Train Sim World 2 - Southeastern Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 8, 2021.

1. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I like that route. A high speed train and a commuter. The Javelin is powered overhead and after Ebbsfleet with third rail. And with the Class 395 we will have the 5th high speed train in TSW. It would be perfect if the Class 66 would appear at the mainline for freight action like in TS. And if not now perhaps as a loco addon in the future :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Unfortunately due to the nature of the line in TSW, and where it cuts off, there is next to no chance of seeing any freight in SEHS.

1.) There are no suitable wagons modelled for freight services along the line. Hoo yard mostly receives engineers wagons, which we don’t have in TSW.

2.) The absolute maximum mileage we’d be able to drive a freight in SEHS would be around 5 miles.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for this route, but I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that we are only getting a VERY small section of HS1. I would have much preferred the route to go as far as Ashford, and then go to Dover via Folkestone for the classic line stuff.

The Marseille- Avignon route got me very excited for more high speed routes, and if it was from St Pancras to Ashford we could have had excellent DLC in the form of Eurostars. I would LOVE to be able to drive the Class 373 in Train Sim World some day.

I'm still very excited about this route being added though! :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

That's interesting. Do railtours often run on the classic lines so we might at least see them included in the route?

Also are there any depots for the 375 on the route so there can be empty depot runs etc?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Gillingham depot. There's also Hoo Junction, a freight yard.

• Like Like x 2
  6. londonmidland

1.) I would assume railtours venture over the classic lines at some point so there's the potential for a railtour to go from Northfleet (if modelled) to Faversham.

2.) There seems to be quite a few empty stock moves to and from Faversham sidings and Gillingham E.M.U.D. Although its up to DTG as to whether they will include these services or not. I sincerely hope they do otherwise it'll be quite a mundane service pattern with the 375.

• Like Like x 5
  7. NorthSaints

NorthSaints New Member

Looks good and will probably buy but would've been nice if the sheerness branch was included to add some variety considering there will both be the 375 and 465 and only 8 stations to run them between

• Like Like x 8
  8. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Where will the 395s go when out of service in the dlc

• Like Like x 3
  9. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Wow this line looks long! Also does the UK high-speed line use the same wayside signs as the SNCF? It looks like it.

What railroad uses this line? Same as the East Coastway? Sorry not British so don't really know anything about this line, I'm assuming it'll be like the GWE line with high-speed on one side and regular line on the other?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

no eastcoastway doesnt run there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brad_Jf

Brad_Jf Member

yes but John the thing that you cannot be is selfish. And I’m afraid you are, because there are people playing in Xbox or ps4 who have not experienced this route or any train simulator at all. Pc players don’t have to buy this if they don’t want to, but you have to remember console players have never experienced a train simulator before let alone a great high speed route. Please respect this, hopefully after the pandemic or when they have more people in the office, we will see better routes and maybe some steam

• Like Like x 6
  12. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Steam would only be fun if we can accidently make a boiler explosion. The only bad thing is when they port these to console they are really stripping them down to the bare minimum. If it was a 1 to 1 change I'd be okay with it, but when you clearly are getting less to work with than the pc version it sort of sucks. Getting less for the same price is meh!:|

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we could get stock moves from Sittingbourne too for out of service Sheerness units, if not for the 375 then for the 465 maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

the HS1 segment of the route uses the same signalling system as the LGV line, so the trackside TVM markers will be the same, as for the route, it is mostly ran by Southeastern, and shared by Eurostar trains on the HS1 part of the route, no local commuter services use this part of the route so the 395 will run it exclusively in the DLC, then at Ebbsfleet the 395 branches off HS1, onto the Chatham mainline, which it will share with the 375 commuter services, and the 465 at a later date with the additional DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Indeed TVM 430 which is the exact same one as in the LGV DLC + KVB between Saint Pancras and the start of HS1

• Like Like x 2
  16. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Lovely cannot wait

• Like Like x 1
  17. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Chatham station should look perfect. Or I'll be pretty disappointed seeing as that is where DTG is.

• Like Like x 3
  18. sophieclarke1983

Well said people have to remember that tsw2 totally different likewise for people in tsw2 there’s a lot of routes and trains such as pacers turbostars and sprinters that tsw2 players don’t have that are in train simulator

• Like Like x 2
  19. sophieclarke1983

Faversham and London st pancreas

• Like Like x 1
  20. sophieclarke1983

But what you have to think of is the improved performance on new consoles

• Like Like x 1
  21. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It is really unfair (and annoying) when console players keep complaining about "getting less". It was your own decision to play it on console, knowing that consoles do not have the same firepower as PCs. That is not DTGs fault, but for you to be able to play it on console they HAVE to strip it down so your console doesn't melt down or stutters all the time in game (which would also make you complain I assume). There could be a discussion about the all the things PC players don't get because of consoles, haven't seen that though, so let's not go there from either side! :)

Back to topic: Really excited about the route, looking forward to the first streams. Not yet sure what the route will be like, but thanks to previous posts the picture is getting clearer and clearer :)

• Like Like x 2
  22. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of modern English electric routes, and I love the 377 on ECW (also excited for the 313!), so I'm well looking forward to this route :)

• Like Like x 3
  23. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Hopefully the sheerness branch will be included, but... well.... I'm not getting my hopes up. Also let's hope they don't remove the lines in the map that you can't drive. The map looks boring when they do that all the TGV map, London underground map, Oakville sub....... etc etc

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  24. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

And it mostly wasn't our decision that consoles are far cheaper and easier to use than PCs.

