London Waterloo - Shepperton

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DB BR Germany, Apr 13, 2020.

1. DB BR Germany

DB BR Germany Member

I'd like to see the route from London Waterloo to Shepperton with the South West Trains.
    As on Portsmouth Direct Line on TS, I would suggest the class 455, the class 450 and the class 444.
    The route itsself is served by the class 455, other lines on parts of the route are served by the other two trains.
    I'd love to see this route because when I visit my friends in Shepperton we often take that line to travel to London and I am absolutely impressed of that train. It really looks beautiful!

• Like Like x 15
  2. EthanAfro

EthanAfro New Member

The 707s also operate this line as well normally

• Like Like x 1
  3. railwaykid2004

railwaykid2004 New Member

A route from Waterloo would be amazing, I think they should do Waterloo - chessington south, i has not been on tsw or ts before and it would be a great branch line, and the timing for the route is 40- 45 minutes, and Wimbledon depot can be in it

4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Very much like this branch. Perhaps also the spur to Epsom via Worcester Park too. Freight (stone) also operates from Tolworth yard.

5. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I would go for Shepperton above Chessington South as it covers more of a different section of the line (via Richmond) than has been done before in TS with the PDL PC. I used to live on the Shepperton line (St. Margaret's was my nearest station), so I'm a bit biased.

I'd like to see more than just one straight route though. It would be cool to see a "South West London Network" like we had the South London Network in TS. This would incorporate a few of the loop lines (Hounslow, Kingston) and some of the shorter branches, like Shepperton, Hampton Court, Chessington. Maybe even Windsor or Epsom/Cobham (but that might get a bit too big to produce).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I like this idea, I do think it's better to have some branch lines included in a route to keep it interesting. You could have a mini network with the Kingston loop to Waterloo via both routes, the Chessington South branch and Shepperton branch. This would still have a good variety of services but is just under 40 miles so is around the length of some routes we've had already. I could see this seriously testing the capabilities of the game though with the likes of Waterloo and Clapham Junction and intensive timetables.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. railwaykid2004

railwaykid2004 New Member

agreed, but do not think it will happen

8. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Another good route for tsw2 :)