End Of Year Q&a For Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

On the 30th of December we will be having a end of year Q&A with Matt and Sam on TSW2 on Railfan TV, join us at 8pm UTC on YouTube and Twitch. If you would like to ask any questions please ask below.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Marcc

Marcc New Member

Nice

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

What was the most fun route to develop?

• Like Like x 6
  4. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

• Are you planning to make extension add-ons?
    • How is TSW2 going according to the plans?
    • How different will be the roadmap next year to compare from this year?
    • What is the most popular buyed DLC's apart from the standard TSW(2) DLC's?
    • What is the best rated DLC?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 18
  5. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

I know that you play your train sims in your free time. Considering this year is strange and all the "work at home" thing, how do you deal with the separation of work and your private time?

• Like Like x 2
  6. George1862

George1862 Active Member

How do you get the acceleration realistic and slowing down realistic

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Simugraph.

• Like Like x 2
  8. max88183

max88183 Active Member

• Are we able to get more detailed tutorials, similar to the one for LGV but including how to use safety systems and maybe teach signalling?
    • Are we going to get an FOV slider similar to TS21? (Would help those with ultra wide monitors)
    • How do you pick people to do voice overs for route tutorials? Is it random or do you actually try to match their accent with the country the route is from?
    • What is the process a route and or loco DLC goes through from start to finish?
    • Has there been any big development challenges while developing the game?
    • Will we get a more complex scenario editor where we could provide instructions on screen, somehow add construction or objects on the tracks, and break certain aspects of the train to simulate faults?
    • Are we going to be able to share our scenarios and liveries via the steam workshop anytime soon?
    • (I don’t expect this to be answered) If multiplayer was added to the game, what is your vision or goal with it? Would you see it as a CO-OP based mode or a mix of CO-OP and driving separate trains?
    • Why hold back bug fixes that are ready just to release them with a country themed update/patch?
    • When a third-party developer creates a route, is there any rules or guidelines they have to adhere to, specifically with their own company branding? (For example rivet and their logo plastered all over IoW)
    Happy holidays guys, and thank you for all that you do for this community.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

• What were some particularly nasty development issues that you overcame and/or learned from?
    • Does Sam ever actually get a real holiday?
    • What does Paul Jackson do these days?
    • Many people attribute DTG's recent shift toward transparency and community involvement as entirely Sam's doing, but it is obvious that there is more to the machine than that. What prompted the (welcome) change and how do you see TSW moving forward in terms of community involvement?
    • Does DTG take note of the actions of other simulator developers like N3V and SCS to see what other players in the market are doing?
    • Are newer Nvidia features like Ray-Tracing and DLSS on the table or would that be strictly prohibited by inability to have console parity? I ask because the former could resolve many issues that rasterised cascade shadows and global illumination have and the latter would be a good alternative to TAA and would help reduce the flickering of thin wires that many complain about.
    • Why is it that locomotive DLC is less than half of the price of a route in GBP, but two-thirds the price of a route in USD and EUR? For example, a route normally costs £24.99/$29.99/€29.99, but locomotives cost £11.99/$19.99/€19.99.
    • Many have observed that TSW has a bit of an identity crisis, simultaneously combining very arcade-y gimmicks like action points but conversely simulates very complex systems and procedures that are more difficult for casual players to deal with (take the locomotives on Sandpatch Grade for example). How do you view TSW right now and how do you think this identity crisis could be resolved?
    • What route or locomotive are you most proud of? And please no cop-out answer such as, "I think they're all good in their own way." I'm curious to know which is your personal favourite or which you think was the most impressive accomplishment of the team.
    • (Here's a bit of a silly one) Do you think Trains vs. Zombies will have its next-gen reboot in TSW2?
    Happy Holidays,
    Cheers

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  10. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

What is it like seeing a route or loco DLC from it's conception to release? How do you feel at the end? What's your favourite part of the process? And how has the process been affected with all the strain and limits imposed by covid?

