Dc Electrics Unleashed!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Feb 27, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

[​IMG]
    The Woodhead Electric Railway in Blue is Out Now!
    Yes! The highly anticipated, extensively re-worked, and Pro Range-worthy Woodhead Electric Railway in Blue route is available now for virtual Train Simulator service!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Awesome news! Awesome news indeed!
    Looking fabulous! :love:

3. Stig

Stig New Member

Good so far, but I believe it lacks sufficient information in the manual, and no tutorials.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Very disappointing because of all the errors -
    Track Layout wrong
    Signals missing at Piccadilly

I have raised a ticket with DTG Support.

Also people are reporting problems with the Quick Drive - East Bound just causes the computer to crash and westbound has a derailment near Sheffield

5. Stig

Stig New Member

And is there any reason I can't go faster than 40 mph with the Class 76? Currently doing "The Easter Tommy - 21st April 1981" scenario.

6. Dan_Der_Man

Dan_Der_Man Active Member

I was playing the [506] 03. 2H78 Man Picc To Hadfield scenario and noticed this bridge was missing between Hyde Road and Gorton :/ seems to be a few like this along the route. Submitted a support ticket. (BTW scenery and graphics are on max). But other than that the route is very well done! 20180228090211_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  7. Dan_Der_Man

Dan_Der_Man Active Member

Eg. Glossop in game Vs In real life 7119335875_036aae7e64_b.jpg WD506_01.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I'd really love to see the Northeast Corridor New York to Philadelphia get this treatment. With a reworked AEM-7, Amfleets coaches with passenger views, and finally, the inclusion of an Amfleet Cab Car. It should also include the Hoboken Terminal, Princeton Branch for slight variations in NJT operations. Then, maybe as an added bonus the Atlantic City Branch.

I'd also hope to see the route setup provisions for the possible future expansion of the Keystone Corridor from Philadelphia to Harrisburg.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a read on the article on the Class 76.
    When you start from Guide Bridge notch up in Series until you get to F.F (Full Field) then move the Ser/Par handle to Parallel.
    Move the power handle from Full Field to Notch 1 and you will see the indicator Needles jump slightly - you are now in Parallel.

Peter

10. Stig

Stig New Member

Thank you for answering. That's exactly what I was doing. Could only do maximum 40 mph in Parallel in "top-notch"

11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

How does this new version of the Woodhead Line compare to the one created some years ago and still available for sale? I bought the older version when it first appeared, enjoyed driving it, and wrote a scenario or two for it. I'd like to add this newer version to my collection, but am wondering whether there could be a discount for buyers of the previous Woodhead. If not, I'll just wait for a sale, I guess.

12. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

The route is already less than most routes and just about the same or a little more than the average loco dlc. So it’s like they’re giving a discount at regular retail.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

They have taken the old route and just made a number of cosmetic changes to make the line look as it did from about 1970 until the line closed between Hadfield and Penistone in 1981. But although great time and effort has been spent on the Class 76 and Class 506 they seemed to spend less time in getting the railway correct - There are problems with the Track Layout, Signals, Buildings.

I was looking forward to this but I'm quite disappointed - probably because I can see what is wrong having worked over the line.

Peter