Stop complaining. This isn't a 'PC mAsTeR RaCe' thread.

• Like Like x 6
  25. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So from St. Pancras, there's a bit of KVB, then 20-30 km of TVM and then typical British safety systems to Faversham?

• Like Like x 2
  26. sophieclarke1983

The tvm system works from st pancreas to ebbsfleet international on overhead system then from ebbsfleet to faversham 3rd rail dc aws and conventional signalling all way to faversham if you want to see route ptg rail on YouTube got good videos covering both directions on train simulator release of London to faversham and back

• Like Like x 1
  27. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

My point exactly ;)

• Like Like x 2
  28. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

No the TVM works at the entrance of the HS1 so first you’ll have the KVB from St Pancras to London Tunnel 1 then TVM then at the entrance of 3 rail section typical British system

• Like Like x 2
  29. Finlay

Finlay Member

Not quite . Class 375 and 395 trains share the same route from faversham and just before ebbsfleet , where the 375 goes to northfleet and beyond , and the 395 goes on the high speed line to St Pancras

• Like Like x 3
  30. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Wait... so we will only run 375s on half the route?

• Like Like x 3
  31. sophieclarke1983

Question is will 375 be accurate as seen on train simulator videos on YouTube or will the audio just be copied from the east coastway 377 electrostar and passed off as 375 motor audio

• Like Like x 2
  32. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Very very excited for it. My birthday soon so I can get it with that yaay

• Like Like x 2
  33. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Problem is. There are loads of ts routes so to make another complete new one would be possible however there are so little routes to do from scratch so they are making the routes from ts into tsw2 because there are no other routes to do/that would work.

• Like Like x 2
  34. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Third rail and pantograph

• Like Like x 2
  35. Finlay

Finlay Member

I really hope the 377 sounds aren’t used on the 375 . The sound could be so much better on both trains

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  36. Finlay

Finlay Member

Pretty much yep

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Finlay

Finlay Member

But not everyone has the money for a full pc gaming setup

• Like Like x 2
  38. Finlay

Finlay Member

Yep I only hope dtg improve the sounds

• Like Like x 1
  39. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

To be honest they gonna reuse sounds from TS and I won’t be surprised if the 377 will be used for the 375

• Like Like x 3
  40. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

That’s what I’d love to see too, it’s a lovely little branch in TS Classic!

• Like Like x 2
  41. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Sheerness branch too but I suspect it won't be included sadly. I think they would have probably mentioned it.

• Like Like x 3
  42. londonmidland

Unfortunately so. The max potential you can get out of the 375 per run is only around 30 mins before it terminates/goes off the map.

• Like Like x 5
  43. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Release is in 2 or 3 weeks end of January probably

• Like Like x 1
  44. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The TSW 377 uses several AP sounds.

• Like Like x 4
  45. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

The route is London-Faversham, the part from London St. Pancras to Ebbsfleet international is on the dedicated high speed HS1 line (Stratford international is the only other stop on this part. Northfleet station is very close to Ebbsfleet intl on the North Kent line. After this the route goes via the North Kent line to Strood where at a junction near Rochester this route then goes onto the Chatham main line between Rochester and Faversham.

So for the services:
    Class 395:
    London St. Pancras int'l - Faversham - The whole length of the route, which is about a 55 minute journey
    London St. Pancras int'l - Ramsgate - You would operate this from St. Pancras to Faversham, then AI would continue)
    London St. Pancras int'l - Margate/Dover Priory - If they include these services, you would operate this from St. Pancras to Ebbsfleet, where it then goes onto Ashford int'l before Margate/Dover Priory, which is about a 20 minute journey.

Class 375 (and later class 465 with the DLC):
    London Victoria - Ramsgate/Dover Priory - you would operate this from Faversham to Rochester, which is about a 30 minute journey, where it then goes via the Chatham Main Line to Victoria.

Class 465 only (for the DLC):
    London Charing Cross - Gravesend (via Sidcup) - If Northfleet station is modelled, and the services are included, you could drive this 1 stop from Northfleet to Gravesend.

Thameslink class 700:
    Luton - Rainham - If this was ever a DLC you could operate this from Northfleet (if modelled) or Gravesend to Rainham (which is between Rochester and Faversham on the route). This is also a journey of around 30 minutes.

I thoroughly hope people are not expecting to be able to drive the 375/465 for an hour on the whole length of this route - because that is not what you will be able to do on this route (well not without off the rails mode in scenario planner)

In the end of year Q&A, Matt mentioned that they are in contact with Armstrong Powerhouse about sounds for several locos, and they have used their sounds in the past. The problem at times has been the sound mixing.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  46. londonmidland

Bear in mind it uses AP’s ancient sound pack, not their much improved new one.

I hope we get better sounds for the 375 but I wouldn’t bet any money on this happening.

• Like Like x 4
  47. sophieclarke1983

Though having said that Finlay remember the replay value as once route comes in you can do whatever you like in scenario planner so in practice if you fancied it you can run 375 all way from London to faversham by using scenario planner in off the rails mode

• Like Like x 2
  48. sophieclarke1983

How can you be so sure no official release date been given yet

• Like Like x 1
  49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Unless they surprise us with a bit more length - which I doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  50. sophieclarke1983

The way round that is solved by using scenario planner and doing as you see fit with the 375 or javelin

• Like Like x 4