PlayStation Who Is The Creative Director At Dtg?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Slemcer, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

When I look at the trophies of the new route (LGV) there are some details bothering me:
    - Why is there a trophy for a driving distance of mere 20 km? ... ridiculous
    - Why is it a worth silver to drive 200 km, but only bronze to complete 150 passenger boarding tasks? Even when we complete 50 services it's worth silver. This is incomprehensible and contains a lot of redundancy.
    - There is a scenario called "French Connection" on ECW and now we have a trophy called almost the same? really imaginative ... lol

Although, one positive aspect is that we'll get 10 trophies with this route. Apparently this is even possible on PSN ..... XD

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

These are honestly unescessary critiques of the Trophies on this route...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

If you haven't any other worries

4. Slemcer

I'm sorry that noone feels like me but I had thought it was worth mentioning.
    Obviously there are indeed more serious worries. ;)

5. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

Some people just have to complain about something... give them hard trophies, oh that’s too difficult, then give them easy trophies instead, oh that’s too simple. It’s like DTG are expected to be Aesop’s father and son taking the ass to market.

• Like Like x 1
  6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Grief!
    Hentis

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  7. Slemcer

Well, I was really tempted to just ignore these last replies, but just to sum it up:
    I'm not criticising the simplicity or difficulty of the trophies, but their unimaginativeness and imbalance.
    If someone feels offended by my opinion that's his problem, not mine.

Also, I think everything has been said. This thread shall please be locked. Thanks

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

#lockthethread

9. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that just because you disagree with the topic doesn't mean it should be locked...

I do somewhat agree with Slemcer that the achievements / trophies can be quite unbalanced. Some routes require hundreds of hours to get the achievements, others can be done in one sitting. It would be good if there was a bit more consistency.

10. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I don't disagree, I haven't even read the first message. I said it because of what Slemcer said, just for joking around.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Please.

12. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry completely missed the comment on the previous post!

• Like Like x 1
  13. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Does that unlock a silver trophy

• Like Like x 1
  14. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

No a gold one ;)

15. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

OK, I don't know why this thread got into this direction, but for my point of view, these are valid points.
    The trophy level (bronze, silver, gold) should somehow correlate to its difficulty. This is obviously not the case in this dlc.
    Comments like 'if you haven't any other worries' aren't very constructive and help nobody. You may disagree and argue otherwise but this way is not helpful for a open minded community, with a respectful attitude towards each other.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gronk Honker

Correlation to difficulty is in the eye of the beholder. All trophies are easy to me, but some take longer to grind out. For an eight year old with limited motor skills, things might be different.

In the end, complaining about some subjective alignment of trophies to difficulty is by far and away one of the least important things that a truly open minded community would complain about.

A truly open minded community would accept that the commercial realities of budgeting software development resources within revenue projections means that not everything can be done.

A truly open minded community would therefore support DTG’s decisions to prioritise using its limited resources to triage game-breaking bugs, perform core system updates, maintain/upgrade existing content via preservation team and so forth, rather than wasting time with issues like this that, in the end, contribute zero to playability.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  17. Ps4Player

Yep, it's in the eye of the beholder. Nobody said something different.
    Okay, so you decide what is worth to be mentioned in this forum? Interesting.
    Sorry, but he didn't ask to upgrade the game to unreal five or make the locos fly.
    Still this could be something to be considered in future dlcs. It's not rocket science to see that its easier to drive 200 miles with a high speed train (silver trophy - approximatly 4 - 5 runs) than to complete 150 passenger boarding tasks on a route with 3 stops (approximatly 50 runs - bronze).

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  18. Gronk Honker

It’s amazing how people think that alterations to the trophy coding somehow take no time and impose no overheads.

Again, in the scheme of things, this is a non-issue. A truly open minded player community wouldn’t waste its time trying to pick every last possible interpretation of failure into the game on matters like these that in the end contribute practically nothing to whether you can actually play it or not, or whether it’s satisfying or not. There are a metric tonne of issues more pressing, like DTG guaranteeing it can meet ongoing salary obligations by having new revenue-generating routes to release on a regular schedule.

Basically — the creative decisions have been made regards allocation of trophies here, they’re not incorrect decisions despite your subjective preferences, they’re achievable goals for the average player, and so there’s no point second-guessing DTG’s choices. It’s a waste of time. Just go earn an easy Silver and be thankful.

19. Ps4Player

1. Nobody said anything like that.
    2. Okay, that's your point of view and that's fine. That's what a forum is about.
    3. It's not about the point if they are achievable or not, even if you constantly repeat it.

Have a nice day, I'm out. ;)