PlayStation New Excited Train Enthusiast

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dougyhowzer, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Member

Hello ! Was a big train fan in my childhood , and came across Train Sim World 2 and Train Sim World 2020 on the PS4 Store . So bought the Collector's edition for both titles.

Very excited and looking to spending many funfilled hours. Was wondering what route would anyone here recommend ? I am into the UK especially and Europe to a lesser extent.

Also plan on upgrading to a PS5 in the spring.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

For standard content with both games, GWE (Great Western Express) between London Paddington and Reading is a good route. It has both high speed (125mph) and slower commuter services as well as some freight services.
    Other UK routes available are Northern Trans-Pennine set in the 1980's between Leeds and Manchester (included with TSW2020 and carried over to TSW2) as well as Tees Valley Line (DLC content for TSW2020) which has both freight and passenger services.
    There's also South Coast Way (DLC) available on both TSW2020 and TSW2.

Also, if you buy any add-on routes or vehicles for TSW2020, you will be able to download them for free in TSW2. Routes downloaded in TSW2 will not be backward compatible with TSW2020.

Please note that North East Corridor for TSW2020 does not carry over to TSW2 as part of the preserved collection.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I don't know if you know but in case you don't. There is a new UK route due out soon for TSW2. South Eastern High Speed I think it is, or something like that. A UK route out now that I like is the Isle Of Wight route. Not every everyone's cup of tea and I don't go on it a lot myself. But it is a very nice route that I go on, mainly more for a nice relatively relaxing drive.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

To get an idea of what other players have enjoyed, you might take a look at this thread and the list that Leadcatcher has compiled. Forty some service mode runs, and as I recall, all but one are european.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Am I right in thinking that you get East Coastway in the TSW2 collectors addition? As that is my favourite UK route and would definitely recommend it if you like modern passenger traction, the only downside for me is the that there is only one passenger train in East Coastway, but this is soon to be rectified as the class 313 is in production for the route.

You should also have Northern Transpennine in the TSW 2020 collectors addition which is set in 1983, it's quite an interesting route to drive with challenging gradients and a mixture fast and stopping passenger services. If you're interested in freight then the Heavy Freight Pack is available for this route which adds a variety of goods wagons and a goods loco. Similarly, Tees Valley Line has a mixture of passenger and freight services and is a decent length, iirc it's set in 1986. Both of these lines come with the class 101, one of my favourite passenger trains in the game, which takes a bit of time to learn how to drive but is satisfying once you've mastered it.
    I'd recommend downloading your TSW 2020 routes that come with the collectors addition into TSW2 through the in-game store for free as the TSW2020 versions of the routes are no longer being updated and in TSW2, they have been upgraded with more realistic adhesions physics and also have the scenario planner.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Member

Hey all . Thank you for your recommendations. I got the Tees Valley route and the East Coast way for 2020 .
    Also have some of the preserved collection that came in the TSW 2 collector's. All these trains and routes remind me of my fav show Thomas the Train. Also if their is a discord that I can join, can someone kindly send me the link ?
    Thanks again. Really appreciate it

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

https://discord.gg/mBwW9hS

• Like Like x 1
  8. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Train Sim Community Discord server https://discord.gg/VfhvD9MC :) (Hope that link works)
    And this server also https://discord.gg/kWjER9v4 made by Anthony Pecoraro (You'll see him on this forum)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Member

Been enjoying the 2C09 from Newhaven to Brighton . Really like the country side

• Like Like x 1
  11. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Welcome! If I may be so bold as to give advice, it would be to keep yourself open to other countries.

I was almost exclusively North American in TS. Coming over to TSW, I really got into the German routes once I understood the safety systems. Very immersive! The German content layers, though not for HMA on PS yet, if I understand correctly. Here is a very helpful site by Rudolf that has a starter’s guide, timetables, and a German DLC layering guide:
    https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator/2-uncategorised/3-trainsim-world-downloads

• Like Like x 4
  12. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Definitely agree with the German route recommendation, many picturesque routes, great variety of locomotives, passenger and freight add good variety too and of course PZB, LZB, AFB and Sifa add a whole other level of immersion and concentration.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Member

I thank you for your boldness and I am open to exploring other countries as part of learning . Who knows , I may discover that I like the uniquess of other train systems .

Also thank you so much for the guide . I am sure it will help

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Member

Just wanted to add that I started the Great Western Express on the 2020 version . I been having immense fun with that route in particular and I really love the setup of Paddington .

Are all the train setups based on their real life locations and what not ?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  15. Northerner

Yeah, all the routes in TSW represent real routes, past or present. This includes realistic signal placement and speed limits so the routes are very similar the actual ones. The in game timetables also usually represent the actual service provision on the routes or are at least based on real timetables.

• Like Like x 2
  16. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

I like Tees Valley far as UK goes. Admittedly I play more North American routes, but nice to mix them up.

• Like Like x 3
  17. derek40p

derek40p Member

Can I just correct you the tees valley line was set in 1989 that's what I read

• Like Like x 2
  18. Northerner

Ah yes, thanks. I should've known it was later as people have said that, in the time it was set, the majority of passenger services were pacers not 101s, which were being fazed out, so we should really have a pacer for the route.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

Class 142 Pacers were not covering all services on the Tees Valley Line until late September 1989, so the 101s (withdrawn from Teesside service on 21 September 1989) are period correct.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Member

So I been trying the freight side of trains . Been playing the Ruhr-Sieg Nord route . Aside from some lag , i like the scenery very much so .