End Of Year Q&a For Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think performance-wise it could be "guessable" how it performs... the true question and one I'd like to ask - Can TSW2 handle tilt mechanisms in trains (ICE-T/TD, Br 612, Pendolinos, Avelia Liberty, X2000, etc)?

• Like Like x 1
  2. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

why on earth was "SIFA not triggering emergency breaks on ICE3" removed from the roadmap as supposedly "not reproduceable" when both you (Matt) and Sam have said on streams after this happened to you, "oh, why is that happening, lets tell Adam to fix it" that is litterally a 1 minute test for the beta team, how have they said that is "NOT REPRODUCEABLE"

• Like Like x 5
  3. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

What was your favorite rail related memory you all made in both 2020, and the previous decade?

• Like Like x 1
  4. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Would you consider in the future to hold a open day so we could come to DTG and have a day about trains.

You could sell tickets. Provide drinks , refreshments. Have a talk. Booths for playing train sim ?

• Like Like x 2
  5. railwaykid2004

railwaykid2004 New Member

Hello Dovetail Games,
    I am really happy of train sim world 2, I recently got it for Christmas and I am really exited for the future content and add ons coming in the near future, which have been displayed on the roadmap, Such as Southeastern High Speed, Class 313 etc.

I live in Medway, which is on the SEHS route, so am intrigued to see how good the route will be.

my questions are below:
    On the Southeastern High Speed Route, will there be departure Boards?
    When is the next update?
    Why is the roadmap set up changing?
    How do you decide what route you’re going to do?
    How many sections of tsw2 workers do you have?
    What are you hoping for tsw2 next year?
    Are you thinking of adding livery designer to more preserved collection routes?
    Are you hoping to bring multiplayer in the future?

Also I need some help with something, if you can help and reply it would be fantastic, read below:

when train sim world came out for PS4 I bought and played, when tsw 2020 came out I bought it and played it almost every day, especially on GWR, but when I got TSW 2 for Christmas, unwrapped and started playing it, I could download all routes I had in tsw 2020 (Preserved Collection), excluding one, Great Western express (GWR), it said I had to pay £25 on both the in game store and the PlayStation Store, however it said there was a sale on so I had to pay £17.49, on the game I am signed into my dovetail live account, I would be very happy if I could get my dlc for free, as that is the rules if i had it on tsw 2020.

if you need my contact details I would be very happy to give them to you when you reply.

once again, I would be very thankful and happy if you can help my with th gwr issue and if you can look at my questions that would be fantastic,

Have a nice Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night, whenever you are reading this.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

Love the questions hope they answer these,

And to answer your question i would suggest contacting DTG customer support and they will be able to help you I beleive they will give you a code.

7. Ahja_GL

Ahja_GL New Member

➡️ Do we get routes from German third-party Developers for Train Sim World 2 such as Aerosoft and Justtrains? ➡️ Are you planning a really large German route such as high-speed Frankfurt or S-Bahn Rhein Main? ➡️Are we get a multiplayer for PS4 / Xbox / PC with crossplay? ➡️Are we getting new challenges in the Tsw mastery for all new routes? ➡️ Are we getting new designs for the br 423?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  8. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

When is it possible to share your own liveries for Xbox Ps4 and PC.

Will the 423 on Aachen Cologne with S-Bahn Cologne Livery be added?

Will there be a train set editor in the future?

9. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I have a few questions.
    What is involved in obtaining licenses is it a relatively quick straightforward process or is there a lot of discussions to be had? are most company’s willing to give them out? and are you able to give any insight in to how many companies your currently working with/trying to gain licenses?

Also could I ask how much on location work goes into creating a route? And have any of the DTG team been given a cab ride?

10. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

hmmm. now that you mentioned it, i had big hope for pendolinos in tsw2, but now my hope is smaller. Great observation. At least a route that dont use tilt mechanisms

11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes I would love to echo that question, it's been a little "conspiracy theory" of mine that TSW can't handle tilting trains, since the launch of the roadmap, due to the lack of the Acela in NEC and the absence of any other tilting trains, ICE-T did run in Hamburg-Lubeck for example, no WCML, etc... and it would be awesome to have an "official answer" from DTG.
    Also basically all Spanish high speed trains have passive tilting capabilities, so that would remove one of the bigger HSR operators from DTG's map, which would be a shame, also any WCML plan, unless it's before or after APT but before the Class 390.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. feuer1998

feuer1998 New Member

Hello,
    my question is:
    What impact does the Corona Pandemic have on the development of DLCs and patches?
    And what impact has it had on the main game?

Many greetings!

• Like Like x 1
  13. nathansworld97

nathansworld97 New Member

Will the whole preserved collection be getting livery designer compatibility?

14. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Any chance to get routes (and maybe locos) from "far-east" like India, Japan or China?

• Like Like x 2
  15. zannino#2757

zannino#2757 New Member

Are you planning a multiplayer part of TSW2?
    What could be the Features of a multiplayer mode in TSW2?

16. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

How is TSG's BR 420 integrated into HMA on the consoles when the layers are turned off?

17. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

it uses the DB BR 423 layers

18. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

As a PlayStation owner will it be possible to have away of deleting trains and routes within game soon as the PlayStation doesn’t have any option to do so within its system.The only way is to delete the whole game which is a right pain

19. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

why has the "class 52 glitch" on xbox not on the roadmap

20. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Are there any plans to introduce live weather? Or at least have the season and weather setting remember my selections instead of forcing me to cycle through it every time I start a service in timetabled mode?

21. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Just replaces the 423? That would be pretty disappointing. Then I don't need it at all when it's exactly the same, just with a different locomotive.

22. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

there will be dynamic weather in the future
    yeah sadly but be happy that there will prop come scenarios with it

23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s not the same thing as live real-world weather or current season weather though. I doubt they’ll answer ‘wether’ we’re getting that in the stream :D

• Like Like x 1
  24. dantherailwayman85

dantherailwayman85 New Member

Hello matt and sam so i have been wanting to see this route for tsw2 for ages. I know that me mentioning it isnt going to necessarily make anything happen but in the future i would love to see the tyne and wear metro on tsw2. There are 2 lines to pick from: the green line which is south hylton to Newcastle airport, and theres the yellow line which is south shields to st james in Newcastle. In total the whole network has 60 stations in total. Freight services pass through sometimes often being a br class 66 or a br class 60. The metro that runs on the line is a british rail class 994. Please consider this route as it is a great one.

25. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That would go in the suggestions section of the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  26. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

First off, I want to congratulate the team on what they have achieved this year + I love seeing Q&A sessions returning to Railfan TV, I'm excited for tonight!
    Some requests/questions:
    Some sort of teaser for an upcoming DLC or feature would be amazing!
    Some statistics would be interesting.
    An insight into the development process of producing content would be cool.
    Would also be nice to hear your goals and ambitions for TSW 2 in 2021.
    Maybe a reflection of the year?
    Is implementing more radio chatter a difficulty?
    Are historical routes harder to develop? (personally, I would absolutely love to see a german historical route :))
    Is it possible to program delays and train faults into the timetable?
    Don't know if this is an appropriate question but; are you working on integrating the EBuLa system?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Locking this one here as we've plenty to get through.

If your question started with the word "when" please anticipate that it won't be answered. We're not clairvoyant enough to be able to give those predictions and that is largely the reason for the roadmap's existence.

In some cases we'll answer questions that start with "will", but again many of these are asking for a glimpse into the future.

That said, we will be trying to get you the kind of answers that give you better insight into what we're up to, how we go about achieving it and what considerations are made when it comes to player feedback and our own aspirations.

• Like Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.