End Of Session: You Have Reached The End Of The Represented Area

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Daniel Bloch, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

End of session: You have reached the end of the represented area

This happens on some class 66 runs in service mode.

The last two services of the Class 66 i am not able to complete, i allways get the message above.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Daniel,

Could you advise which services you're experiencing this in so we can get this logged in?

Best, Steve

3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

It happens to me on the the last two services of the class 66, I don't know the exact name but it's around 21:00 and 22:00 o'clock.
    I tried both services around 3-4 times and it happened every time.
    I could only successfully complete them with a save just 10 miles ahead of reading & reloading them and continued without issues.
    But it seems like a rare issue (or only on my system), I posted it on steam too and all that replied didn't had any issue with this services.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Mika L.

Mika L. Member

I experienced it as well yesterday when I took the class 66 service from Reading Train Care Depot to Slough at around 5am. When I arrived at Slough it told me to wait for the time to turn 5:20, which I did, and then told me to drive onto a siding. But I couldn’t sit in any of the cabs on that service as it told me that I can’t operate that service, even though it told me that I had to move the train to a stop marker on the siding at Slough. So I began rolling without sitting in the drivers seat and then when getting near the stop marker on the siding at Slough, I got this end of session error, because I reached the end of the represented area.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  5. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

you mean 166 and that service is a slough to widsor service and widsor ain't in the game yet

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I ran into the "end of the represented area", which sounds like an extension of Wonderland, in a completely different way. After jumping into the NY world at some station or other, I boarded a train as a passenger, found an empty seat, and watched the scenery stream along. After a while, I decided to take a walk toward the rear of the train with the intention of reaching its last car. As I approached that last car, bingo! What I'll call the "Bloch block" suddenly appeared, the world went dark, and there I was back in reality staring at my computer screen. Simulation? Of what?

7. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Well, I think in your case it depends.

If you boarded a train that was travelling towards the end of the map and it reached the end of the map then everything is working as intended. There's nothing left to simulate; you've reached the end of a finite world. I suppose they could teleport you back to the nearest station or onto the tracks but, in simulation terms, that's not much more realistic than ending the session.

If it happened to you in the middle of the map then something is very wrong. What Daniel experienced is definitely a bug because you can see from his picture he's still 9 miles away from Reading when it happens.

8. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

The same issue just happened to me, reproducible (atleast on my save) around this area:

1.jpg 2.jpg
    Sooooo what causes this exactly? Does this mean I have to abandon my save and start a new service?

9. jackpiper#5350

jackpiper#5350 New Member

10. jackpiper#5350

11. jackpiper#5350

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.