Simrail 2021 Vs Tsw2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arapajoe3, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Pit

Pit Member

Some new screenshots from SimRail 2021:
    Zrzut ekranu (25).jpg Zrzut ekranu (26).jpg Zrzut ekranu (29).jpg Zrzut ekranu (34).jpg Zrzut ekranu (32).jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Those shots look stunning

• Like Like x 2
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Wow. The graphics, lighting, scenery and complexity of the OHLE looks amazing.

• Like Like x 5
  4. hightower

hightower Guest

Is it just me, or does it look very much like an AP enhanced TS2021?

• Like Like x 2
  5. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

really ? :D
    Are you aware about last games out on the market ? :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It all looks pretty good, but graphics alone don't make a good game or a good simulation. Lets wait until it's all released and reviews are coming in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Competition is good for everyone, gives the customer choice and reminds the company that " If you do not look after your customers someone else will"

Mike

• Like Like x 11
  8. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

The question will be; What do the developers mean by: multiplayer

Drive past each other once and you're done? To be able to ride / take turns in one train?
    Controls and security on the tracks?
    Stellwerk is already known, but that would also be over very quickly. Drive over it once, done .....

For me, the game stands or falls with the extent to which they will implement it from the gameplay. And now this publisher is not known for multiplayer. The same applies to Dovetail, which is meant by multiplayer.

It will be interesting to see, even if I don't think it will appear this year.
    The publisher is also known for this so far. A lot of projects and hardly any of them make it on time.

9. elatn

elatn Active Member

I am really looking forward to this game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I have nothing to say about DTG. After all, it is working hard for our favorite railway game. What I want to say is DTG, please use real landscapes and close-ups rather than artistic landscapes.

• Like Like x 2
  11. testtogo300

testtogo300 New Member

To be honest, this game looks more like TS than TSW. I am also kind of suspicious, considering that there are a fair amount of typos on the Steam page... Anyways, we'll wait and see how it is...

• Like Like x 2
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The screenshots do look good, I must say. I will be keeping an eye on it's progress. I wouldn't purchase until some content which interests me is released. It will be interesting to see what features it has.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Nice screenshots- Wish them success - but for now, the mix of train simulators I have are fulfilling my desires - Run8 for heavy american freight with line side industries and prototypical type runs, TS2021 with the variety of DLC routes and well made scenarios and TSW with its well developed Time-table - and very interactive locomotives and greatly reproduced environments.

Don’t think I have enough time to dedicate to another train simulation - still have several hundred of scenarios to run in TS2021 :)

• Like Like x 5
  14. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll manage without you. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Ok....

16. testtogo300

testtogo300 New Member

I think that they are trying to capture a new part of the market. People who want multiplayer, signalling, etc.

17. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This is a game that I'll be getting to see how it is.

• Like Like x 2
  18. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it looks that spectacular. But dispatcher/signalbox mode looks interesting, and it looks as though that can be used without needing to do multiplayer.

19. Michael Newbury

Hoping to see more of their dev logs on this as they progress closer to release time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. testtogo300

testtogo300 New Member

Same, would really love to see what they have to offer.

My biggest problem with the most recent screenshots is the ballast, it looks... off.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Instantly recognisably Polish! Not all is a rusted colour, but it definitely looks strange compared to the more Western railways.

[​IMG]

Cheers

22. michael hooley

Looks ok to me?.

• Like Like x 2
  23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It looks good to me as well

• Like Like x 1
  24. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Looks good to me but TSW2 have better graphics. But maybe they have better headlight in loco and better lighting in city's dark sky in nights and so. So overall it is better graphics quality then TSW2. We see end of this year.

25. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Because polish developers using Unity, DTG - UE4)

• Like Like x 1
  26. 59321747

Whether using new or old graphics, I only support realistic simulation experience and the fidelity of close-up shooting. This is what I want to fully map the real-world route railway. What DTG complains about most is the artistry of the route. Good artists' materials may also be taken from the real world. Please don’t modify the human nature bridge of a section of the route to replace others. What I need is every place in the route. The real path. How to deal with buildings that cannot be displayed in the game due to permission issues, then please make a city scenery area.

27. martschuffing

Personally, I think TSW2's ballast isn't brilliant either, there's a couple of routes TGV especially where there's a horrible repeating pattern totally unrealistic; wish they could manage to vary the shade and make it patchy as in real life! ;)

• Like Like x 4
  28. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

So would you want to wait like a year for a route and pay for it like three times of the standard price? Yeah, things CAN be done better in TSW, no question. But having everything 1:1 in the game? I think this is a little bit too much to expect from TSW. And I don't see why this should be done at all. Yeah, show us the landmarks, the bridges, the train stations. But I don't care if a random buildung along the route is the real one or just some generic house that looks a bit like it.

• Like Like x 1
  29. martschuffing

Which is better suited to large open-world projects, easier to use, and faster too so I have seen on youtube.

If you want to develop a shooter then go for Unreal imo.

30. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

It really doesnt matter which engine are they using if devs dont use maximum of what the engine can offer (nice example is TSW 2 as they dont really use maximum of UE4).

31. 59321747

The real geography makes people immersive, although I may not be able to travel anywhere in my life. All my requirements are to do everything in reality. I will not ask DTG to achieve 100%, but I hope they can achieve 90%.

32. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It looks good, but
    - Performance? Can we run it at a normal computer?
    - No trains,are the trains as good as the landscape?
    - I see mainly a rural area, that is much easier than an urban area

But, looking forward to see it become available, it will not harm us to have a real choice.

33. TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy Member

From what I've seen in the screenshots and trailer it looks pretty decent. But I think I'll wait with buying until it has been released and there are some gameplay vids on YouTube. Would be a waste if you buy it immediately on release only to find out it isn't what you expected.

34. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

As there is Steam refund it is never waste, you can buy it, try for less than 2 hours (that should show you if you will like it or not) and than refund it if you dont like it. I dont really trust gameplay youtube videos or reviews.

35. Michael Newbury

The best thing to do is not to rush out and buy it. Wait and see how others find the game and if it turns out to worth buying then go ahead and get it. Or like trainsimcz play for less than 2 hrs and get a refund if you're not satisfied with it.

• Like Like x 1
  36. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

What is SimRail 2021 - The Railway Simulator?
    SimRail is new, advanced railway simulator. Master high-speed long-distance EMU, heavy freight hauls and suburban trains. Travel 500 km of geodetic-data based real routes. Become train dispatcher and control the traffic according to the schedule or cooperate with other players on multiplayer mode.

SimRail 2021 - The Railway Simulator system requirements
    • Memory:16 GB
    • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon RX 590
    • SimRail 2021 - The Railway Simulator CPU:Intel Core i7-4790
    • File Size:25 GB
    • OS:64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10
    SimRail 2021 - The Railway Simulator minimum requirements

• Memory:8 GB
    • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon RX 570
    • CPU:Intel Core i5-4690
    • SimRail 2021 - The Railway Simulator File Size:25 GB
    • OS:64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10

• Like Like x 3
  37. Pit

Pit Member

Details of the regional train roof in SimRail.
    screen.jpg fd5fb18d72d72214f4553e1215e0553fb9811d08da5980516f6661fbf7a6550f.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

That ballast doesn't look the right colour to me. :D

• Like Like x 5
  39. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

It looks worse than SEHS and you've been bagging that until your fingers bleed!

• Like Like x 2
  40. robski

robski Member

41. 59321747

I have an intuition that when Simrail 2021 is released, I think DTG will upgrade the Unreal V engine. I also think I should upgrade my graphics card by the end of 2021.

42. michael hooley

I have bought most of the sims from their early days, and for most of that time I have had a high spec computer, there have been a few disasters along the way, the first that comes to mind was Railworks "Donner Pass" then the purchase of Trainz New Era, and the latest version is no better. i am losing faith in TSW 2 if IOW is anything to go by.

I think taking everything into consideration TS2021 is the best buy. until of course something better (Maybe Simrail) comes along.

Mike

• Like Like x 3
  43. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Yeah... DTG... Unreal Engine 5... Never in a million years...

• Like Like x 2
  44. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

The laughable thing about "ballast-gate" is, that IRL rail simulators look like a hot mess, but the signalling, physics etc are spot on.
    A train sim isn't a screenshot generator.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

Personally It's nice to see some friendly competition finally entering the Train Simulator market.
    To be able to have another choice of purchase other than Trainz or Train Simulator/TSW is a great thing, they have dominated the market for many many years now and rightly so, but I'm really looking forward to having and discovering new choices, different options, a new story.

• Like Like x 5
  46. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I see people get excited that it's built off a actually simulator used for training, that's not a bad thing don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean it's gonna be extremely accurate just because of that. I mean good old Prepar3d, which is built off the ancient FSX, it's used by the military, but it's not the most accurate sim on the market. More modern sims like X-Plane, the new MSFS, and DCS are much more capable than it. I would also note that TS Classic has at least been considered for use as a pro train sim, I believe Glasgow Airport Rail Link was originally made for that purpose. It depends on what Simrail's base was used for, if it's for actually learning the feel of these trains then that's a great sign, but if it's used more for something like route familiarization than it might not be much more capable than DTG's sims.

Also regardless the base it depends heavily on who's making things on how high quality it's going to be. I know it was mentioned that some of Trainz's Polish third parties are on board, which is better than nothing I guess, but can't say I'm particularly looking forward to their work. Now Searchlight or Bossman was confirmed to be on board I'd be very excited, but I don't expect them or many others even considering Simrail content until the game's out. And until that point my excitement's minimal. because in general the main devs are the only thing to be excited about, and they aren't prove yet.

Again they might've made pro sims, but the requirements for a training sim are very different than a entertainment one. Something for training is fairly limited in scope, probably one route and one engine with concentration on track plan and physics above all else. A entertainment sim tends to multiple routes and engines, which means you can't put in the same time into those singular routes and engines that you could before. On top of that you're also having to spend much more time on secondary elements like scenery, or making the game friendly for the average person, that aren't really required in the professional world.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  47. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes the Glasgow Airport route for TS1 or Railworks as it was then, was built by Thomson as a training route for the proposed but never built Glasgow Airport route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Zgamer328

Zgamer328 New Member

I think with this Simulator DTG will increase route quality to Compete with Sim Rail 2021

• Like Like x 1
  49. martschuffing

I wouldn't hold yer breath mate!
    Anyway, the dissatisfaction and frustration about DtG's recent and upcoming DLC's I believe is rooted in the fact that we can't go into the game and edit stuff ourselves which would go a long way imo of mitigating the negative feedback about what hacks certain users off, plus the fact that we've been told nope not happening and assume it never will happen makes it even more frustrating, so it is and will be a case of like it or lump it. Pity really.

• Like Like x 2
  50. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Agreed, DTG know they pretty much have a monopoly on rail Sims, particularly on consoles so seem to have adopted a "like it or lump it" policy rather than aiming to produce a top quality product.

• Like Like x 5