West Coast Main Line South Improvements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can check by using the 2 and 3 camera view. If the 2 view goes to the back then it's definitely the wrong way round

2. Larwood

Larwood New Member

I've seen people say the speed limit in Euston station is supposed to be 25, is that true? If so it hasn't been fixed yet.

3. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

Yes, that is correct Screenshot_20201125_165852.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. claggybob

claggybob New Member

Have they also removed the points at the end of P15 & 16 which linked to the middle sidings? (I can imagine they would given everything these days is a glorified Sprinter, but it's a shame because they made for good shunting/run-around etc. operations in scenarios.)

5. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

That image is from the latest sectional appendix which shows it still being there, so I don't think they have.

6. rhnrhn#5363

rhnrhn#5363 New Member

When approaching Euston using Line A, the emergency brake trips when passing over TPWS grid at the final signal, even though the signal is showing single yellow caution. This is regardless of approach speed it trips at 9 mph (significantly lower than the speed limit) and does it in either Quick drive or programmed scenarios regardless also of train driven. Does anybody else experience this / will there be a fix? Thanks.

7. brummie

brummie Active Member

I haven't done a quick drive into Euston but I have completed all the scenarios into there and never had a problem like this. I always make sure I go below 11 mph when approaching those grids!

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Try a QD from Watford Jn Fast to Euston with a Voyager or Pendolino and watch it drop the brakes at the Signal outside because the TPWS Spad has it's links in the wrong place

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Just did that... nothing happened.

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Strange
    You said in another post you got the game refunded a few weeks back as you said it was rubbish - or something like that?

11. Pookeyhead

Which link is in the wrong place?
    It's as finished at will be, and I said I'd wait until it was in a sale, which it was. I got the same 2021 deluxe package you did, so got the Fife Circle line back as well. Plus, looks like I'll need it for the WCML merge which won't be long seeing as missing link phase 3 was released yesterday.

Which link is in the wrong place?

12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The TPWS link is slightly ahead of the 0 link of the signal so it's looking at the end of track signal as the red it's protecting, there is also a buried rogue TPWS under the track there somewhere too.

13. Pookeyhead

I have no weird behaviour though, or brakes being applied.

14. rhnrhn#5363

rhnrhn#5363 New Member

Okay so here's what I have tried:
    Avanti Pendolino (the "new" model that came with WCML South): Runs into Euston via Line A without dropping the emergency brakes when passing the TPWS.
    WCML-S Class 350-1: Runs into Euston via Line A without dropping the emergency brakes when passing the TPWS.
    Original Pendolino Model (from way back when): Drops the brakes when crossing this TPWS.
    Class 350-1 (the Trent Valley model): Drops the brakes when crossing this TPWS.
    Class 370 APT: Drops the brakes when crossing this TPWS.
    AP Class 321: Drops the brakes when crossing this TPWS.
    So the WCML South Default stock doesn't appear to have TPWS active so it "works", any other stock with functioning TPWS can't approach Euston via Line A without dropping the brakes...

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. Pookeyhead

Aha... I used the WCML South 390... I'm going to go and try something else.

16. Pookeyhead

With WCML South 390

With Original 390

Well that sucks.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is a 10 min job to move a few links and delete a TPWS that should not be present
    Have a read of this https://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=361&t=153068

Why do I like UKTS - I asked the question on Wednesday and a solution came this afternoon.
    I doubt if I would have got an answer here

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. Pookeyhead

I'm confused, why are you talking about UKTS in this thread?

Then thats' something DTG need to get on with then,.

Why exactly are you here? You don't seem to like it very much. All you do is complain about it, but you're all over every thread like a cheap suit. Please explain.. I'm curious.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I wonder the same thing, I don't believe anyone should be unhappy, but I also don't believe that everyone should change to suit one person.

If I no longer liked it here then I'm afraid I'd no longer visit, that's it, the end, no complaining or trying to change everyone else, I'd just move on.

Life's too short to get wound up by such trivialities.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rhnrhn#5363

rhnrhn#5363 New Member

Many thanks for the link 749006, (I hadn't thought to look on UKTS for an answer) I have followed the instructions to move the links and delete the rogue TPWS ... and having just tested it with the APT find that the problem is solved!

• Like Like x 2
  21. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I mentioned the UKTS Thread because people there get on with a fix, if possible, to enjoy what they have purchased.
    I thought you might like to change your copy of the WCML South to make it work without the brake application
    And yes, you are right, DTG should fix it - would you not enjoy something that you could fix yourself it a few mins or would you rather just complain on a forum that DTG aren't doing anything to fix it?

Most of the time I'm here I learn things and I try to help people - my profile shows 1,006 likes, so I must be doing something right.
    Should I not try to do that? I have been playing this game for the past 8 years and I have learnt a few things.

I'm not complaining about the Forum but just some of the people who post on it.
    Take Reef - I helped him on UKTS to get something running but here I just get grief from him
    I mentioned in a post - without pointing to anyone in particular - that I did not like the Stupid Memes so he posts one.

Some people are too lazy to find out something themselves and ask others to do it for them
    What did their last slave die of?

Most of the people here are quite good but like anything they are exceptions

22. Pookeyhead

Which is why I made a post about it in the appropriate forum to report the fault. I have no issue with you posting the link to the thread on UKTS, it was very helpful. I'm merely wondering why you feel the need to belittle and criticise these forums so much, yet seem to spend all day on here. It seems like incongruous behaviour.

Did you not, in that thread you made on UKTS, ask others for help instead of finding out for yourself?

Most are good, but they're the exception? Isn't that a little bit contradictory? ...or was "they" a typo for "there are"?

Out of nearly 3000 posts, yes, so that's not too great a ratio actually. Sorry. As it's important to you, I did actually click helpful on your post though, because part of it was.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

"Some people are too lazy to find out something themselves and ask others to do it for them"
    Not quite I had done the research to find out what was causing the Brake application, the TPWS, but I did not know enough about the operation of it within the game.

Real TPWS is straight forward and I used it for a number of years when driving for FNW.
    But it does not dump the brakes on the train when passing a clear signal.

And yes - it was a typo in the other sentence.