Petition To Join Ruhr Sieg Nord And Rhein-ruhr Osten Into One.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Martin13, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

That's exactly how it is, merging RSN and RRO just to run a freight train is pointless.

A freight train between RSN and RRO can also be created with the scenario manager. Then you drive from Finnentrop to Hagen, you have an imaginary 5 minute waiting time at a red signal and then continue the journey on RRO to Wuppertal.

It is better to expand a route sensibly on which you can also drive passenger and freight trains. RSN could be extended to Siegen and RRO to Düsseldorf or Mönchen-Gladbach

2. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

It is obvious that an expansion would be way better. But in order to do an expansion they would have to create a brand new route which is going to take a lot of time and effort. On the other hand, merging RSN and RRO is something that doesn't take that long nor is that complicated.

With scenario manager you can also create a passenger train that runs from Finnentrop to Wuppertal if those two routes were to be merged.

3. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Why is everyone going on about that there are no passenger trains going the full merged route in real life?
    Firstly, changing at Hagen from one service to the other sounds rather interesting to me, and the ability to run freight trains the full length would be enough.
    Secondly, it is just a game. Yeah, I went there. Just put in a fictional line. Or make a train do the one thing and change number and continue on the other one.
    I really don't see the problem.

4. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

Because it is also a simulation that is based on real rail operations and there is no direct connection between the two routes. By the way, it is not even known that there are also freight trains that drive the entire route. Since many freight trains are being put together in Hagen that come from different directions. You can also argue differently why you should merge this route at all when you can create everything you want to do with the scenario manager. So you can play a freight train from Finnentrop to Hagen on RSN and then drive it on to RRO from Hagen to Wuppertal. So it makes a lot of sense to wish to extend routes such as RSN or RRO in order to be able to run the trains there on a longer route.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a question of priorities for DTG. Merging the routes would allow a long freight run but everything else has to be fudged. The development time would be better spent working on other things. Merging these routes is not going to be a higher priority than creating new routes. For anyone who wants to change trains at Hagen, that is possible now by changing routes with a couple of clicks and a loading screen. Putting in fictional passenger services isn’t something DTG have done on any route and a priority for TSW is creating realistic services, not fictional ones.

If at any point in the future they decide that their priorities have changed in these areas or they want an easy test of route merging, then this might be a way of doing it. The through freight would be a way of testing the concept but I very much doubt they would add a fictional passenger service. They are more likely to merge two other routes that do have through passenger services (no two routes yet exist that do but eventually they will).

• Like Like x 3
  6. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

And on top of that even if no passenger services can run the full line you can just make your own service with the scenario designer. Another thing that would be really cool to see is just how busy Hagen will be, because if the merger happens Hagen will have at least twice as much trains as it does now and I believe it will be something very cool to see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Going to threaten to lock this here as we have rules the prohibit bumping. Don't do it again.

• Like Like x 3
  8. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

It would be better because I always have to change when I am at Hagen to continue my ride to for example Wuppertal

9. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

But I would actually like to see the route Cologne-Wuppertal, then these routes could be perfectly connected together

• Like Like x 1
  10. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

I dont think they said either way if it was something they wanted to do. They just said about what they would need to do for it to happen

11. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Join the two routes together! You have my support!

12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well what if a new person saw this thread for the first time, responded to it and it went up. Threatening to lock it sounds stupid because of that and doesn't seem needed

13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's not the same as bumping.
    And the threads are still viewable even if they're locked so as long as the answer is there people can still read it, and of course can create a new thread if they have more queries

14. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

What you're missing from the picture is the post that was immediately above mine saying "bumping this thread".

15. tallboy7648

I do not see the post above yours saying "bumping this thread". It could've beem deleted or I must be blind

16. ARuscoe

Looks like it's been deleted but the point stands. Bumping posts is against forum rules

17. tallboy7648

Thanks for becoming the community manager by reminding people of the rules again lol

18. ARuscoe

If people are still doing those things then they might need a poke, and not just by CMs

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ewan Whiteside

Ewan Whiteside New Member

I am shocked at the lack of respect between certain members on this forum, and especially on this thread. Such a shame as this community doesn’t have to be about childish remarks and comments!

20. tallboy7648

Welcome to the forums mate

• Like Like x 1