Carriage Lights?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Jan 16, 2021.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Is it possible to switch on lights in passenger carriages?

Does it depend on the scripting associated with particular carriages? Or can all carriages be lit?

Are some carriages lit only at night, or can you light them during the day too? (I was taking a tour through some AP carriages, but it was very dark and gloomy, even in the daylight, and it would have been nice to light them up.)

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

AP packages often have more features than standard, and most DTG stuff I've seen has the lights on all the time (even so much as casting a glow on the ground at midday)
    AP stuff is often more finessed so the pack you were working with may well have a working carriage light on off switch, but where that is or what the keys are would need the consist makeup made known

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

IIRC the AP 205 Thumper has switchable carriage lighting. I'll have a look later if I can stop playing with their 411 for a moment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. inversnecky

Yes: just check for you to save you the trouble!

I guess as it’s all together as an MU package.

Attached Files:

5. inversnecky

I’ve looked through the manuals of all the AP Mk 1 and 2 coaches I have, but nothing at all about lights. I presume it would be a scripting feature associated with the coaches alone and not the loco (unless an integrated MU pack, like the 205 Cat mentioned)?

Lately I’ve only used the AP carriages to make up trains, not others, so will have a look to see if their lights are on all the time (on indeed if AP lights come on automatically at night).

I do recall my first foray into making a custom train included both AP and other coaches. I didn’t check for lights, but noticed some carriages contained passengers, and others didn’t (AP?).

Will check later: shame if only the non-AP carriages are lit.

6. inversnecky

I can’t seem to mix non AP coaches that came with particular routes outside them, but I experimented with a mixed bag of AP coaches: Mk 1s, 2a, 2b/c and 2e

Result: only the Mk 2b/c and 2e have lights, and they are on all the time, day or night. The others have an ‘ambient’ light at night, so they’re not pitch black inside, but no internal lights switched on.

A Class 27 that came with coaches had no lights.

3F4A340B-E194-4135-8FB8-18C3C1DFB4DE.jpeg EBB8C90F-7B05-42E1-8741-C93D4035A2A1.jpeg CC73806D-69AF-4F32-969A-CA1DE36FF94E.jpeg 8F979F38-352C-4D0B-ACDF-4D02033F1A7D.jpeg