(uk) Gsm-r Functionality.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daniel Christopher, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Daniel Christopher

Daniel Christopher Member

(GSM-R is a form of radio comms device.)
    This is mostly for audio immersion and wouldn't really serve a day-to-day purpose in timetable mode but could have some potential in scenarios. It would be an extra thing to play around with and would be a nice feature to have in-game.
    Also feel free to add any suggestions to this thread.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

Also other radio systems such as NRN and CSR, also it would be interesting to see fully functioning TMS's. I have always wanted to see GSM-R in TSW as it is a feature on third-party developers trains for TS such as Armstrong Powerhouse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’d rather have them spend development time on something more useful in the cab - such as upgrading the functionality of the very basic TMS we have for the 377.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I would actually quite like the have (most) of the functions of the GSM-R; not all would be able to be controllable such as the Big-Red Do Not Touch button, and the Yellow SIG button because the red button will stop all trains and require a talk to the signaller, and nearly the same for the yellow button. But the process of inputting the TRN (train reporting number) and reporting when you are at a Signal at danger, would be great.

5. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

The SG button does no such thing, and requires no verbal contact with the signaller. It only notifies the signaller that the train is stopped at a signal that is on. A lot of TOCs' policies actually state that the SG button should be pressed as soon as you come to a stand at a red you aren't expecting (of course your route knowledge will be the basis of this). All in all it's function and consequences are very different to the emergency button.

6. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

Oh and forgot to add, because the signaller in TSW isn't human, a functional SG button would be totally pointless, like the rest of the system.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

My apologies! I can remember most of the GSM-R stuff, but not all haha. But yeah definitely it depends on the company for the Waiting time for waiting at reds.