Livery Designer | Logo Designer / Uploader

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Adamgrant3, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

Hi, it would be good if we could have the ability to upload PNG Files into the livery designer so that we can add custom logos we have created. I am new the Livery designer but wanted to at least have the ability to have options to create / upload custom logos etc

• Like Like x 3
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

DTG has said they can't do this due to licensing restrictions. If they did this, it would allow people to upload real company logos, and in some cases this breaks the licensing agreement with RR's in the game, and violates copyright laws for those not in the game.

3. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

What i mean here is i am a graphics designer and design custom logos. and export them to png or vecta graphics

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not everybody would be using the facility to upload pngs to upload their own work, they would upload other people’s protected images. That’s the issue, not what you are going to do with it, it’s the other things it allows.

5. Daniel Christopher

Daniel Christopher Member

I like the idea of a decal creator so you can create a logo and it becomes a decal so you can move it across locos.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

I wonder why it is such an issue for DTG when Gran Turismo Sport has a similar feature, where uploading companies' logos has never (to my knowledge) been an issue.

7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Polyphony Digital has the backing of Sony plus are better financially to handle such issues if they arise.

Though not everything is paintable. The Mercedes W08 is one such vehicle that can't be used in the livery editor of GT Sport (For obvious reasons).

• Like Like x 1
  8. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

You don't need permission to use any company logo for personal use, the only problem that would arise is if you sold your work or for DTG if they used it in promotional materials.

In GT Sport you can't buy the created liveries, they're either shared for others personal use or kept private nor do Polyphony Digital use any created liveries in promotional trailers or the GT FIA Series so it's perfectly fine to stick a Tom's Castrol livery on a Super GT Nissan GTR.

There are exceptions though as you said with the Mercedes W08 EQ Power+ but that's to do with the Formula 1 licence, specifically because PD don't have one and allowing people to create full F1 races on official F1 tracks like Suzuka or Barcelona through use of the livery editor is pushing the boundaries and would probably end up with FOM and Codemasters hitting PD with a lawsuit as soon as players started uploading these races to YouTube.

As for this game, if DTG say its for licensing issues then I can only guess that their contracts with the various train operators are fairly restrictive on having their official logo on a train with an unofficial livery for various reasons.

• Like Like x 1