• Like Like x 3
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

• Are you working or at least thinking about a "Super Substitution" system where you could start any timetable service with any train? I remember Matt said on an old stream the computer gets to choose the same trains as the player so you would have to "restrict" the AI to the correct trains (+ maybe the one the player picked), did you develop this further? I think at some point it has to happen with an ever growing rolling stock collection operating in all kinds of routes
    • Raildriver/External controller support on consoles, is it something you are not pursuing due to the low demand (like VR) or would it be physically impossible to implement without getting P.I. Engineering involved and/or getting a new RD version approved by Microsoft? Any chance of this changing as consoles seems to be more open on the matter? (for example many new games now have native mouse/keyboard compatibility on consoles)
    • Now that you have the SNCF license, are you more likely to work on another french route? Would you rather create another LGV or a traditional rail line?
    • Do you have any plans to make the scenario designer more flexible, allowing us to create more complex scenarios? (i.e. overtakes, "ghost trains" to manipulate the signals, etc..)
    • If answer to question 1 is no, will the Ham-Lub 112 and 182 substitute respectively the BR143/146 and current BR182?
    • Any plans to use the Everlingsen-Werdohl power plant on Ruhr Sieg Nord or adding it to the scenario designer?
    Merry christmas and thanks for the hard work even in those difficult times

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  12. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

When will we hear from v. 2 of Livery Designer and Scenario Planner? Especialy Scenarion Planner is really not where it could be and would greatly benefit form an upgrade

• Like Like x 3
  13. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

As adam mentioned at looking in the 4.26 UE. Does that indicate a core update for tsw 2, or the potential of tsw 3 ( or tsw 2.1 whichever name u call it)

• Like Like x 3
  14. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

- What will all change in TSW2 in 2021, from what you alredy knows?
    - If you could change or add anything in TSW2 what would that be?
    - Could you increse the layers on Livery Editor?
    - Could we ever see an dev build video? Would be great to see how u make routes.
    - Could u ever organize an Live Stream too Overflow the routes in production, from where to where, how long (Miles/Kilometers), operating trains,...?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

When you use the radial HUD to close the doors (TAB), why does it press the door close button 3 times when you only need press it once?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I would be interested to get a feeling on how the player base is divided? What is the share of PC, PS and Xbox users? Maybe also what is the best and what is the worst selling or played routes (without actual numbers of course :) )

• Like Like x 3
  17. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Other than little change of in-person scouting/referencing, what part of the DTG TSW2 system has been the most and least effected by 2020?

• Like Like x 1
  18. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

With regards to the Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Layers, Is there A: a way to enable them ONLY on Next-Gens or B: ANY form of significant progress on bringing them to us. And additionally, has there been internal discussion regarding a Dedicated Next-Gen Build?

• Like Like x 4
  19. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

- Do you both have a route you would personally love to see in TSW2 and what is it?

- Can you give us an insight into the process in obtaining a licence from a TOC, is it long and drawn out or are they very forthcoming and helpful?

- Are licences obtained for one route only or are TOC’s open to multiple real life routes they operate on?

- Would you ever consider doing a short video showing you creating a route, a few minutes from each team working on it would be very interesting.

- Have you ever had to abandon a route which was in development and what was the reasoning behind it?

- Are extending existing routes something you want to do or would you rather create longer new routes?

- You’ve mentioned in the past people local to routes you are creating who helps you with pictures and or audio. How do you contact them and how can people get involved with this. If you ever need images on routes and stations from around South Yorkshire you can contact me.

Thank you to everyone at DTG for introducing me to a new hobby, I hope everyone has a great Christmas and 2021 is better for everyone and TSW2 continues to improve.

• Like Like x 5
  20. tubefan1973

Yeah, I am open to helping for sound in South and West Yorkshire too! If DTG need it then just DM me and I can try around my area (Sprinters primarily and maybe the 185s but I have a great way of recording Flange Squeals and bounciness on a Pacer and the sounds of the Magnificent Penistone Viaduct)

• Like Like x 1
  21. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

•Can y’all make more Sandpatch Grade CSX loco DLC and more American DLC?
    • Could y’all fix livery designer to be able to have random numbers on the side of our custom liveries to match the numbers that appear on the numberboards?
    • Do y’all still need sounds to fix Sandpatch Grade horn and engine sounds?
    • Can y’all make the CSX A line from Florence SC to Charleston SC? It runs thru my hometown: Kingstree.
    •Can we at least have a consist formation editor to where we can hook to different route locos, and different route rolling stock? And to be able to choose what direction the locomotives face?

22. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

South Yorkshire really deserves a route in TSW, we’ve got plenty of freight, the Midland Main Line runs through SY, we’ve got the Southern Trans Pennine (Hope Valley Line) route which links up to Doncaster and the East Coast Main Line with the West Coast Main Line in Manchester.

Fingers crossed we’ll see something eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tubefan1973

Well, there is all (most) of this circled, take ya pick. For me, its got to be from Sheffield to either Leeds Via Doncaster, or Sheffield to Huddersfield cos #pacerhype
    northern-map DfT.png

• Like Like x 2
  24. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

When I was playing on PS4 I noticed a distinct lack of passengers on the platforms. Now I have switched to the PS5 I see a lot more. Is this just my imagination or does the availability of more resources auto scale certain items such as passengers without core game tweaks?

• Like Like x 2
  25. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

1. Can the development progress of the new route be improved in the new year (2021)? I hope to provide new routes or route extensions every month starting from April next year.
    2. Are there any new plans for multiplayer DTG? Will there be a large-scale route DLC or long-distance route extension in the coming year?
    3. Why is there no beautiful new route in Canada? Since the release of the DLC Canada Route branch on February 20, 2020, there has been no movement. Can you make a beautiful scenery in Canada as an extended route? I hope to extend 60 miles on the basis.
    4. Why is the busy marshalling station so quiet and empty?
    5. There are many famous heavy freight routes in the United States. For example, what plans are there to bring them to TSW this year? Such as: Cajon Valley,
    6. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  26. tubefan1973

Yeah, I noticed that on my Series X vs S vs One

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

Hi, now you have seemingly ditched the year in the title of the game (from TSW2020 to TSW2), does that mean there will no longer be annual packages?

28. brodeyness4

brodeyness4 Active Member

Question 1: Do you have any plans to add in Modern American Freight locomotives, like the General Electric ES40DCs, ES44AHs, and ET44AHs for CSX, and maybe even the EMD SD70ACes and the Tier 4 ST70AHs....

Question 2: What was your favorite route to work on?

Question 3: On the topic of American Frieght routes, could we recieve Tehachapi Pass, or Sherman Hill in TSW2

• Like Like x 3
  29. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

- qual è il tuo piano per TSW nel prossimo anno? (aggiornamento e versioni future)

- qual è la nuova implementazione che stai pensando per il gioco? (funzionalità per il simulatore o il core, non add-on)

- per l'editor di scenari / livrey, in che tempo possiamo vedere eventuali aggiornamenti, se ne esiste un aggiornamento?

- qual è la migliore versione di Unreal Engine per avere un TSW stabile? Se non l'hai appena trovato, qualche piano per il futuro?

30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

-what is your plan for TSW next year? (updates and future versions of the game)

-what new features are coming for TSW? (new functionalities not new DLCs)

-When will we see new updates for the livery/scenario editor? If there are any.

-What would be the best Unreal Engine version to make TSW more stable? Any plans for the future?

I know my english isn't the best but at least it's english

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  31. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

You're right!
    The browser has translated my message automatically (facepalm) before I sent it

• Like Like x 1
  32. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

What has improved the most in terms of development since the launch of TSW?

• Like Like x 3
  33. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

What your plans about new country's in new 2021 year?

34. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Can you get rid of that silly graph in the game and instead when we come to the end of the route/ objectives make us shut down the train, engine and take the key out like it should be done in the first place. i dont like the graph and action points as they dont prove anything

• Like Like x 4
  35. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Can we get the menu music back?

• Like Like x 1
  36. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Did the vision for TSW 2 change due to the pandemic? Did ideas have to be scrapped for instance? So far a few routes made or already in production are routes that already exist in TS. Was this a result of working from home or was this the plan all along?

