Lgbtq Decals For The Livery Editor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Captaintraincrash, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

During pride Month, DTG should release pride decals to help support those who are in the closet and can't come out. This'll help people show their pride without having to tell their parents.

• Like Like x 13
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I don't know if Dovetail would want to get involved with social issues. I support the idea but it can be risky from a business perspective

• Like Like x 5
  3. Captaintraincrash

I see your reasoning

• Like Like x 1
  4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think it’s a good idea, however as tallboy said this may be a risky in terms of business

• Like Like x 3
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

this is a train game anyways so no point of having it in game

• Like Like x 11
  6. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

There are Pride flags decorating the streets of Brighton in the files for East Coastway. It was supposed to be a reward for Mastery in TSW 2020. For some reason though, DTG never evolved Mastery beyond the initial routes and so most players have never seen it - but it's there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Captaintraincrash

Yes it is a train game. There is a point in having it in the game just read the post

• Like Like x 1
  8. Captaintraincrash

I find it weird that they didn't release it. I don't think they hit any setbacks

• Like Like x 2
  9. Captaintraincrash

I see your reasoning

10. Captaintraincrash

I think you'll be surprised on how many people would be interested in them

• Like Like x 2
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It would be nice if this could happen, we should always be mindful and supportive of others.

• Like Like x 3
  12. tallboy7648

I think it would be cool. I support the LGBTQ community. My girlfriend is Bisexual as well. However alot of businesses tend not to get involved in these types of issues

• Like Like x 2
  13. Captaintraincrash

Tbf it's not really a issue it's a way of supporting the LGBTQ community

• Like Like x 3
  14. tallboy7648

When I hear some countries passing laws that discriminate against LGBTQ, I find that terrible and an issue that needs addressing hence why I said an issue. Hungary comes to mind as a country that discriminates LGBTQ. The People's Republic Of China as well

• Like Like x 4
  15. formulabee#1362

Same, it makes me angry when this happens, especially in Europe (poland and Hungary for example)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Captaintraincrash

Very Fair points but if they are added it will show DTG's support for the community

• Like Like x 2
  17. formulabee#1362

Definitely

• Like Like x 2
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think with the livery designer it wouldn't be a problem to design these flags/symbols yourself if you want to "express your pride"

I am 100% supportive of the idea, for example the F1 initiative of WeRaceAsOne for this year was really admirable, but I can understand if a relatively niche game on a very niche of the video game market would like not to get involved with those sort of things, surely PR gain would be minimal with the risk of huge backlash, now you ask for LGBTQ, then could came another people and ask for BLM, than another that asks for equality, etc...

I think while I approve if big corporations with a wide reach share all these messages, I would rather have my exclusively singleplayer train simulator to remain neutral and focus on the trains.

Also, as I said before you have all the tools you need to construct your own symbols and messages.

Also on a personal note I want to say I am 100% in favour of equality in all cases, and supportive of the LGBTQ community.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. tallboy7648

I thought Formula One's "We Race As One" initiative was a joke considering the fact that they race in countries that discriminate against LGBTQ people such as Hungary, Abu Dhabi UAE, the People's Republic Of China, Bahrain and now they are having a Grand Prix in Saudi Arabia in 2021 which has notorious human rights violations. It makes Formula 1 a sport of hypocrisy with that initiative

• Like Like x 3
  20. Captaintraincrash

Very fair point but I don't think we'll see routes from those locations

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

I would love to see high speed routes from China since I have them in ts2021 (railworks). We probably wouldn't get routes from those countries though but I would love a Chinese route

22. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

My thoughts are if you want to make a social comment it should be something players do on their own terms. It shouldn't be up to companies to try and profit from those things. It seems really wrong to see all these different companies trying to piggyback off of movements to turn a quick buck when many times they perpetuate the issues they are supposedly fighting for.

You should be easily able to paint a pride train using the designer part. Without it being a multiplayer game not really sure why you'd want them since nobody else will see them. I suppose once people can share designs it would make sense.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  23. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

Moleman978 did a pride month special of 7 videos or something driving special pride liveried trains around- so we can still have it.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I mean, some operators (Like MTA) put system themed pride flags on their train.

• Like Like x 2
  25. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I feel like this isn’t really a priority. I’m definitely a supporter of equal rights for everyone, but how exactly would they benefit from this? I suppose they might gain new players who like the new “hip” direction the game would be taking, but they also are at risk of losing current fans who might not be so forward-thinking. This is similar to the issue of bringing brand logos into the livery designer, there will be some backlash, but also some people will be happy.

