Holborn Viaduct–herne Hill

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by budtheweiser, Jan 12, 2021.

1. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

the line runs between St Pancras Thameslink & London Bridge & Herne Hill this
    St Pancras Thameslink
    Farringdon
    City Thameslink
    London Blackfriars
    London Bridge
    Elephant & Castle
    Loughborough Junction Herne Hill
    the trains used on the line is the class 700 Electric Multiple Unit
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's been in 3rd party production for several years so not sure if it's continuing or not

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Yes, I can count three WIP projects by Danny. Suspect he's rather busy at DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ARuscoe

For me that says "they're not being worked on"

6. ARuscoe

You wouldn't be the first person to be chased off by the community, and if ATS are causing issues then contact Alan directly as he seems reasonable enough for the most part (and not afraid of telling people to get lost when needs be)

Haven't seen your work as stick away from WIP stuff (in fact I hate it when published works are unfinished as it wrecks my scenario building) so maybe offer your work to others and see if they can continue. Then again there is some WIP stuff out there which is deemed "good enough for some" so who knows (the 700 desiro pack is a case in point)

Either way, anyone willing to put their necks on the block for the advancement of the cause is good by me and if others disagree, more fool them

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

I find people on forums do come across as "angry and disgruntled" a lot mainly because it's flat text (though there are some who are outright rude even if they don't know it)
    And yes "something happened in 2020"

8. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Danny, ignore the critics. What do they know about route building and what do they know about your personal life. Considering you do this in your spare time, nobody has the right to criticise
    Hats off to you for your contributions to TS.
    Personally I can wait or even if they are never finished, so what.

9. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

the route will need to have AWS & TPWS on the Thameslink core

10. SJA

SJA Active Member

I've always found that difficult to understand. Alan T does try to reason with the community that DTG have ensured the continuation of the simulator into the 2020s. It falls on deaf ears at times but then he takes a fair amount of stick himself from other areas of train sim.

But some areas of the community (and indeed, many niche communities) seem fairly rife with people who either have agendas against whoever the big bad corporation is (DTG putting extra fluoride in our water again rah rah) and when combined with a lack of social skills or a lack of will to use them, it can come off as very rude.

Also I would echo what Cat says in that when people are bashing something you are putting out for free to anyone with the some of, or all of the requirements, the fact that the item doesn't cost anything in itself kind of elevates it to a "take it, leave it or leave it alone" status. The freeware scenario packs on ATS also have absolute laundry lists of requirements but I've never even considered posting narky comments about the fact lol. I just leave 'em alone. Feedback is one thing and sometimes the lines can blur depending on the demeanour of the individual, but I've seen plenty of comments in niche communities that are just scummy.

At the end of the day your route merges and extensions have proved popular amongst many (myself included) and opened up possibilities that many people weren't even considering early on in the simulator. That is the thing to take pride in as your contribution to the community. If you'd sooner move away from doing them in your free time then anyone who is reasonable will understand, but at the same time I dislike seeing someone's passion, motivation and even mental health being knocked by people who should really be taking closer looks at themselves and what they are saying to people online.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I don't care what people at ATS think. Let me be frank: they can't have anything unless there is an AP train on it, and AP trains are not sold on Steam. So there is a huge rift between the communities that is caused by them alone. And they clearly do not like the fact that you are more aligned to the Steam community as a discussions moderator. That is the type of thing a certain subset of Internet user in general does not like.

Just do your projects. There are people out there who love them. They may take time, and that's fine. If you want to seek outside help to bring your personal projects to fruition and help build based on your direction while you do your day job, do it. Don't let ATS ruin it for you. What they want is for paid routes through ATS or free with expensive annual subscriptions to ATS, not free routes through Steam Workshop or elsewhere. Keep doing the fun stuff in your spare time, but only when you feel inspired. Don't ever feel like there is a deadline to satisfy us. There are people who love them and we want to see what inspires you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Where is the ATS community? I've seen a forum on his website that's seldom used, and on which I haven't lingered as the text is too small to read.

13. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

ATS streams and YouTube videos I would think.

14. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Would anyone in the community be able to finish it off and release it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

I still intend on finishing it :) (just my free time hasn't been so great)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Hopefully we get to see it done. :)