New Patch Just Came Out

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Jan 11, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

A new patch has just started downloading at 949.7 MB. Looking at the steamdb, it appears that LGV is receiving some patches, not sure on anything else at the moment. Hopefully we will here the full details of this patch soon.

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1282590/history/?changeid=10439861

• Like Like x 2
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

upload_2021-1-11_10-47-46.png
    I don't own LGV yet Steam's just pushed a 267MB update, so there must be more they've updated. Suppose we'll just have to wait for patch notes. Maybe related to SE High Speed (ie themed update)?

3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

5. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

was this patch 5 days late ?
    the notes where posted on the 6th

6. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Title says it's for 11th January (which is today) so probably not.

7. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Just had an update that was about 4.87gb on my Xbox one and I dont own LGV as yet

8. grolbu#3497

grolbu#3497 New Member

I also don't own the LGV, and got the 267mb update. It took about 45 seconds to download, and has just tipped past 1 hour to install. Gotta love installers that update 1 byte at a time ...

• Like Like x 3
  9. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Only 267mb or so update for me but it always seems to take longer for it to update than other games I have.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

More information about the update for you here.

• Like Like x 2
  11. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Wait what? None of this stuff was on the roadmap. I thought the next arrival was supposed to be the livery designer for East Coastway and fixes to GWE and NTP?

• Like Like x 2
  12. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

What is meant by "including preserved collection"? There's only stuff listed for LGV and SKA.

• Like Like x 3
  13. DTG Natster

That is a good point, it's usually because the updates roll out for all DLC, preserved collection included. The notes have been amended.

• Like Like x 3
  14. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Ah ok

15. Clumsy Pacer

It was probably put on the roadmap and then taken off (because it's been released) between 2 roadmap updates. Its been nearly a month since the last roadmap and tbh these look like relatively small fixes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Clumsy Pacer

Same here. Although having said that I stopped the install and restarted it and downloaded over 4GB. No idea why especially given I don't own LGV.

17. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It took far, far longer to install than to download again, UE games are really bad for this. They need to break their pak files up into smaller items, but I don't think an individual developer can do that, its the way UE is built.

18. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

DTG already break their pak into the smaller ones as main pak was before 30 GB and now its only 1.5 GB. But that update today download even BKL and SPG (they are not listed in that update log) so prealocating take long time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clumsy Pacer

As far as I can tell the only thing updated to the core game was adding the Talent 2 from Koln-Aachen back into the scenario editor. All the rest of the updates were for LGV.

20. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

250 mo in 5 sec in fibre!

Installe 3 mn .
    Buy yourself a real PC and there will be no more problems installing the games.

In short, I am very happy with this patch, thank you DTG.
    I say this because I really feel like people are coming to this plea rather than other stuff when they should be happy with the patches and updates.

• Like Like x 3
  21. gfysps4gaming

gfysps4gaming Member

not happy they not fixed the AMD Issues im still having issues everytime i press a button it freezes the game for like 2 secs and also does same when move camera for same 2 secs its a pain i even have proof of this going on my You Tube Channel GFYS Gaming Australia folks the issue was fixed in mid october then came back when the LGV french line was launched i wish dovetail would update and fix the issue before adding anything else so sick of the luck of updates for the game get people in that can fix the game its in a huge mess

22. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

As far as i can tell you have no idea which files get updated and you just following the stuff from the update log. So surprise... BKL and SPG files got updated too...i have no idea what changed as there is no update log for that but you can check your TSW paks folder and you will see that all core .pak files were updated.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Clumsy Pacer

Alright. I guess that's me put in my place.

24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It seems the posted patch notes are very, very incomplete. This update replaces the core .pak files for far more than just TGV and SKA.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. solicitr

Files showing a Jan 11 Date Modified include the TSW2 .exe file (the main program) and all the .ini files as well as the core game .pak and those for the base routes, SPG, SKA and Bakerloo. I don't see any changes to DLC, Preserved or not, although I don't have LGV and that apparently was updated. Still, far more changes were made than just to LGV and the missing Talent!

(incidentally, I have NEVER had a little 268-MB file take so bloody long to install! Although that may be Steam's fault rather than DTG's.)

• Like Like x 2
  26. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

So are we still unsure as to what this patch actually contains/did?

• Like Like x 1
  27. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Seems to be a common occurrence with updates for anything to do with DTG, no one seems to have a clue when it comes to what has been updated.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If updates are being installed, surely we should be given a definitive list of everything that has been changed. We don’t see this level of detail on console, so what do the files that have been altered do in game and has anybody noticed any improvements in performance on the core routes in general? I’ve not played the game since the update so don’t know.

• Like Like x 1
  29. bowie87

bowie87 Member

It was the same with the previous update. The changelog wasn't complete too. With the previous update the missing sun returned on PS4 . This bug was on the roadmap, but not in the changelog.

• Like Like x 2
  30. DTG Natster

The update notes that are linked above are accurate and correct. Some of the fixes listed were implemented before they made it on to the Roadmap.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Not so important bugs get fixed before they even make it on the roadmap and game breaking bugs (Red signal on "Talented Takeover" on PS4) get removed from the roadmap and are still unsolved. Interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  32. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I think we need to be a little bit more patient and let devs have some flexibility as well. The important thing is that issues are fixed even if not every single topic they changed in the software is described, or the way they changed it is fully explained in the changelogs or roadmaps. We should be aware of the major fixes and things which are relevant due to their impact in gameplay, and being fair with DTG, that has been the case so far in my opinion.

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  33. solicitr

Could be that's because little bugs are often easier to fix than big bugs.

34. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

This is the second update in a row which has caused some of the routes in TSW2 to crash UE. This time its Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen while last time was SPG. Its a easy fix since I just have to run the verifier to replace the bad files. Its just a pain that it happens.

• Helpful Helpful x 1