Tsw 2 - High Speed Heaven

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 4, 2020.

1. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

LGV Nord is complex because at the other end at Paris Gare du Nord it has a lot of signals and tracks/switches so they need to improve framerate so it won’t be a mess like HMA

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

Aix-En-Provence

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

I wished if that route was Marseille-Valence and also Nimes. That would give you different destinations. Since you can do Valence- Marseille, Valence- Nimes and Marseille-Nimes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Well lets see what the stream is like tonight and ask any questions you may have.

• Like Like x 3
  5. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I wonder if the chat on the stream will just be people complaining

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

If people bring the inaccuracies up once or twice, it’s fine, but if they continue on, it’s a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to seeing all the people talking about the rather small section of the route where the catenary is a tad different from what they expected. I’m gonna be putting that one on my bingo card...

Seriously, is it that big of a deal? When flying by at speeds of more than 300 kph, I don’t think you’ll notice the difference.

• Like Like x 4
  8. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to seeing this – and running it!

I think one thing too easily overlooked in all the gripes posted here Is the great job DTG did establishing an LZB system in TSW2 and integrating it with PZB. That alone was worth the price of TSW2 to me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

Congratulations all involved, a beautiful route & loco and great all round functionality.

Issues from the stream -
    KM from Avignon westbound -
    63 rock outcrops look a little 2D (perhaps it was speed blur tho)
    59 slight terrain track encroachment
    ---
    From Aix eastbound -
    Aix viaduct eastbound terrain track encroachment
    5.2 rock cutting repeated rock images

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Crocodile does not work at release. It is supposed to be added sometime later.Unfortunately an unfinished DLC.
    In addition, only the one livery and no plans for other Locos so also no Reseau :(

• Like Like x 3
  11. ZeenozPlays

Remove the one livery part and I’d agree that it’s unfinished.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As much as I get your point, the section being wrong is the one in Marseille with top speeds only up to 160 and in the station itself... where you're stationary.

• Like Like x 2
  13. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

My review on the stream here:

• Like Like x 4
  14. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

They put the real sound instead of the Dasye one like on TS ! It’s good looking overall and I can’t wait to get this route.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I was glad to hear that a manual is coming. And, the varying gradient should make it a challenge to stay on time. Also, the "French Horn" sounded great.

The scenarios look interesting as well. I wonder if there are plans to release additional scenario packs for routes such as this.

16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

What the Hell is this Crocodile?

17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It's like French AWS.

• Like Like x 1
  18. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Watching the stream on YouTube. It does look good. And although not the most complicated route attempted in terms of number of tracks, number of stations, number of services, etc., it it worthy of praise that the engine has been optimised now to the point that it can actually run pretty smoothly when you're blasting through the scenery at 200mph. That is itself quite an achievement!

How much did the auto-gen scenery help with building out the route in the end? Did it still save a lot of time for the scenery artists, even accounting for them going back to add or fix details generated by the software?

19. jeremydunn8

So after watching the stream, I think it looks amazing. They’ve added some features, like dynamic weather and better platform wetness that will continue to evolve this game. But if I were to make one suggestion, it would be to change the lighting.

Im not sure if it’s an issue with this route in particular, or with all of them, but in the stream, everything seemed a bit dark and appeared to bring out too many warm colors. It’s hard to explain, so I’ll just show you. The first picture is the original, and I edited the second one to show what I think lighting should be like.

224B076E-B746-425A-A0CD-C0E1A8B4560D.jpeg
    2C38801A-9CCE-4A4F-B951-460F294C576B.jpeg

Also, look up pictures of the real thing, and you’ll see the second photo appears more accurate. Thanks for your consideration. :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I found out that there is a daily direct connection between Frankfurt and Marseille, which is driven alternatly by an ICE3M and a TGV Duplex. So it is a realistic option to drive a BR406 on the LGV Mediterrannée: Marseille-Avignon route with full speed at 330 km/h, by simply using the Scenario Planner in "Off the Rails" mode!

Streckennetz F-D b.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  21. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

or DTG slapping the ICE3M to the route :P

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I do wonder whether the lighting model takes into account the latitude of the route. The intensity of the Sun will depend on where you are. LGV is much further south than say NTP or TVL, and the lighting should reflect that. I think that is why the Mediterranian always looks so bright and Blackpool - not so much :D

• Like Like x 2
  23. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The BR406 doesn’t go to France anymore due to reliability issues it’s only the BR407 from the Eurostar you can see at Marseille too, just to give a precision but it would be fun to finally take up to 320 kph both ICE3 from the game

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

I was wondering - Would you be able to run the TGV on the HS1 part of the Southeastern High Speed Route?

25. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Probably, especially with scenario planner
    Although timetable would be ideal

édit: I realize this would be super funky because they don’t run in the same place in real life, so OP do you mean in scenario planner?

26. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Of course you can with the scenario editor + off the rail mode

27. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I’m wondering on southeastern high speed will the TGV TVM system allow the TGV to be able do speeds over 140 or only be able do 140 and the class 395 on LGV lines be able do Over 140?

28. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Both HSL1 and LGV Sud-Est are equipped with the TVM430. The Duplex 200 series too so if you’ll use it on HS1 it should work fine and personally I think they will take the same TVM mechanism for the Southeastern HSL

• Like Like x 1
  29. heinz.knokke

heinz.knokke New Member

Too bad they could'nt be bothered to put the correct catenary near Marseilles. I'm pretty sure they won't even bother to update it later on.

Anyway, I'll wait till this route is extended to Lyon. In TS20XX, the route started to be really interesting only once the second part was added, and particularly because it was possible to use freeware (or the payware excellent Simexpress stuff) french loco and rolling stock to add more variety and replay value. Since any additional rolling stock has zero chance of being made into TSW, the replayability and variety of the route is greatly reduced in comparison to TS20XX.

• Like Like x 7
  30. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I expect to have a reasonable idea how to drive this train by the end of tonight's stream, because there is a lot to learn and I think people will be put off if it looks as difficult as it did in parts last week!

31. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I think you'll be waiting a very long time for that to be done, if ever. :)

• Like Like x 2
  32. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Personally I am going to skip Marseille-Avignon and save my money for the London-Faversham route.

That one will also feature the TVM430 signalling in the Class 395 but there will be more to do with the Class 375 providing a commuter stopping service between Ebbsfleet - Faversham. If Power switching is your thing than you get to switch over to the third rail section between Ebbsfleet - Faversham

Unfortunately there just doesn't seem like a lot of meat to the bone with this one...with just a 30min run with single stop (even shorter if you run a non-stop service) and the 1 loco

Possibly in the future if they release more DLC for it such as the Sud-Est in the classic orange livery for instance, it may be more worth it....but as it stands, I'll save my $

• Like Like x 8
  33. ZeenozPlays

Same, saving for the Faversham Route. There isn't enough in the LGV Route to make me actually want it, and as you've already said, you basically get the same thing (except maybe the speeds) with the London-Faversham Route.

• Like Like x 3
  34. jeremydunn8

I'm thinking I'll buy this one tomorrow. The only issue I can see so far is that the lighting is out of whack, but besides that, I'm actually looking forward to it. By no means does it have nothing to do, having all of the signaling systems and the pantograph change. I also know a bit of French, so maybe for once I'll understand the language on the train itself.

35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m concerned about reports already coming in of the cab signalling not working correctly. I’ll keep my eye on it, it might just be a small bug with a simple fix, but the cab signalling in LIRR never got to the point where it worked properly. It’s essential it works 100% in this route, as there are no other signals to fall back on.

• Like Like x 4
  36. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

‎Agreed, me too)

37. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Shouldn't there be a manual for the TGV? Or have I misunderstood something?

• Like Like x 1
  38. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I did not think there was a Southeastern High Speed in TSW2?

In TS20xx you can happily run the TGV Duplex up to line speed from St Pancras to Ebbsfleet and you can run the Class 395 up to 140kmh on the Marseille - Avignon route

39. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s been on the roadmap for a significant amount of time now.
    upload_2020-12-17_13-26-31.png

• Like Like x 1
  40. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes but still not built so difficult to know the answer to the question I answered

41. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

If it is on the road map it will be put into the game, it's release will likely be early next year.

42. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing about the route coming in to TSW2
    The question was asked
    "I’m wondering on southeastern high speed will the TGV TVM system allow the TGV to be able do speeds over 140 or only be able do 140 and the class 395 on LGV lines be able do Over 140?"
    I was pointing out that as the route in not in TSW2 YET it is a difficult question to answer.

WHAT IS DIFFICULT ABOUT THAT TO UNDERSTAND?

43. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I'd say 395 on LGV will be limited by its own construction speed and TGV on SEHS will be limited by line speeds. Although I guess the game won't be holding you back from trying to squeeze everything from the 395 to get over its normal top speed.

44. ZeenozPlays

Not guaranteed that it’ll get put into the game. Things can be taken off of the roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  45. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Not very likely if it was "in production" for 4 months...

• Like Like x 4
  46. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Matt has said that it will be in the game, and generally the only things that get taken off of the road map are reported bugs that they cannot reproduce. Or determine that is working the way it's intended to be working.

• Like Like x 1
  47. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I'll be skipping it as well. I don't mind that it's only one train but it's simply too short for the speeds. They should've done Marsaille to Lyon like they had in ts2021 instead of Marsaille to Avingon

48. ZeenozPlays

I’m just stating the fact that it’s not guaranteed something will release when on the roadmap. We all are 95% sure SEHS is actually going to release. And if they take it off of the roadmap, lots of people would have a fit.

• Like Like x 3
  49. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The game will hold you back because you are running on TVM430 which gives a maximum speed to adhere to.
    If you try to go faster the brakes apply

50. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I know but even with 395 TVM might give you 320 km/h you can never even reach with that. I highly doubt the system will go (especially on Off the rails) like "Oh, you're driving a unit that can do a maximum of 230, here's 230"