• Like Like x 1
  37. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

So, you drive a TGV from Marseille to Bruxelles, you get to Avignon but you have to shut the train down.

You drive a BR422 from Düren to Au (Sieg), but after you open the doors in Köln you shut off the train

You drive the S1 from Dortmund to Solingen but you have to start up the train in Bochum and shut it down at Duigsburg.

It's bad enough we now have to raise the panto and close the MCB on SKA with the ICE, if we have to do it every single time it would become very annoying, only the services starting in Essen on HRR, and Marseille in LGV would be realistic with such procedure so, no

• Like Like x 1
  38. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

when i was a freight train driver on British rail southern region. i never got a graph or action points. so i dont feel its realistic. We shut the train down and took the key out/ secured the train. then went to TOPS and gave them any papers we had about our consist. TOPS then gave us our next job and papers.

by the way that graph is now in your log books so why do it again. get rid and use the space for more memory

• Like Like x 5
  39. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

If they do add it back, I hope they include a slider to lower the volume.

• Like Like x 3
  40. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Will the pricing of Routes/Locos change for 2021 ?
    Do you prefer tea or coffee ?
    What's the main focus of next year for TSW 2. What could we expect to be seeing. (Besides the roadmap content).

Would it be possible to share information about London to Favasham route ?

How do you reach out to Train companies to work along side you. Do you do meetings. Business lunches ?

• Like Like x 4
  41. Hawk Eyye

Hawk Eyye New Member

Did you both have a good Christmas?

What fun things did you get for Christmas?

42. tubefan1973

Who makes the best tea?
    Can we have Mike on A stream?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

- Can you make passengers less stupid? (bus simulator passengers look like genius compared to those of TSW)
    - Can you write an estimated duration time in the timetable services descriptions? (some DLCs have it, others no). I often choose a service depending of its duration when I don't have a lot of time.
    - Can you show a picture of the locos and wagons in the scenario planner and the scenarios? I don't know the name of each loco and wagon!

• Like Like x 2
  44. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Can you improve east coastway services by adding additional ore to London Victoria and Eastbourne to London Victoria services or allow a path on the scenario planner? And have some 4 coach trains from Eastbourne?
    Hope everyone has a good Christmas

45. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This isn’t real life. There was some paperwork involved after driving your route, as you state above. The graph and points scored is the paperwork for the player in TSW. The post-run page might not be your favourite thing but that doesn’t mean it should be removed from the game. Yes, I said ‘game’. It contains information about what you have just done, which is better than just going back to the menu not knowing anything.

As for the graph being in the log book, not everyone can, or wants to, access that, or wants to load up a separate website straight after their run to see how they did. In fact, they wouldn’t be able to do that as it takes time for it to appear on the logbook.

• Like Like x 2
  46. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Dear DTG team first of all I want to wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Then I want to express that I am very satisfied with TSW and I am sure you will solve the current audio and graphic issues.

Then I have the following questions:

Will we see steamers next year?

Will the additional layers for consoles added to München - Augsburg next year?

Will we see Shinkanzen?

Will Southeastern High speed have freight action too?

Will we see Amtrak next year?
    And if Amtrak will arrive, will it come with the Acela

Will we see substitution of northamerican freight locos on northamerican routes?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

• Like Like x 4
  47. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

Would it be possible for the doors to stay OPEN once you've got to the destination or terminated rather than having to close them in order to complete the run. This is much more like in reality. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  48. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

There is one route where this does happen, and its on East Coastway. At the end of a service, the last instruction is only to load passengers, instead of the usual load/unload instruction, meaning that the service has no requirement for the doors to be closed in order for the service to be considered completed.

So it is possible, its just up to the people who create these routes to incorporate this little trick to keep the doors open at terminals.

49. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

these are kind of question where the answer will be 'if its not on the roadmap...''

• Like Like x 2
  50. BNSF650

BNSF650 Member

Can you please make it where we can share are reskins though the game so everyone can enjoy others people work.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.