Xbox Köln Schnellfahrstrecke Freight Services

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dallas117, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ok so I have no clue what's going on, but I just realized you can install older routes and get freight on Kolm Aachen, which is super awesome, but any one I try do to, only tired the intermodel ones so far, it's like the cars weigh a million tons, and the train can't move them at all. Can someone please help me with this, right as I uncouple the cars my engine goes flying down the track, and it seems that the cars have brakes on everywhere. But no hand brake is on, so don't know what's happening

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

You need to overcharge/release the brakes.
    1. Next to your brake gauges on the right side of the cab there‘s a button called overcharge. Press and hold that button.
    2. At the same time, hold the train brake in the release (not running) postion.
    3. Do this for around 30 seconds - 1 minute.
    4. You can now release the overcharge button and let go of the brakes (they fall back to the running position).
    5. You should now be able to move the train.
    6. Be aware that you should not apply the brakes again until your brake pipe pressure has dropped to 5 bar, otherwise you will have to overcharge the brakes again to releasem them.
    This problem only seems to occur with the intermodal cars. All other freight cars don‘t need to have their brakes overcharged.

3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Hey thank you for the reply, ya I seem to able to get it moving if I get the train rocking with the throttle. Then it actually gets rolling. But I just watched Sam stream today and he did one of these services and he got the train moving like nothing, just throttled up a bit and away she went, don't understand that at all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lamplight

That's odd. I don't watch the streams so I wouldn't know. For the record, I'm playing on PS4 and noticed this odd behaviour on RRO (where the cars come from) and later on SKA. Could this possibly be a bug on consoles only if Sam had no problem? Would be nice if a PC player could test this for us.

5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yep, I was watching the stream live when that happened, I was really surprised that he did it in one try :o

I now know how to get the dang thing moving :) Though I'm not sure if the 143 has that Overcharge button

6. Lamplight

It's even simpler for the Br 143 (and the Br 155, Br 363). You simply need to hold the train brake in the release position and the brakes are getting overcharged. No additional button required; just holding the brake handle in the required position.

It's the same way it works for a lot of British locos in case you're familiar with them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So I figured out why it worked for Sam, I think. I watched it over, and it took him almost 5 minutes to figure out how to get the train moving, So I did the same thing, loaded the scenario and all I did was put the master key to forward, and sure enough in about 5 minutes the brakes had fully released on there own and the train started to roll.

8. Lamplight

Now I‘m completely confused as to what is going on :D. I assumed DTG set the brakes incorrectly (as in fully overcharged applied instead of just fully applied) but then they wouldn‘t release by doing nothing and just waiting. Now I‘m really curious about what‘s going on.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya really messed for sure. I tried the same thing in TSW2020 and it moves so easy. So ya there is two work arounds in TSW2, I guess 3, so first, just wait 5 minutes lol, second use the overcharge method, and third rock the train with throttle to full and back and after a few rocks your moving