As for right now, it should be pretty easy to make an LGBT+ flag with the tools given. The livery designer is a really powerful tool as it stands.

• Like Like x 3
  26. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Of course... it wasn't sincere, there is always hypocrisy with huge companies... and money is always first before any values.

This doesn't mean that everyone at F1 didn't care about the messages they were sending out and I believe, it can only be positive if a company with such a huge reach tries to share such messages, even if everyone knows they don't matter to the company itself, which has as an objective to make money.

Every company with very few exceptions is hypocrite, the values of a good PR perception and the core values of the company are always misaligned, but that does,'t mean that talking about those problems is not a good thing, even if the company itself doesn't respect them.

• Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

Of course there were people who cared about the issues, but it seemed like a hypocritical marketing stunt by the FIA and the sport just so they can keep left wing liberals happy. Maybe the drivers should've kneeled during the Hungarian National Anthem since they discriminate against LGBTQs if the movement was so serious.

• Like Like x 2
  28. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of companies getting involved in social issues as it just comes across as virtue signalling, but there are plenty that do. As others have said it should be pretty easy to create a rainbow coloured flag yourself.

• Like Like x 5
  29. tallboy7648

I agree with you. The livery designer has the capability of allowing players to make those kinds of stuff. So maybe if a player wants to do that, then they can.

• Like Like x 2
  30. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

you can make it yourself with 7 squares

• Like Like x 4
  31. tallboy7648

And 7 different colors

• Like Like x 1
  32. CowBoyWolf

upload_2020-12-29_18-20-52.png

• Like Like x 2
  33. tallboy7648

34. CowBoyWolf

East coastway

• Like Like x 1
  35. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

As a gay man, this would be nice to see in game in an official capacity.

• Like Like x 3
  36. tallboy7648

I see

37. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’d just like to say that if custom decals and livery sharing were a thing, I don’t think we’d be having this problem. I’m thinking of something like what Forza has. That way, if one person designed an LGBT flag, we could all get it for ourselves.

• Like Like x 2
  38. tallboy7648

I agree with you but DTGs excuse as to why we can't share things via the livery designer would be "licensing".

39. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

TSW2_Cameron_1608898907_00.png
    I also support this. May have made doing this livery a bit easier :D

• Like Like x 3
  40. tallboy7648

That looks nice. DTG are working on a way in which we can finally share liveries and scenarios but in my opinion, this should've came when the game was launched in my opinion

41. ZeenozPlays

But didn't they say it didn't come with the game originally due to licensing issues? Maybe they've only just now figured a way to get past those problems?

• Like Like x 1
  42. tallboy7648

Livery designer is understandable but what about sharing scenarios. Did that have licensing issues as well hence why we can't share scenarios because I doubt that to be the case but of course I can be wrong

• Like Like x 1
  43. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

No. Scenario designer is because it'd have to be cross-platform, basically meaning DTG would have to design and build its own sharing platform.

I doubt my livery will be officially shareable even if livery designer sharing is officially made available since it has a mock LU logo on it, however you can download it here ;) https://mods.trainsimcommunity.com/...ritish-fictional/i33-pride-of-the-underground

• Like Like x 1
  44. ZeenozPlays

Scenarios are a different thing. My opinion on it is, why would you want to share a Scenario, with the current bare-bones Scenario Planner? Scenario Planner is currently just Point A-B, pick your stops, go.

I'd rather them add the option to share scenarios when we have more options and are able to make the scenarios more complex like some of the pre-made ones.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  45. tallboy7648

Hopefully with scenario designer 2.0, it will add more functionality to it besides an A to B quick drive

• Like Like x 1
  46. tallboy7648

That makes sense

47. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have armed forces liverys also but I think the only way these things will happen is if you make them in the livery designer yourself

• Like Like x 1
  48. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Cool idea, but can’t you just like... Make the logos from the decals in the designer already? It can’t be the that hard surely

49. tallboy7648

Some people may not have time to do that themselves or may not know how to do it so a sharing system would make it much easier

50. migueld

migueld Active Member

I'm a gay man myself and I really don't see the point in this, quite frankly I strongly disagree. DTG doesn't have the responsibility to make something just so you can show off your pride or to "support people in the closet". This is a train simulator, and they should focus on producing content related to the operation of trains, not putting gay flags and symbols so people can feel accepted and proud. The only time a flag or a logo of any kind should be in the game, is if it's actually there in real life, or has any correlation what so ever to the railway. Like I said, I am gay and proud, and find it ridiculous to have this purposely incorporated into the game for those reasons...

• Like Like x 7