3 cars. I'm not a big fan of diesel, but these are BEASTS.

• Like Like x 1
  35. 5cip

5cip Active Member

4 miles ahead of new york penn the signal stays red in this scenario #2 :Suburban sunset.................

36. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

5cip I appreciate it's frustrating experiencing bugs which have been around for a long time, however please update yourself with the forum rules regarding thread bumping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.