PC Rapid Transit: Pzb Random Braking?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Hype652, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Hype652

Hype652 Member

I don't know if this belongs to a discussion or off topic, but I seem to be having a problem with the PZB when moving at high speeds. When I am at 165 km/h the train gives me full emergency brakes and the train comes to a complete stop, before I can take controle of the train again. There wasn't any signaling with yellow or mixed, it was just a clear green signal at 165 km/h
    I don't know, if it is because the PZB will only alow me to drive at 165 km/h, because I know that the train can maximun get to 167 km/h, but I don't really see higher speeds after 165 km/h and the train still brakes.

(Just so you know: I am not used to drive with PZB because I was so terrible at it. But after some time and lerning, I've then managed to use it and I know all the aspects, distences and timing, so that the train is safe.)

So my question is:

Is the random braking of the PZB an fault?
    Or is it because the train that goes over 165 km/h?
    Would it help to set the cruise control to 165 or 160 km/h?

(Sorry if my spelling or english in general is bad, but I'm from Denmark, so my PC uses Danish gramma)

• Like Like x 1
  2. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

I think that PZB activates when you travel faster than 160 km/h as the train isn't supposed to go faster than that. I recall that Matt said in one of his live streams that such a PZB activation would happen.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Thank you for the very fast anwser NorthRail, I just thought that the PZB was allowed at 165 km/h, but I am totally new to PZB, so that is my bad :)

4. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

PZB is for driving in trains up to 160kmh, after that the LZB is used because with speeds faster then 160kmh its impossible to brake and stop in front of red signals.
    LZB uses in cab signaling so you can go 250kmh and faster ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

For further information, there is no LZB in the DB BR 1442 as it is restricted to 160 km/h, in faster trains such as InterCity trains, the locomotive would automatically change from PZB to LZB when entering an LZB zone. As there is no LZB in the BR 1442, the brakes apply at 160 km/h where PZB functionality ends.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Thanks for the anwser :) I have very little knowlegde about the LZB, because I’ve never used it. But now I know why the random Breaking occured ;)

7. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Thanks for the reply! I knew that the train didn’t use LZB, but Thank you for helping :)

8. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

PZB kicks in once you go faster than 165 km/h, as it's not designed to be used with speeds in excess of 160 km/h. The 5 km/h difference is tolerance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

if you look around the cab - on the right hand side there is a sticker saying "maximum allowed speed: 160kph" ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Thank you for the information, I need to use my eyes more often ;)

11. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Thanks for letting me know :)