Train Sim World 2 - Db Br 406 Ice 3m Driver's Guide

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 22, 2020.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Learn how to drive the DB BR 406 ICE 3M in Train Sim World 2 in this first in a new series of video guides.

This will teach you the basics of operation and give you a tour of all of the controls in the cab, perfect for mastering your runs between Köln - Aachen. This guide can also be used to learn how to drive the DB BR 403 ICE 3 on Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg.
    ICE3M-VideoGuide.jpg
    Watch the guide here.

We encourage you to share your feedback on this guide. Please let us know what you think, what you feel could be improved and what guides you believe would be beneficial in the future.

• Like Like x 22
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Very nice! It will be very helpful for new players.

• Like Like x 4
  3. jeffah18

jeffah18 New Member

This is great! This would be extremely helpful for new players. I really hope we get more guides like this in the future.

4. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

Excellent video footage of ICE tutorial, a most welcome feature

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

AFB probably should've been included in this one as setting it up is very different for each train and you can't easily throw it in a single AFB video. Otherwise a really good video with some nice editing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Excellent video.
    It would be great if these could somehow be incorporated into the game, although having them on YouTube can be handy, so that you can play the game and follow the guide at the same time.

7. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Not interested in this, but it will helps another people)

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

In terms of future videos, things like:
    1. PZB
    2. LZB
    3. SIFA
    4. TVM-430
    5. How the different braking systems work on various trains.
    6. How to recover from emergency stops.
    7. What signs and signals mean.
    More advanced players might not need these, but for newcomers, it would be invaluable and might encourage more people to have a go. The more players, the better.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I posted into the PlayStation forum not realising this thread was here.
    It’s a very well pitched video and I think will open the door wide to anyone stepping into tsw2 for the first time.
    Levers and buttons being highlighted as they’re being spoken about is really helpful to help remember where they are. It goes into more detail than the game tutorials but knows where to draw the line for a more in depth topic.
    I’m impressed and will be happy to see the series develop. Really helpful to view on the phone whilst in game too.
    Really hope the effort will extend to other dlc and possibly brief overviews of the dlc routes could be a good move too.

10. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I like it. Good video and good editing, with teacher Matt. Keep in that way.

11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That is come in another video as Matt said in the video, this one was just the basics just to get people comfortable driving the train.

12. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Very good idea :)

13. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Wow I want to say how great that video was. The way it was made using descriptions and green highlights to show the buttons is absolutely awesome. People new to these trains can just watch these alongside when sitting in the cab and get a quick overlook of what to find at which place. Also Matt's tutor voice!
    Keep "em coming, all the newer players (and some of the existing playerbase surely too) will certainly benefit alot from them!

• Like Like x 1
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Good introduction guide. The only thing that stood out was when Matt referred to the opacity button, maybe a short clip of the opacity changing at that point would have been helpful. It’s only because he singled it out and it’s not obvious what it does. The tour of the controls with them being highlighted is a brilliant way of showing them clearly. I had no idea the emergency brake was there, for instance. Good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Very good - an informative quick-guide to getting started. Perhaps for each loco, there could be different levelled videos, which increase in complexity, and allow players to acquire information according to how they wish to play. For example, this video could be level 1. Level 2 could include safety systems etc.

16. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Very nicely done. But for me, this kind of information should be integrated into the game. Especially console players will have little interest to still have to access external things.
    Of course the general functions, but especially how the safety systems work is interesting. I miss that in LGV, for example.

17. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

One more addition... It would be nice if you not only show what to press, but also explain what it does and why you should press it to better understand what is happening.
    I had a problem with this yesterday on SPG and didn't think to change the brake settings because I wasn't aware of what it even did. I have now done it according to instructions but still do not understand what the function of cut in and cut out not right.

18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

From my limited understanding of the american locos, "cut-in" means that the brake lever on your locomotive is the one that controls the brakes, so the brake lever (or valve) is cut-in, if the brake lever is cut-out on the other hand it just means that the brake lever position does not matter, so in a trailing unit (valve to cut-out), the brake lever can be set to full service, yet if you release the brakes from the leading loco (cut-in) the brakes will release even if the lever is in full service.

You basically just select whether the brake system has to respond to that brake lever or not, no idea about the M2U valve though, I just know I have to say it to lead :/

If anyone knows more or wants to tell me all I said is wrong please do.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1